ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Lawrence Assault

Remember when Derek Watson was arrested for an altercation during an intramural basketball game? Of course that was a student referee but still...

On another note...if you are too precious to play basketball at the risk of injury...don’t play.

Surprised Dabo didn't get that kid kicked out school for making Trevor shove him to the ground... Could have hurt Trevor's throwing arm or elbow....

Last edited:
Trevor?

tenor.gif
What happened there has nothing to do with his faith.

LOL, oh no you didnt...

I will say in defense of Goldilocks, if you are throwing screens on the other side of the half court line then your a** better be prepared to hit the deck because you're asking for it and in a pickup game you deserve it.
What?? If you don't want to get screened just turn and get your ace up court. If you're gonna put a game face on you're fair game. as it were. And if you get mad and physical with a guy that just played you, you're a douche; sorry.

Reactions: Carolina4
They are probably more concerned with the guy videoing / leaking that the guy who got pushed.
That guy is doomed. They'll have the signs up next week, "No Pictures or Cell Phones Allowed Past this Point".

Last edited:
Reactions: Carolina4
False. If you're gonna talk it you gotta walk it, or its not legit.
So it's a sin to shove someone? He's a 19 year old kid in a pickup basketball game we aren't perfect my friend besides we don't know what lead up to his act of horror. Minor stuff, but ones faith is always the first thing questioned.

I've changed my mind Trevor should be removed from school right away this stuff has no place in basketball pickups. This surely is a sigh of aggression that has to be dealt with.... please....get him out of school now before football season comes around.

So it's a sin to shove someone? He's a 19 year old kid in a pickup basketball game we aren't perfect my friend besides we don't know what lead up to his act of horror. Minor stuff, but ones faith is always the first thing questioned.

Tebow would never shove a kid. Unlike your boy "Trevor"

iu

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
If this had been Clowney at SC...do you think people would have been rushing to his defense?

Yes, literally every USC fan would have rushed to his defense. I doubt anyone would be dumb enough/willing to set a screen on Clowney though.

Yes, literally every USC fan would have rushed to his defense. I doubt anyone would be dumb enough/willing to set a screen on Clowney though.
Is that what would have happened in your hypothetical scenario? I guess since it was Lawrence, and not Clowney, who actually did it, we will never know. But I'm glad you have figured out what Gamecock fans would do if your dreamworld scenario actually happened.
By that way...what would have happened in Germany if Hitler had been accepted to art school?
And that isn't how you use "literally." I have a hard time believing you could get 100% of any fan base to share a mind on anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
Tebow would never shove a kid. Unlike your boy "Trevor"

iu

Kid might have been goading the celebrity. People do that. Can't really interpret the incident without some context.
Kid might have been goading the celebrity. People do that. Can't really interpret the incident without some context.
The kid looked like he was body checking or blocking down field not setting a pick everyone else was headed the other way...lol.

Remember when Derek Watson was arrested for an altercation during an intramural basketball game? Of course that was a student referee but still...

On another note...if you are too precious to play basketball at the risk of injury...don’t play.

The guy should not have set a screen on the non-offense side half court. And Lawrence pushed him out of the way once, and the dude looked like he was trying to set another screen, or whatever. No, Lawrence should not have pushed him another time. Frustration rules, but no assault. Not a good display of sportsmanship.

Looks like to me some nerdy student trying to compete with a football player. Not ideal.

Intramurals should be organized by leagues according to levels of ability, but they aren't.

Is that what would have happened in your hypothetical scenario? I guess since it was Lawrence, and not Clowney, who actually did it, we will never know. But I'm glad you have figured out what Gamecock fans would do if your dreamworld scenario actually happened.
By that way...what would have happened in Germany if Hitler had been accepted to art school?
And that isn't how you use "literally." I have a hard time believing you could get 100% of any fan base to share a mind on anything.

I do believe most SC fans would defend Clowney. But I doubt many Clemson fans defend him as many Gamecock fans defend Lawrence.

As mentioned, what happened isn’t the biggest deal in the world. But if it had been Clowney...I’m sure this would’ve been a much larger issue for Tiger fans.

Taters announce they will be providing their own inside investigation to clear qb name. As soon as they finish the three drug investigations.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Taters announce they will be providing their own inside investigation to clear qb name. As soon as they finish the three drug investigations.
I have a feeling this whole things get blown up to be something it ain't and the guy who took that video has to leave Clemson in the end that's the way things work now. Making much to do about nothing is the norm. at least the guy he shoved was a white dude or all hell would break lose.

I’m sure there is more video of this game. The kid doesn’t set a screen in back court and Trevor guy doesn’t barrel through it like he did if there wasn’t actions leading up to the assault. :).

I do believe most SC fans would defend Clowney. But I doubt many Clemson fans defend him as many Gamecock fans defend Lawrence.

As mentioned, what happened isn’t the biggest deal in the world. But if it had been Clowney...I’m sure this would’ve been a much larger issue for Tiger fans.

Absolutely. There would be no Clemson fans defending Clowney. Would be a massive smear campaign and they'd be destroying his character, class, etc. That's how it works. And since they're winning big now, they get to write the narrative on all of that stuff.

Would be that we're a trashy, classless school and Columbia is a dump, etc. Wouldn't expect anything more from our thug players, etc. I can see it right now.

I’m sure there is more video of this game. The kid doesn’t set a screen in back court and Trevor guy doesn’t barrel through it like he did if there wasn’t actions leading up to the assault. :).

The kid looks like he is maybe 5'9" tall and maybe 180 lbs? He is probably 8 inches shorter than TL. Unless he has lots of speed and jumping ability, he really should not be out there. To be competitive, intramurals at a large college should be for those who were high school basketball players AAA school or higher.

The shoved kid may be a skilled player, or may be only a pickup player without many bb skills. The top intramural teams are stacked with talented players who are invited to join. A lot of the lesser talented teams consist of students who just want to play. The teams are unsupervised, unless something has drastically changed.

I do not love, hate, admire or loathe TL. I respect his achievement. I am sure he regrets his action, which occurred during the heat of the moment. He really should not have put himself in the position to embarrass himself like he did. If TL wanted to shove a 6'6", 240 lb. guy to the floor, I am fine with that. He should not have floored the little guy, though, although the little guy may have been obnoxious.

He should probably be suspended from intramural play for that action. No assault, though. I don't see how the school can just ignore this.

Trevor should ask for a basketball court instead of a kiddie slide. I’m sure he would get anything he wanted. What’s he doing playing with the general population anyway.

The guy should have turned and retreated after the first shove but no he challenged a 6'6" big guy when he got up to "screen" again. Don't do that and you find you @^#^ on the floor sliding. Most football players would have done the same thing. The guy singled out Lawrence because of who he was and got more than you bargained for end of saga.

Reactions: Jpcooper

Clemson fans can kiss our azz

Several years ago when Bowdown was coach a wr and punt returner beat up a kid. Then he went to the kid's dorm, waited for him to come out, then beat the crap outta him again. No suspension. No action taken. Can't think of his name but he walked close to the trouble line Maryjane, I think it was. Went on to play NFL Az, Cards. I think. One of clems finest too.

Several years ago when Bowdown was coach a wr and punt returner beat up a kid. Then he went to the kid's dorm, waited for him to come out, then beat the crap outta him again. No suspension. No action taken. Can't think of his name but he walked close to the trouble line Maryjane, I think it was. Went on to play NFL Az, Cards. I think. One of clems finest too.
Was it Bowden or West. I remember several incidents like that which came up when I was in Grad school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT