ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Brady.

tenor.gif

I didn't watch the game but heard part of highlights on local news. But where was the ball when GB decided to go for the FG instead of going for the TD on 4th down?

I didn't watch the game but heard part of highlights on local news. But where was the ball when GB decided to go for the FG instead of going for the TD on 4th down?
I missed the play but I read it was on the 8 yard line. That’s quite different from the 1 or 2 where the D has to watch for the run. Sure, they might have gotten a TD from the 8, but I’ll bet more than half of the coaches in the league would have taken the points so that a TD later would win.

I missed the play but I read it was on the 8 yard line. That’s quite different from the 1 or 2 where the D has to watch for the run. Sure, they might have gotten a TD from the 8, but I’ll bet more than half of the coaches in the league would have taken the points so that a TD later would win.

I agree it would have been difficult to score a TD in that position but with just over 2 minutes remaining there was a great chance GB wouldn't get the ball back and that turned out to be the case.

Reactions: DrMickey
I agree it would have been difficult to score a TD in that position but with just over 2 minutes remaining there was a great chance GB wouldn't get the ball back and that turned out to be the case.
Freddie, I didn’t realize it was their last possession. I had to miss about 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. I’m with you. This time, the second guessing might be deserved.

If my QB is Aaron Rodgers I’ll take my chances on the 4th and 8 . Better yet if I know the opposing QB is Brady I’m not trusting my defense to get him off the field . I told my buddy’s when Green Bay kicked the field goal that would be their last possession . In the presser after the game Rodgers didn’t seem overly thrilled about the FG call .

When Green Bay kicked the field goal I knew it was over . Brady’s great but Tampa’s defense won that game .
Yep...as a Tampa Bay season ticket holder I was going crazy. Some really bad calls in the 4th quarter. I thought that was one of the worst quarters I've seen Brady play. Kudos to the defense and also them kicking a FG late in the game.

Reactions: caughtlookin
Freddie, I didn’t realize it was their last possession. I had to miss about 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. I’m with you. This time, the second guessing might be deserved.

Not to mention that Rodgers had some space to run on the third down play, but chose to throw it to a covered receiver instead. If he had run, he probably could have set them up with a very manageable 4th and goal from the one or two yard line. Just a comedy of errors all around for the Packers on that particular series.

Not to mention that Rodgers had some space to run on the third down play, but chose to throw it to a covered receiver instead. If he had run, he probably could have set them up with a very manageable 4th and goal from the one or two yard line. Just a comedy of errors all around for the Packers on that particular series.
I agree and I think he could (maybe) have scored and won the game. Certainly a better chance than hoping for a 2 minute stop.

Reactions: 803blf
OK..... You had to get down there AGAIN so why not go for the TD while you were already THERE? and then you just had to get in field goal range the next time and not having to get there again. GOTTA RISK IT FOR THE BISCUIT!!!

Yep...as a Tampa Bay season ticket holder I was going crazy. Some really bad calls in the 4th quarter. I thought that was one of the worst quarters I've seen Brady play. Kudos to the defense and also them kicking a FG late in the game.
Season ticket holder??? Your my new best friend!!
Haven't been to Tampa in a few years (born in St. Pete) but I would in a heart beat.

Reactions: vipercock
Season ticket holder??? Your my new best friend!!
Haven't been to Tampa in a few years (born in St. Pete) but I would in a heart beat.
Been a ticket holder since 1994. I lived there in the 90's and still buy them every year. I still go to a couple of games a year and sell the rest on Ebay. I love Tampa...its a fun city. The Bucs put the ticket holders in a lottery for SB tickets so I'm crossing my fingers they pick me.

As a Bills fan, I've spent the better part of the past 20 years hating the Patriots. As my Bills continued to stink it up and the Patriots continued to win with a revolving door of players and assistant coaches, I gradually warmed up to them. I was never a fan, of course, but I just grew to appreciate just how impressive and rare their streak of success was. It was impossible not to as a general football fan. Kind of like admiring Saban.

That said, it did my heart well to see NE and Belichick fall flat on their faces this year. Bill got a bit full of himself, thinking he could win without Brady. I'm not sure why he thought that as he'd never been much of a winner without Brady. Tom would never say as much, but you know he wants this SB more than any he's ever played in.

Yeah right, they weren't even close. Marino is behind Brees and Manning. Staubach was an icon, but Brady is the best football player in history. He and Rice are so far ahead of #3 it's not even funny.

Best football player in history? Why are you so biased in favor of skill position players? If I picked a "best football player" it would more likely be a lineman (Anthony Munoz?), pass rusher (Lawrence Taylor?) or shut down corner (Night Train Lane?).

But before you can even get to that, you have to set whether you are talking about best career or best snapshot at any particular season. Brady and other long careered players like Emmit Smith do better when talking overall career. Players like Gale Sayers whose career was cut short by injury do well if just picking a snapshot of a great season. I picked Staubach as he was the best in 1971 that I have seen a qb play. But it isn't fair to match overall careers with a guy who plays into his 40s like Brady. Staubach's career was cut short on the end by concussions and on the start by the US Navy. Staubach won the Heisman in 1963, then wasn't allowed to play football for the next seven years. yet his name is still mentioned when greatest QB arguments come up. Because when he did play, he was great. Marino's 1984 season shocked football, so he does better with a snapshot approach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT