ADVERTISEMENT

To pigback on Freddie’s post .. What’s the greatest college or Pro game you ever watched

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
For me it’s easy ... The Texas vs USC Rose Bowl . So many amazing players in that game and has there every been a better Individual better performance than Vince Young in that game . A close second would be the Boise State Vs Oklahoma “Statue of Liberty” game . That game had it all . Those are the two that stick out to me the most . As far as NFL , the Patriot super bowl comeback vs Atlanta or the Wild Chief vs Rams Monday night shootout last year are probably my favorites .

Reactions: EgotisticalGamecock
It's funny, when I saw the thread title that USC v. TX Rose Bowl was the first to pop into my head too.
The greatest Gamecock game (going by dominance) has got to be beating UGA 35-7 back however many years ago that seems like another lifetime ago

A couple off the top of my head that involved USC. When we beat quempsum at WB in '78, I think. Was a very exciting game that came down to the last play.

Another one was when USC beat UT on Rocky Top to win the first game ever against the viles at UT. SOS was the coach and we had taken a one or two point lead. We got the ball back but had to make a first down to run out the clock. Otherwise UT could have gotten a FG and won the game.

In baseball I have 4. 1991 Braves v Pirates, 2010 SC v UCLA game 2011 SC v UVA, and the UF game.

Football 2012 UGA game. Most electric atmosphere Ive ever been a part of. Honorable mention 1984 SC v FSU game

Pro game is the game where Favre's dad died. Magic was in the air.

2007 Fiesta Bowl, 2006 USC/tater game

I attended the USC vs tater game in 2006. Also, the USC vs tater game of 1996 (I had forgotten about that game), I was in attendance for that game, it was a thriller until the last second ticked off the clock. And near the end of the game both fan bases were on their collective feet both bands were playing as hard as they could and it came down to the last couple of plays. quempsum turned the ball over on downs and A1 took a knee to end the game.

2007 Fiesta bowl Boise state vs Oklahoma
2018 Rose bowl Oklahoma vs Georgia
2012 Orange bowl west virginia vs clemson
1993 Sugar bowl Alabama vs Miami
2000 Independence bowl Texas A&M vs Mississippi State

ICE BOWL-Green Bay -v- Dallas.....Bart Starr with QB sneak behind Kramer
USC -v- Georgia.....35-7 USC win-great game and emotional with Army father surprising his family before the game.
Handley -v- James Wood HS 1970....finished in a tie at 22-22...both teams finished 9-0-1 in regular season. James Wood won Virginia State Championship the year before "Remember the Titans" took place with Ronnie Bass (USC). I captained that 1970 James Wood team and it is easily remembered.

Mothers Day weekend. Daughter fouled off seven pitches before getting getting her first college HR. Mother was presented the ball with during the same inning. Did I mention it was Mother's Day weekend? My best friend's daughter was on the opposing team, which made it even sweeter. Best college game ever.

1984 Orange Bowl Nebraska vs Miami
Just an incredible game for the NC. Nebraska was thought as unbeatable, and was just rolling over their opponents, averaging 52 points a game. Heisman winner Rosier and Turner Gill were the standouts for Nebraska. Miami was at the time an upstart and really having a Cinderella season.

Major swings of 17 points by both teams, with Nebraska failing on a 2 point conversion with seconds left, giving Miami the improbable win.
This game had everything you could have wanted.
31-30 Miami wins.

I'm a Gamecock so the most exciting game I've ever seen was the over the top game at Georgia followed closely by the Eric K. Fade.. It happened right in front of me and the place went absolutely ape shit.

Off the top of my head, the first Outback Bowl against Michigan comes to mind. That game had everything, including an attempted screwing of the Gamecocks that was rectified by one of the game's iconic plays by the best player on the field. Throw in an Ace Sanders punt return for a TD and a game winning TD pass by the backup QB in the closing seconds of the game and there's very little more a Gamecock fan could ask for.

Honorable mentions go to the OT game at Missouri, The Fade, and the 2001 win over Alabama.

In non-Gamecock games, the kick-six in the Iron Bowl is absolutely legendary.

Duke vs UK / 1992 / Elite 8

Understood that Duke is very well hated in these parts, and Laettner used to be public enemy #1 on a nationwide scale...but that was a whale of a game from start to finish.

Reactions: SCexpat38
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT