ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Grantham and OL coach Hevesy are out at FLA

Maybe so, but it is not without cause. The defense last year was arguably the worst in the history of UF(article written about it).

Ever since the LSU game, the only somewhat decent aspect of the defense went down the drain....the dline.
None of this is untrue. But there's a miasma around that program that the Head Man has to take responsibility for. The current AD down there is considered dissolute. We'll see.

Hevesy has coached with Mullen for 20 years. He's one of Mullen's proteges. This could be a mercy killing by Mullen. If he suspects he's gonna get canned at the end of the year he might have cut Hevesy loose early so he can get a head start on job hunting before the market is cluttered.

Otherwise, it doesn't make a lot of sense to be firing assistants with 3 games to go.

As fun as yesterday was, I really hate being the team that because you got beat by us you have to fire somebody.
Majority of Gators fans have wanted him gone since early 2020 season. It's not the SC loss really, it's that we're 4-7 in last 11 games going back to last season and defense has been shite the whole time and even before that stretch. 3 losses in a row and 5 out of last 7 this season meant heads had to roll. Mullen is 2-2 vs UK, 1-3 vs LSU, 1-3 vs Uga. Mullen needs to go, these firings are just delaying that. So no, don't feel bad that it's losing to SC, it's an accumulation of shite, but losing in the fashion we did to SC definitely spurred (pun intended, haha) the expedited rolling of heads.

I’m no expert, but it seems like Grantham never figured out that Florida has the fastest players in the country, so they over pursued every play.

As fun as yesterday was, I really hate being the team that because you got beat by us you have to fire somebody.
Well, Mullen wasn't fired. I think everyone would have weathered a close loss. But this was a really bad look. This is the most points SC has ever scored on UF. And it was really close to being 43 or 47.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cockopotamus
The late kick on youtube last night address the Florida situation and our game.also around the 30-minute mark I think, he mentioned AL o-line issues.kinda sounds what we've been going thru but they have the talent to overcome to some degree.

Hevesy has coached with Mullen for 20 years. He's one of Mullen's proteges. This could be a mercy killing by Mullen. If he suspects he's gonna get canned at the end of the year he might have cut Hevesy loose early so he can get a head start on job hunting before the market is cluttered.

Otherwise, it doesn't make a lot of sense to be firing assistants with 3 games to go.
It was a total cover his own ass move. He fired them so there would be less heat on him.

He didn't make the call to fire those coaches on his own. I'm sure he had no choice. If he refused they could still be fired by the AD.

Reactions: Lakecock1

3rd and 1 4th and 1 you get stuffed and that gets you fired against SC Hate to say SC

Reactions: Lakecock1
RING RING RING, "Hello this is Florida Gator Football, is Defensive Analyst Will Muschamp available, if not have him give us call at UF football operations, ask for Mr Stricklin please, Thanks"

• Haha
Reactions: bascock

Good thinking.

Majority of Gators fans have wanted him gone since early 2020 season. It's not the SC loss really, it's that we're 4-7 in last 11 games going back to last season and defense has been shite the whole time and even before that stretch. 3 losses in a row and 5 out of last 7 this season meant heads had to roll. Mullen is 2-2 vs UK, 1-3 vs LSU, 1-3 vs Uga. Mullen needs to go, these firings are just delaying that. So no, don't feel bad that it's losing to SC, it's an accumulation of shite, but losing in the fashion we did to SC definitely spurred (pun intended, haha) the expedited rolling of heads.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, NorthJerseyGator.

RING RING RING, "Hello this is Florida Gator Football, is Defensive Analyst Will Muschamp available, if not have him give us call at UF football operations, ask for Mr Stricklin please, Thanks"
I'll take him easily as DC. Our defense was salty and our defense recruits were highly rated when he was in G-ville. Defense has sucked since he's been gone. Even at the time we fired him, lots of Gators fans wanted him to stay as a DC, lol. Shoot, once JAX shovels Urbs over the fence, I'll take him back as HC and run offense and Muschamp can punch walls, yell at the moon, and coach defense, haha.

I'll take him easily as DC. Our defense was salty and our defense recruits were highly rated when he was in G-ville. Defense has sucked since he's been gone. Even at the time we fired him, lots of Gators fans wanted him to stay as a DC, lol. Shoot, once JAX shovels Urbs over the fence, I'll take him back as HC and run offense and Muschamp can punch walls, yell at the moon, and coach defense, haha.
Some folks are better as the #2 guy - and Muschamp may be a good example.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Well, Mullen wasn't fired. I think everyone would have weathered a close loss. But this was a really bad look. This is the most points SC has ever scored on UF. And it was really close to being 43 or 47.
Easily. Shane played nice at the end. I was starting to hope for half a hundred on them.

Reactions: TheReelEss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT