ADVERTISEMENT

UCF loses 10 players

Alive and healthy, correct, with years left to play football after this pandemic is under control

giphy.gif

Let’s see, should I opt out of banging my still developing brain against some of the strongest fastest young men on the planet so I don’t get dementia at 50?

Or should I opt out to avoid a virus that has very little chance of harming me and I likely would encounter at college regardless?

Surely one of those scenarios is worse. I just can’t put my finger on it.

Alive and healthy, correct, with years left to play football after this pandemic is under control
It will never be under control. If not Covid it will be something else.? The government now knows how to control society. College football is forever dead.

Reactions: mikeypen
How many under age 24 like college football players are? And only 6% of that overall number without co-morbidities that presumably tip-top healthy college football players don't have?

This !!
A thousand times.
NINETY FOUR percent of deaths related to COVID had two or more comorbities.
Combine that with the CDC's estimate there's 20 times the asymptomatic cases as symptomatic ones, and the survivability rate for people with one or no comorbidities is 99.991%

How many under age 24 like college football players are? And only 6% of that overall number without co-morbidities that presumably tip-top healthy college football players don't have?

This !!
A thousand times.
Combine that with the CDC's estimate there's 20 times the asymptomatic cases as symptomatic ones, and the survivability rate for people with one or no comorbidities is 99.991%.
That's more than ten times better than influenza.

And now UGA's projected starting QB opted out and will prepare for the 2021 draft.
This !!
A thousand times.
Combine that with the CDC's estimate there's 20 times the asymptomatic cases as symptomatic ones, and the survivability rate for people with one or no comorbidities is 99.991%.
That's more than ten times better than influenza.

Well good luck finding those individuals. I can honestly state that I don't know of one individual who doesn't' have any pre existing conditions whether it be asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, heart disease etc.

And now UGA's projected starting QB opted out and will prepare for the 2021 draft.

Well good luck finding those individuals. I can honestly state that I don't know of one individual who doesn't' have any pre existing conditions whether it be asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, heart disease etc.

So lets all hide forever and we will never die from anything. Thats a sad existence

Bunch of wussies players.... Some folks in their 80's can go around without masks and they are doing just fine...

Hell, I hope more players at LSU, FLA, Ole Miss, TN, TAM, AU, KY, UGA, and Mizzou opt out this season... Save their bodies for the NFL...

Reactions: Cybercock

My condolences on life in a retirement home
😁😁😁

Hear Caslen talk today and he gave a great update on the University's approach to Covid. Nice to hear somebody who is trying to lead and manage the problem without immediately laying down. I was impressed by the guy's smarts and direct approach.

Reactions: Brace1
170,000 dead Americans disagree.
99.96%....... the statistics are in my favor. Not very "deadly". Under 50...99.99999999 recovery. Players have 0.0000000000001% reason to be afraid.

You don't know ANYONE who is healthy? Man, that sucks

Reactions: hillstosea

Really? Either you need to get to know more people or get out of the nursing home more often 😀. When I was in my late teens and early 20s, I knew very few people with Comorbidities. Even in my fifties, while I certainly know more that do, I know many people that don’t - especially the younger folks.

13,000 people with AIDS die each year in the US.
But they don't die OF AIDS. AIDS just destroys the immune system to the point that the victims die of something like the common cold. Much like COVID-19, where it does so much damage to the heart or lungs that it causes death by other means.

But they don't die OF AIDS. AIDS just destroys the immune system to the point that the victims die of something like the common cold. Much like COVID-19, where it does so much damage to the heart or lungs that it causes death by other means.

and the country didnt get shutdown for it

Reactions: TAV31 and Brace1
13,000 people with AIDS die each year in the US.

Yes, “with AIDS” but they don’t die of AIDS. They die of AIDS-related diseases. AIDS destroys the immune system, but they die of other diseases that take advantage of no immune system (non-Hodgkins lymphoma, hepatitis, cardiovascular disease, etc). However, but for AIDS, those people would not be dead. And there’s no one out there arguing that they didn’t die because of AIDS.

Much like the 180,000 dead in our recent pandemic, but for Covid, they would not have died on the day they did. They may have had a stroke, caused by clots from Covid, but they didn’t die because a stroke. They died because they caught Covid and it caused a stroke. If the 180,000 had not gotten Covid, they wouldn’t be dead. Put your memes away.

Sorry, I repeated you.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT