ADVERTISEMENT

U of SC: Worse Than The Script Lids

It’s funny when you look up Dr. Pastides on Google, and click on “more people” under the heading you get this. Love Boom and Frank’s expression(s). Looks like the partial cast from a sitcom of America’s craziest most dysfunctional family.

https://g.co/kgs/cLyQCb

Indiana's flagship university is Indiana University. Although I know many would hate to do it, I think we would be well served from the identity standpoint to become SCU - South Carolina University, or alternatively, The SCU.
In regards to "Re-Branding", that would be the most "positive option" as far as producing a brand design that achieves the elimination of any confusion No Doubt!!

Case in point: WVU

I rest my point right there. =;-p

Reactions: king ward
$25k is still about $24,995 more than it should’ve been. Regardless, of what the actual cost was...they paid $238k to come up with that crap. That’s the cost. I’d hate to see the ones that didn’t make the cut. Literally must have been USC written in pencil.
I would LOVE to see the itemized invoice on how they spent that 250k.

From what I've read that logo will not be used on anything related to athletics.

Thank goodness!

I would LOVE to see the itemized invoice on how they spent that 250k.

My guess:

Outside marketing firm - $48,000
6 new marketing dept employees - 6mo contracts ea - $180,000 ($30k x 6)
6 new iMacs (for above employees) - $10,000

And I'm not sure whether i'm completely joking or completely serious.

You might think it’s 230k too much but at least the school got something in return for the money. Compared to what they spend on the AD and Football coach this is probably a much better return on investment.

Maybe Ray Tanner sat in on this and it was:

$25k
$200k

And $13k in bonuses before the work was completed?
???? Since it's not to be used in the athletic department, why would you think Tanner had any input into it?

Just another reason to bash Tanner?

As a longtime ad agency owner and digital director/producer, I am very upset that our university fell for and actually paid for this drek. Ray Tanner, this is on YOU. You and your marketing department have no clue.

As a longtime ad agency owner and digital director/producer, I am very upset that our university fell for and actually paid for this drek. Ray Tanner, this is on YOU. You and your marketing department have no clue.
Evidently, it wasn't done for the athletic department. Wrong scapegoat, if true.

There seems to be a concerted effort to "update" logos across the board, so the driving force could be at a higher level than the AD. Of course I'm just speculating like many others here.
https://www.wyff4.com/article/university-of-south-carolina-unveils-new-logos/25845499

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) —

The logos for the University of South Carolina are getting a slightly new look.

University officials unveiled a new family of logos on social media on Wednesday.

According to the university, the formal logo was “slightly updated” while the marketing and monogram logos are new.

Officials have confirmed there won’t be any changes to the athletics logo.

Just before football season, the athletics department unveiled its vintage script logo that was previously used in the 1980s.

Reactions: bayrooster
You have every right to be upset, but this had nothing to do with our AD and the athletic department.

That has got to be fake news. Surely we don't employ the imbicilic morons that came up with that BS

Been doing it for decades. You really want me to list all the incompetent employees we’ve hired over the last 20 years?

We certainly deserve to know WHO. Someone should put their face with this logo.....
It was no experiment, though. J.C. Huggins, an alumnus himself and director of brand strategy for the university, said the new academic logo is part of a broader “brand refresh” that will be rolled out later in the year.
There's plenty of info on the project and comments in other media outlets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
It was no experiment, though. J.C. Huggins, an alumnus himself and director of brand strategy for the university, said the new academic logo is part of a broader “brand refresh” that will be rolled out later in the year.
Rut Roh.
new-coke-ad-better-than-ever-244-326-ec70dd30.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT