ADVERTISEMENT

Toe to toe with Texas

Any highlights of this weekend? Especially some clips of the bat flipping and mat dragging.

I don't mind most bat flips but the fact that he deliberately flipped it towards the mound made it bush league.
Walk-offs: flip it as high as you want. Even if last frame and there is a lead change, ok. But to bat flip when you are already up by 2? Somebody in that bullpen is about to kicked out of the game, generally the reckless flamethrower type. Catcher shouldn't have to call the pitch, nor should he have to move.

Yeah...this aged well.
HUH?? were they not?? I must have read it wrong!! Yes they did beat Texas 2 out of three YIPPPE that means they are 9-7 I guess you are happy with 9-7?? I am not!! Should have been at least 10-3 or 9-4 even going into that series. BUT Hey if you are Happy, Congrats to you. I still have yet to be impressed!!

Walk-offs: flip it as high as you want. Even if last frame and there is a lead change, ok. But to bat flip when you are already up by 2? Somebody in that bullpen is about to kicked out of the game, generally the reckless flamethrower type. Catcher shouldn't have to call the pitch, nor should he have to move.

Like I said...I don't mind them in most all situations. It's like celebrating in football...I'm okay with that as well.

This bat flip however...not so much...for the reason I stated.

HUH?? were they not?? I must have read it wrong!! Yes they did beat Texas 2 out of three YIPPPE that means they are 9-7 I guess you are happy with 9-7?? I am not!! Should have been at least 10-3 or 9-4 even going into that series. BUT Hey if you are Happy, Congrats to you. I still have yet to be impressed!!

Calm down, Karen.

Tell me where the bad man hurt you.

I guess you are Happy with this ONCE storied program, Now after a win is 9-8.. YIPPPEEE forgive me for not noticing the Unicorns and Rainbows that are on your bedroom wall!!

Not totally happy at all. But for you to say it won't get any better while ignoring the fact that we took two of three from the #1 team in the land is asinine.

And what's wrong with unicorns and rainbows?

Reactions: cockofdawn
Not totally happy at all. But for you to say it won't get any better while ignoring the fact that we took two of three from the #1 team in the land is asinine.

And what's wrong with unicorns and rainbows?
I was happy about beating Texas for sure, but I think you'll see them in the top 25 all year, but out of the top 10 eventually. Definitely not the #1 team. We might be a good team but our record won't look great because of who we play as well.
I just wish we could be dominant like we were with Tanner as coach.

I was happy about beating Texas for sure, but I think you'll see them in the top 25 all year, but out of the top 10 eventually. Definitely not the #1 team. We might be a good team but our record won't look great because of who we play as well.
I will pull for the yardcocks every game, however for people to be HAPPY with where this once storied program has fallen is beyond my thinking. I am pissed, that was the one Men’s program we were excited to watch, not now, it is unwatchable

Reactions: lostcock
Just pointing out that the Sunshine Pumpers are WAY OFF BASE on this team!!
Yeah unfortunately some people are so blinded by the garnet and black shades that they will chest pound at anything that looks remotely like success. No one will care at the end of this year we beat Texas.

The comparison to the Braves was just pitiful. I get what he was trying to do, but this team doesn’t have anywhere near the talent or coaching to turn it around like the Braves did last year. They also don’t have the benefit of free agency.

Yeah unfortunately some people are so blinded by the garnet and black shades that they will chest pound at anything that looks remotely like success. No one will care at the end of this year we beat Texas.

The comparison to the Braves was just pitiful. I get what he was trying to do, but this team doesn’t have anywhere near the talent or coaching to turn it around like the Braves did last year. They also don’t have the benefit of free agency.
yep, that is ONE thing you and I can agree on!!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
true!! We disagree a lot on Politics, But when it gets heated, remember, I still love you man!! and All my gamecock pals
Same here Gamecock brother!

fam-chest.gif

Never amazes me how some supposed Gamecock fans get giddy with joy over any Gamecock sport's troubles.

Talk about losers.
Maybe they can see the forest despite the trees. Kingston has done a terrible job, he needs to go. Great win vs a really good Vandy team. Hopefully they can build on it “in spite” of Kingston.

Yeah typical response from a loser. Claim to be so much more intelligent or aware than other folks to explain their constant bashing of the teams at Carolina and being happy as sh*t about it. Eyeroll
Lol sorry I didn’t realize you were so smarter than me. You are obviously the greatness I humbly apologize. If you are happy with this year so far, I am glad for you!! I am not. The win two home series against a good team and an overrated team, they have to show me they can sustain it.. but hey apparently I am not allowed an opinion of my own!!

Texas wound up #3 last year and this is a much better team. The best Texas pitcher (Witt) was out for the SC series. Texas is 17-5 right now and ranked No.2 in the nation. I don't know why you think Texas would be out of the top ten.

I'm right here. How about that win over #14 UGA?

I'm sure that pissed you off. 😂
I’m glad we won but maybe a win that just elevated us out of the SEC cellar by one game isn’t the best time to come back and pump. Especially since Kingston has burned through our game 3 starter today to get that win. We’re still going to have to hop a lot of teams to get to even qualify for Hoover.

And we very well could end up back as the sec doormat in about 12 hours.

I’m glad we won but maybe a win that just elevated us out of the SEC cellar by one game isn’t the best time to come back and pump. Especially since Kingston has burned through our game 3 starter today to get that win. We’re still going to have to hop a lot of teams to get to even qualify for Hoover.

And we very well could end up back as the sec doormat in about 12 hours.
I still can’t even believe how some people are (I guess) trying to defend this coaching staff!! This team will win a couple, but no way this once great program should be hoping to win a game trying to get out of the celllar. That I will not understand!!

I still can’t even believe how some people are (I guess) trying to defend this coaching staff!! This team will win a couple, but no way this once great program should be hoping to win a game trying to get out of the celllar. That I will not understand!!
We’re so bad it’s not funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT