ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN is the most dominant basketball team ever.

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
Regardless of gender, UCONN WBB is the best team I’ve ever seen or heard of. Sucks we get stuck playing them.

Reactions: Judson1
Clemron & Virginia never played each other in football until after UVA joined the ACC. First meeting was in 1955. Cavs beat the Taters for the first time in 1990. Frank Howard would refer to Virginia as "white meat."

Are we UCONN's white meat?

Clemron & Virginia never played each other in football until after UVA joined the ACC. First meeting was in 1955. Cavs beat the Taters for the first time in 1990. Frank Howard would refer to Virginia as "white meat."

Are we UCONN's white meat?
I think everyone they play is their white meat. We don't hold that distinction alone.

They are awesome but it's also a matchup issue...Their style of play is an especially difficult for us. We could probably play them 10 straight and not come within 20 points. Notre Dame and Miss State should both give them a good game. Yet we could hang well with both of those teams.

I _think_ the OP meant that they are the best ever relative to their competition.

They are certainly one of the best. I think the 1992 Olympic dream team holds the distinction as being the greatest team ever assembled in any sport at any time. The Soviet hockey team from 1960 to 1980 is probably the greatest dynasty in sports, but this women's UConn team for the last decade or so is a close 2nd.

Yeah that’s what I meant.

They are awesome but it's also a matchup issue...Their style of play is an especially difficult for us. We could probably play them 10 straight and not come within 20 points. Notre Dame and Miss State should both give them a good game. Yet we could hang well with both of those teams.
That's an excuse that will work great for as long as Geno is at UCONN. Good thing no one else has a style of play we can't handle.

BTW what does Alcindor/Abdul-Jabbar have to do with the SEC?

In other words, the best high school player EVER was not offered by Kentucky and a lot of other schools. In fact, Alcindor chose UCLA because of Jackie Robinson and its history of black athletes. Definitely a different time.

That's the truth. I just saw a highlight of one of their top recruits, Olivia Nelson-Ododa, with basically a tomahawk jam. The rich are getting richer.

Jesus said it best, "Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them".

The frustrating thing to me is that, not only have we not closed the gap on them since we became a tournament team, but we will not be as good as we have been for the foreseeable future. We are in the group of pretenders, and are not even necessarily the best among those.

Next season we will have the type of team that can run with them; that might be the trick for us, though not for most teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT