ADVERTISEMENT

UF fluke catch late in the third quarter on third down

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
Center snaps it over Franks head and they make the fluke catch on third down. This helped them late in the third to extend what would be a scoring drive cutting lead to 10. I had a bad thought in my head that we would lose after they made that catch. All downhill for us after that catch. They gained momentum and we could not stop them. We were still on own worst enemy by going conservative on offense.

If he doesn’t blow that early I honestly believe we win. But we didn’t deserve to

Wonnum has to make sure Franks is tackled there and the game is over. Fenton has a pass thrown right to him a couple of plays before this but didn’t even get a finger on the ball.

At some point guys have to make the play. Our defense isn’t doing it.

Reactions: Cybercock
The one that kills me is when we stripped Franks of the ball in the first half. 2 guys right there and Wonnum was basically blocked by our own guy and couldn't jump on the ball. I'd swear the 2nd guy was starting to celebrate the play while it was still a live ball.

Shannon
USC '88

Reactions: jeff2001
The one that kills me is when we stripped Franks of the ball in the first half. 2 guys right there and Wonnum was basically blocked by our own guy and couldn't jump on the ball. I'd swear the 2nd guy was starting to celebrate the play while it was still a live ball.

Shannon
USC '88
It was as if both guys were letting the other guy pick it up. And that BS tipped pass they caught and we stripped....

Shannon
USC '88
We scored after they punted a few plays later. So that one didn't matter

Reactions: vacock#
Look every game, especially if it's close someone will point to one particular play and then do the "If only".
No matter what, every game has the one play that didn't go your way. What matters is how you overcome the adversity. We couldn't stop their running game when we needed it the most.
It sucks, but we didn't make the "have to" play.
Always blaming the refs or the bad call is a losers mentality.

Last edited:
Yeah they fumbled on that play but official blew it dead early.
No, they didn't blow it dead early. Horn stripped the ball before the whistle was blown. I watched it on replay and recorded it. Watch it for yourself and go to the 1 hour and 41 minute mark and then watch the play. The refs blew it all right, because they didn't review the play. And Muschamp blew it because he did not challenge it.

Mr cocky you are exactly right....terrible call...the guy was not even on the ground yet heck they must have blew whistle soon as he caught it

Reactions: legalsizecock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT