ADVERTISEMENT

True Impact of Lloyd Injury

Sep 11, 2005
If there was any doubt that Muschamp would be back for 2021 given all the oddities of the 2020 season, that doubt is now gone as we add another built-in excuse to the poor season we are about to experience. That is, if we even really have a season.

Reactions: 9P81cN7shGSt
If there was any doubt that Muschamp would be back for 2021 given all the oddities of the 2020 season, that doubt is now gone as we add another built-in excuse to the poor season we are about to experience. That is, if we even really have a season.
I don't see how it can be a built-in excuse when it happens all the time -- at two different programs. And COVID-19 and this schedule is also no excuse. Unlike the injuries, he's not the only coach that has to deal with it.

The only somewhat valid reason he'll be back next year is a lack of income this year. And even that shouldn't be an excuse. (Paging Joe Rice!)

Fenwick, Harris, Z White.

From the pictures I’ve seen, Fenwick looks like he really reshaped his body. Harris was a physical beast last year, now has a year in the program.

IMHO we might see some additional production from the FB who transferred in with Hill from CSU.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Next man up. It's a stretch to believe losing one back is doom. If that's the case throw in the rally towel now because as a team we must surely suck anyway.
I don't know about this year but last year we sure did.

Bingo. He needs at least 25 more years....... we must be patient. (chuckles furiously)

^^^^ EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS THIS DUMPSTER FIRE of a coach, financially or otherwise by giving to USC - is responsible for this. You're welcome. Carry on.

Bingo. He needs at least 25 more years....... we must be patient. (chuckles furiously)

^^^^ EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS THIS DUMPSTER FIRE of a coach, financially or otherwise by giving to USC - is responsible for this. You're welcome. Carry on.

We just received a commit from one of the top ranked 2022 QB’s in the nation, a Ga resident who picked us over UGA.

Part of the commit was due to his relationship to the Shaw family, part due to his relationship with the Bobo family, and a large part due to his belief in, and relationship with Muschamp.

Our talent level is increasing. The players seem to believe in him. A sizable chunk of the UF fan base believed they cut him loose too soon.

Respectfully, there are way too many people bitching and complaining about him when they have no earthly understanding what he’s had to do to fix the fiasco he inherited from Spurrier.

Reactions: 92Pony and USC1st
The bad thing is we could be better and still suffer with the schedule. It seems like we face the same situation every year.
Still no excuse, we still need to win no matter who’s on the schedule. This is year 5 so we should have enough depth to deal with injuries like this. Plus Lloyd is a freshman and we don’t know if he would’ve started, that wasn’t locked down.

We just received a commit from one of the top ranked 2022 QB’s in the nation, a Ga resident who picked us over UGA.

Part of the commit was due to his relationship to the Shaw family, part due to his relationship with the Bobo family, and a large part due to his belief in, and relationship with Muschamp.

Our talent level is increasing. The players seem to believe in him. A sizable chunk of the UF fan base believed they cut him loose too soon.

Respectfully, there are way too many people bitching and complaining about him when they have no earthly understanding what he’s had to do to fix the fiasco he inherited from Spurrier.
Have you paid attention to Muschamp’s career?
tenor.gif

"Everybody who supports this Coach is responsible..." , blah, blah. This past 2019, Alright I know that, we had an unacceptable 4-win outcome.
But I STILL don't understand (I'm in Athens Ga raised at Pawleys--and die-hard Gamecock .), why we gave one coach (SPURRIER) until he COMPLETED his SEVENTH year before he started to make any noise against the Georgias and to make any threat to win the eastern division. BUT
we are Hanging Muschamp in effigy.

Muschamp has not completed the 7 years that Spurrier had completed--but Spurrier FINALLY turned things around.
Spurrier did not inherit the THREE -win flop that Muschammp did and STILL it took Spurrier until the end of the SEVENTH year to do any thing noteworthy.
I love Spurrier and his effort, but he ALSO had some B A D L O S S E S. E.g., 52-17 to Auburn in that only SEC appearance in TWELVE Years.

And So, I agree with the other post today about the "bitching" etc. I would like to see some of you eat Horseradish when Muschamp makes things happen after the same SEVENTH year we o granted Steve Spurrier...... Side note: Yes,I was at that Uga vs Carolina game, 2019. I enjoyed picture-taking with lb Ernest Jones, coach T-Rob, etc. I told Mukuamu " They have to give you most valuable player.'" And I'm so glad he did get his national recognition for his 3 interceptions. I don't "sit " on our coach with a negative attitude. (I WANTED to use "sh" for "sit". )
Go 'cocks !

Last edited:
Agree. It's a stretch to believe losing one back is doom, much less a true freshman who hasn't set foot on the field yet.

True. If App St can come in here andshow us a team that was noticeably better , with much less talented recruits, we have no
excuse after this. Looking at the practice photos the other day it certainly looked as if our veterans haven’t been in the weight room. And if we lose to a first year Kiffen team it’s really gonna sting.

Reactions: Brace1 and Tmac069
Agree. It's a stretch to believe losing one back is doom, much less a true freshman who hasn't set foot on the field yet.

Not really. To say we have been a mixed bag at RB the past few years would be overly generous. Lloyd is the first, legit back we've had in years capable of taking the bulk of the snaps. Many had him projected as the Game 1 starter. He was just ready.

Without Lloyd, we are back to our RB by committee approach, and we all know how well THAT has worked out the past few years. We DESPERATELY needed some stability, consistency and production at RB this year.

The phrase "next man up" sounds great, but sometimes there is just nobody to be that man. Sure, we'll have a warm body to fill that spot, but that's not the same.

Looks like another lean year at that position.

Everyone keeps talking about the improvement in talent, but they overlook the obvious....Muschamp can’t coach nor develop talent. Who cares if we have a team of all 4 and 5 stars if we can’t win? In fact, I’d rather see a team of lower ranked players overachieve than higher ranked players underachieve.

Yeah, so now Will has more ammo when Ray is ready to give him the pink slip after the season. My 5 star rb got hurt before the season and we wont sign this 5 star qb if you fire me...blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, I wanna sign this qb but if Muschamp cant get us a decent amount of wins this year he needs to be gone and hopefully another coach can try to hold onto our commits. If course we already know Ray "believes" in Will.

Last edited:
Reactions: CockFamily6
"Everybody who supports this Coach is responsible..." , blah, blah. This past 2019, Alright I know that, we had an unacceptable 4-win outcome.
But I STILL don't understand (I'm in Athens Ga raised at Pawleys--and die-hard Gamecock .), why we gave one coach (SPURRIER) until he COMPLETED his SEVENTH year before he started to make any noise against the Georgias and to make any threat to win the eastern division. BUT

Muschamp has not completed the 7 years that Spurrier had completed--but Spurrier FINALLY turned things around.
Spurrier did not inherit the THREE -win flop that Muschammp did and STILL it took Spurrier until the end of the SEVENTH year to do any thing noteworthy.
I love Spurrier and his effort, but he ALSO had some B A D L O S S E S. E.g., 52-17 to Auburn in that only SEC appearance in TWELVE Years.

And So, I agree with the other post today about the "bitching" etc. I would like to see some of you eat Horseradish when Muschamp makes things happen after the same SEVENTH year we o granted Steve Spurrier...... Side note: Yes,I was at that Uga vs Carolina game, 2019. I enjoyed picture-taking with lb Ernest Jones, coach T-Rob, etc. I told Mukuamu " They have to give you most valuable player.'" And I'm so glad he did get his national recognition for his 3 interceptions. I don't "sit " on our coach with a negative attitude. (I WANTED to use "sh" for "sit". )
Go 'cocks !

Spurrier was a very successful head coach before he joined us.

That's probably true, but we will never really know if he would have made the difference in any games. It is all speculation. I'm not changing my win prediction. I still think we will win 2-4 games. We will know after the UT game if we've got anything.

I can't get excited enough about this season to even argue about Muschamp.

But I imagine that RT and the BOT feel like they dodged a bullet by keeping him another year rather than firing him, paying his contract, and hiring a new coach and staff in the year of "the pandemic."

Not really. To say we have been a mixed bag at RB the past few years would be overly generous. Lloyd is the first, legit back we've had in years capable of taking the bulk of the snaps. Many had him projected as the Game 1 starter. He was just ready.

Without Lloyd, we are back to our RB by committee approach, and we all know how well THAT has worked out the past few years. We DESPERATELY needed some stability, consistency and production at RB this year.

The phrase "next man up" sounds great, but sometimes there is just nobody to be that man. Sure, we'll have a warm body to fill that spot, but that's not the same.

A stretch! Have you forgotten so soon what we did with Lattimore. How he took control of Georgia and Florida singlehandedly? Won the East. A back like this changes a program as quick as a QB. You can’t be one dimensional. That’s how Hilinski got hurt . 57 passes against Bama. Back out throwing Sunday at 10:00. Bad breaks continue. Next man up . Right.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Still no excuse, we still need to win no matter who’s on the schedule. This is year 5 so we should have enough depth to deal with injuries like this. Plus Lloyd is a freshman and we don’t know if he would’ve started, that wasn’t locked down.
Can't disagree on that.

Reactions: Brace1
A stretch! Have you forgotten so soon what we did with Lattimore. How he took control of Georgia and Florida singlehandedly? Won the East. A back like this changes a program as quick as a QB. You can’t be one dimensional. That’s how Hilinski got hurt . 57 passes against Bama. Back out throwing Sunday at 10:00. Bad breaks continue. Next man up . Right.

I'm not sure I totally follow.

Your argument shows that we need a stud RB, which is what I was saying.

Without Lloyd, we don't have one. You can say "next man up" all you want, but that doesn't change the paucity of talent we have behind Lloyd.

Reactions: Expro19
I've never heard a single person associated with that school that wanted to keep him.
Being married to a UF grad I can confirm that your statement is true. Although they will admit that his last year was just brutal and not his fault. UF had 11 starters go down to injury...sounds familiar doesn't it. Never seen so much bad luck follow a coach.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Being married to a UF grad I can confirm that your statement is true. Although they will admit that his last year was just brutal and not his fault. UF had 11 starters go down to injury...sounds familiar doesn't it. Never seen so much bad luck follow a coach.
I've asked it before. But when the same problems keep happening to a coach, doesn't it cease to be mere bad luck?

Does CM need an excuse to lose .. Didn't like the hire when it happened and still don't.
well that goes for pretty much every last one of the negative nellies on here, ignore completely what is slowly but surely getting better, to focus on an injury or lack of winning because we had no depth whatsoever when he arrived.. now, we have a full roster for the first time,which was no fault of his own. actually it was spurriers. now we have started getting 5 stars to go with that depth and we have a 5 star qb coming in, and i think things are definitely looking up. it would be asinine to pull the plug at this point no matter how much you hate Trump, i mean muschamp, especially considering he might get replaced with a Biden

Reactions: Expro19
Lloyd was the starter and it wasn't close..... He is an elite back

Reactions: DougNeidermeyer

ZW is a very very good back. He was the #1 Juco back. Lloyd was elite and special but ZW ain't no chump.

Reactions: Tmac069
Lloyd was the starter and it wasn't close..... He is an elite back
Elite at the High School level yes. But we have no idea if that was gonna translate to the SEC. I saw a few of his games against the better defenses in High School and I wasn’t impressed. Now he probably would’ve started over the group we have now, but he was gonna have to work to secure that spot. He’s no Marcus Lattimore or Mike Davis and if he’s that much better than our other backs we’re in trouble for real!

We had backs here who said David Williams was elite, how did that turn out? We also had backs say the same thing about Jarvis Giles. Get real man what do you think they gonna say? He has a long way to go? Heck no, they’re gonna build him up hoping he can help us get better recruits!

Last edited:

Go 'cocks !

Glad you brought up Spurrier... here is his record at SC going 86-49 (64% win)

2005 7-5
2006 8-5
2007 6-6
2008 7-6
2009 7-6
2010 9-5
2011 11-2
2012 11-2
2013 11-2
2014 7-6
2015 2-4

Spurrier was a PROVEN Head Coach. Who took over a bad program from Holtz. Yet he never finished with a losing record (minus the 2015 season). He also had us beating Fla, Ga, Tennessee, etc. consistently and especially Clemson!

What has Muschamp done so far to garner your blind following? Minus the Georgia game last year, who has he really beaten? He is 2-13 against ranked teams. He is 26-25 overall and 15-17 in the conference at SC.... tell me how that looks promising? He is on the same path that he was at Florida!

Do we have talent on this team? Of course! Do we have some great recruits coming in? Absolutely... but this year we are predicted by vegas to finish 3-7 to 4-6.... please tell me how that would be progress after 5 years?? But next year will be better right...

well that goes for pretty much every last one of the negative nellies on here, ignore completely what is slowly but surely getting better, to focus on an injury or lack of winning because we had no depth whatsoever when he arrived.. now, we have a full roster for the first time,which was no fault of his own. actually it was spurriers. now we have started getting 5 stars to go with that depth and we have a 5 star qb coming in, and i think things are definitely looking up. it would be asinine to pull the plug at this point no matter how much you hate Trump, i mean muschamp, especially considering he might get replaced with a Biden

Respectfully, we don't know how the season is going to play out, but if we based it solely on vegas with 3.5 wins... how to do you say is slowly getting better? 3-7 or 4-6 is exactly where we were last year... and the schedule isn't going to get easier next year or the year after that... we are going to have the same teams in the SEC each year... as I stated above Muschamp is 15-17 in the SEC and 26-25 overall here at SC, he's gotten worse each year... Even with the dumpster fire that was left by Holtz, Spurrier never once got close to a 4-8 year. You shouldn't be losing to App St. in year 4, regardless of how good ASU was last year. You have SEC talent. People can blame it all on the offense, but Tennessee game last year showed the same trajectory Muschamp has Carolina on much like his time in Florida.

Glad you brought up Spurrier... here is his record at SC going 86-49 (64% win)

2005 7-5
2006 8-5
2007 6-6
2008 7-6
2009 7-6
2010 9-5
2011 11-2
2012 11-2
2013 11-2
2014 7-6
2015 2-4

Spurrier was a PROVEN Head Coach. Who took over a bad program from Holtz. Yet he never finished with a losing record (minus the 2015 season). He also had us beating Fla, Ga, Tennessee, etc. consistently and especially Clemson!

What has Muschamp done so far to garner your blind following? Minus the Georgia game last year, who has he really beaten? He is 2-13 against ranked teams. He is 26-25 overall and 15-17 in the conference at SC.... tell me how that looks promising? He is on the same path that he was at Florida!

Do we have talent on this team? Of course! Do we have some great recruits coming in? Absolutely... but this year we are predicted by vegas to finish 3-7 to 4-6.... please tell me how that would be progress after 5 years?? But next year will be better right...
I think the talent is getting better...but then when you keep having bad injuries that doesn't help much. Spurrier was 35-28 after year 5 but then turned it on and proceeded to go 42-8 over the next 4 years. I think this year is a wash regardless of what happens...and I'm not sold on this season actually playing out. Mushamps must year is next year whether we like it or not. It may be a financial situation as well. The school isn't going to pay off his 18 million buyout this year after losing millions on athletics this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT