ADVERTISEMENT

Tramel Terry transferring from jawga...broke our Mr. Football streak.

G-C-Gamecock

Jan 26, 2012
Georgia defensive back Tramel Terry has decided to transfer for the purpose of seeking more playing time according to a statement released by the Georgia Sports Communication office. A redshirt sophomore from Goose Creek, S.C., Terry was moved from wide receiver to defensive back as a true freshman.

Thus far in his Georgia career most of his work has been on special teams. He has registered eight total tackles, a pass breakup and an interception in his UGA career. It is unclear where he will transfer at this time. UGA also released statements from both Terry and Head Coach Mark Richt.

"I appreciate the opportunity provided by Georgia," Terry said. "I have many friends there but believe I¹ll have a better chance for playing time somewhere else."

Reactions: KillEmAllDAWG
Georgia defensive back Tramel Terry has decided to transfer for the purpose of seeking more playing time according to a statement released by the Georgia Sports Communication office. A redshirt sophomore from Goose Creek, S.C., Terry was moved from wide receiver to defensive back as a true freshman.

Thus far in his Georgia career most of his work has been on special teams. He has registered eight total tackles, a pass breakup and an interception in his UGA career. It is unclear where he will transfer at this time. UGA also released statements from both Terry and Head Coach Mark Richt.

"I appreciate the opportunity provided by Georgia," Terry said. "I have many friends there but believe I¹ll have a better chance for playing time somewhere else."

He never got back from the knee injury suffered in the Shrine Bowl, I assume it healed, but all that explosiveness he had never returned. Hope things work out for him whereever he ends up, good guy.

He could play here if he stays around the line of scrimmage
we need this guy
boucher_charge.gif

I wish him well, wherever he goes. I thought he was going to be a great player, but, like so many college players, he didn't work out as well as we hoped. I guess he realized the guys in front of him were better than he is and he's not going to move up in the depth chart. Good luck to him.

I don't think we have to worry about him going to Auburn. He has no felony arrests and was not kicked off of the team for multiple rule violations so he doesn't fit the type of player they like to sign.

The only qualification he needs here is to be able to play 5-7 yards off of the line of scrimmage from the receiver, then do your best to tackle the guy once he catches it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT