ADVERTISEMENT

To all the Jamey Chadwell fans on here

No it’s absolutely relevant. Within my first three posts on this forum I was attacked, for simply supporting the Beamer hire. So I attacked back.
Time for you to look in the mirror.

Wing, read my above post. The entire back and forth was left off. The question was merely about WHO made that single argument, and yes, you did.

The pages of back and forth and who started what are yours to debate, but they weren't part of the discussion.

If he was brought into a P5 program he would have to alter his offense.
really? Like Urban Meyer had to? Or like Gus Malzahn had to? More than Half the country in HS and College now run a version of what they do.
There are coaches copying what Chadwell is doing already (saw it some this year). So....that is patently incorrect.

I was watching a coastal game late in season and the announcers were talking about how some of Chadwells offense has been added to some P5 systems so I don’t think his offense is holding him back. I think the Charleston So thing is part of what’s holding him back, but there has to be something else because last year he was coach of the year and didn’t get a sniff in Knoxville or Nashville and he is from Tennessee. I hope he gets a shot soon so this never ending debate can be put to rest.
It has without question. We were the perfect fit, at the perfect time for the perfect price for Chadwell one year ago. I feel like we caught lightning in a bottle with Joe Morrison and his combo of maverick style and willingness to dance on the cutting edge of X and Os because of nothing to lose (as part of our program). Chadwell could've been that. Might not have worked....but was the perfect scenario to try it.

Last edited:
That's not arguing semantics, because the point isn't selling Beamer, shouldn't have to, it's pointing out that there's a reason there haven't been recent threads about Chadwell. Told you so isn't an argument schmuck, it's a victory lap
he was 11-1 in 2020 and 11-2 this year. None of the teams CC played this year had a crisis the week they played them like we were fortunate to run across twice this season. So, as a Gamecock supporter with SB as the HC....there are no victory laps. If SB wins 20 games in the next 3 seasons and Chadwell flops somewhere big or is out of coaching...you can take a victory lap.

he was 11-1 in 2020 and 11-2 this year. None of the teams CC played this year had a crisis the week they played them like we were fortunate to run across twice this season. So, as a Gamecock supporter with SB as the HC....there are no victory laps. If SB wins 20 games in the next 3 seasons and Chadwell flops somewhere big or is out of coaching...you can take a victory lap.

Coastal SOS is 114 while USC SOS is 47. 2020 Coastal was 74 and USC was 36. So comparing their records is not even close to fair.

Also, other teams running RPO’s is not using Chadwell’s plays.

Coastal SOS is 114 while USC SOS is 47. 2020 Coastal was 74 and USC was 36. So comparing their records is not even close to fair.

To be fair, Chadwell would be coaching much better talent at SC than he is at Coastal.

The records don't compare, the schedules don't compare and the roster doesn't compare. One is a step up from the other.

Edit: meaning, if we judge a coach at a lower level, it should be how he does against like competition.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
To be fair, Chadwell would be coaching much better talent at SC than he is at Coastal.

The records don't compare, the schedules don't compare and the roster doesn't compare. One is a step up from the other.

Edit: meaning, if we judge a coach at a lower level, it should be how he does against like competition.

I understand your point and it’s fair. However, I’d argue Coastal has better talent than 70% of the teams they play. Where USC has inferior talent in more games than they have superior talent. Chadwell’s losses over the last 2 years have been when talent was even, in my opinion. I’d say beating BYU was a win for him when he had equal to lesser talent.

I know HC are responsible for recruiting but USC even at its highest was still behind 3-4 SEC teams even if it was extremely close. Coastal can recruit above its peers.

I understand your point and it’s fair. However, I’d argue Coastal has better talent than 70% of the teams they play. Where USC has inferior talent in more games than they have superior talent. Chadwell’s losses over the last 2 years have been when talent was even, in my opinion. I’d say beating BYU was a win for him when he had equal to lesser talent.

I know HC are responsible for recruiting but USC even at its highest was still behind 3-4 SEC teams even if it was extremely close. Coastal can recruit above its peers.

Yeah, to fit Columbia, a coach needs to coach up lesser talent than most of his competition will have.

I am not familiar with coastal recruiting levels compared to peers, so I'll take your word for it.

Reactions: CockyinNoVa
???? Napier was one of the top candidates for the Mississippi State and South Carolina jobs at a minimum. In fact, per the MSU site, he took his name out of the running when he became the primary target at South Carolina and when MSU lost its top candidate to the NY Giants HC position.
Napier never got an interview with South Carolina. A true interveiw. Or plainly, he was never offered the job.

Last edited:
Napier has a lot of "skeletons" from when he coached at Clemson. A bit of irony is the day after Clemson named Dabo head coach the next day he made a comment that he had fired Billy Napier. I know for a fact he and Dabo had a lot of bad moments in the Clemson locker room after they had lost a game. Lets just say it was not pleasant.
Not true. Ask Kimry about this. Brad aLawing told the whole story. on Erik’s podcast when he was still coaching at Hammond. Dabo was on a recruiting trip when Napier was canned for recruiting violations by AD Terry Don Phillips or whatever his name was. Lawing had video of the infractions & asked the AD if he wanted to handle it or if he wanted Brad to handle it.

Also, other teams running RPO’s is not using Chadwell’s plays.
More than just plays...and more than just RPOs.
I didn't address SOS. It is obvious Carolina's SOS is stupid hard...year in and out since 92.
But, a winner is a winner. Chadwell will have to continue to prove that wherever he ends up....IF he leaves Conway. h#LL - he might not want to given some of the sh!t show programs at the P5 level these days. Maybe he's the smartest guy in the room FOR staying at CCU. He can have the stadium named after him in about 5-6 more years....versus being fired for winning 64-70% of your games like at over half the other SEC programs.

Reactions: Neanderthal
More than just plays...and more than just RPOs.
I didn't address SOS. It is obvious Carolina's SOS is stupid hard...year in and out since 92.
But, a winner is a winner. Chadwell will have to continue to prove that wherever he ends up....IF he leaves Conway. h#LL - he might not want to given some of the sh!t show programs at the P5 level these days. Maybe he's the smartest guy in the room FOR staying at CCU. He can have the stadium named after him in about 5-6 more years....versus being fired for winning 64-70% of your games like at over half the other SEC programs.

You keep saying his stuff is being used but you’ve got zero proof of P5 schools using it.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Tell me your theory as to why he has he gotten no interest from big time progrums.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT