Top HBC call in show excuses

uscgamecok

Feb 5, 2003
"we gotta coach better"
"we had some missed assignments"
"we have some guys not playing with any effort"
"that was a bad call"

Reactions: GamecockJL
"yea Todd...we aren't that good right now, we have to do a better job of coaching"

He threw Nunez under the bus coming out from halftime....I was shocked.....they set the kid up with run plays....Spurrier said he ran too much....the first play in the second half...they call for a Nunez run....

Reactions: gamecock ed
He threw Nunez under the bus coming out from halftime....I was shocked.....they set the kid up with run plays....Spurrier said he ran too much....the first play in the second half...they call for a Nunez run....

I think Spurrier meant that Nunez took off running too often on called pass plays. He said he panicked, felt pressure that wasn't there, then took off running. I agree with Spurrier. Our biggest problem today was Nunez not being able to step up in the pocket and hit open receivers. Nunez held the ball too long, scrambled out of the pocket, then tried to force throws that were no longer there.

I think Spurrier meant that Nunez took off running too often on called pass plays. He said he panicked, felt pressure that wasn't there, then took off running. I agree with Spurrier. Our biggest problem today was Nunez not being able to step up in the pocket and hit open receivers. Nunez held the ball too long, scrambled out of the pocket, then tried to force throws that were no longer there.

Shaw used to do it all the time. Was always hailed for it because he usually turned it into a gain and we usually won.

Tooth suck. Tooth suck. Tooth suck. Where is Ron Morris when I need him. Tooth suck

That's why you handle a frosh QB the way Mizzou did. Gave him short quick throws to get him comfortable and slow down the pass rush...let him gain confidence. We don't do that....at all.

He HAD to run....did you see the game...lol.. ..

Reactions: usc8205
It's real bad and we haven't even got to tough part of schedule
Tell me about it. I don't realistically see a way how we beat LSU next week. Vandy isn't a guaranteed win & the A&M the week after. We could honestly go on a 4 game skid baring nothing short of a miracle

Yes, I saw the game. I saw him not get the ball out fast enough to open WR's too many times.
He was ducking and on the run....I saw what happened....even when the announcers said "There was an open receiver" he was running for his life, not looking the field over....geez !

He HAD to run....did you see the game...lol.. ..
yeah i know....just reminded me of a buddy of mine that was a high school QB and he said his line was so bad he would just get the snap and take off running for his life....never had any time to do anything

One excuse you won't hear....well Hoke ended up sucking as bad as Deke and Ward...but not as bad as Junior.....

That's why you handle a frosh QB the way Mizzou did. Gave him short quick throws to get him comfortable and slow down the pass rush...let him gain confidence. We don't do that....at all.
Thank your for pointing this out. The armchair QBs are trying to hold a true Freshman accountable for Spurrier calling risky downfield throws that made no sense with a QB w/ little experience.

Thank your for pointing this out. The armchair QBs are trying to hold a true Freshman accountable for Spurrier calling risky downfield throws that made no sense with a QB w/ little experience.

I agree but when we threw the ball downfield was he trying to hit da moon? Nunez will be awesome when he is a receiver

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT