ADVERTISEMENT

Too soon??

As I stated, HBC is the greatest football coach we've ever had. 2010-2013 is the best 4 year stretch by a long shot. But at the end of the day, we came away with 1 division title.

What is an appropriate way to honor him? Certainly think the naming of the practice facility is enough in that regard. Used to think he'd have the field named after him/a statue, but that would be ridiculous for not even winning an SEC title.

Hopefully one day it's Will Muschamp Field at Williams Brice Stadium...

As I stated, HBC is the greatest football coach we've ever had. 2010-2013 is the best 4 year stretch by a long shot. But at the end of the day, we came away with 1 division title.

What is an appropriate way to honor him? Certainly think the naming of the practice facility is enough in that regard. Used to think he'd have the field named after him/a statue, but that would be ridiculous for not even winning an SEC title.

Hopefully one day it's Will Muschamp Field at Williams Brice Stadium...
Hear Hear!

Yes he did as noted but why bring him out now to a mixture of cheers and boos? Too many of the fans don't see it the way the admin. sees it. The truth is to me is that Tanner should have let Spurrier retire when he wanted to. He beat Clemson 5 years in a row but they made up for it last year at Clemson by shaming our players and beating us like we had stolen something from them. When got here and started winning we thought we had arrived to stay and expected him to leave us singing. Just like the song from the 60's says "Why do you build me up buttercup just to let me down"? ...lol
he will get some boos RIGHT NOW, like i said, not right now..

Most will never understand the impact Coach Sourrier had on the University. The growth around the stadium can be directly linked to him coming to USC. There isn't another coach on the country that would have generated that much excitement. There were 2 Condo projects declared right after he announced. The growth hasn't slowed down since. Big time booster stepped up. Booster that we have had a long time reached deeper into their pockets to help support this program on a major level.

Outside of wins. loses, recruiting and quiting, he was a huge benefit to USC. Why do you think Florida was eager to get him back.. He brings in the business.

But like SOS said himself.. If it happens it happen.. If it doesn't so what.. It's really not a story worth reporting. Unless of course you want to bash someone.. then the newspaper is reporting it and you are in the right place to pile on..

Reactions: coolcock2001
He WILL get booed. His name is Mudd for the vast majority of Gamecock fans. At first I was all against it...but have come around. I think it would be very fitting for him to face Gamecock nation without a filter and get the feedback he deserves. He quit way before he officially hung it up. He knew what the outcome would be....he just did not care.

Yes, it's way too soon.

The Spurrier chapter is over. Our program needs to turn the page and move on. Spurrier had a good run, but it's over Johnny. Turn the page.

I'd let him come back if he wrote the school a check for the $10,000,000.00 he owes them after quiting on us the last 2 1/2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT