ADVERTISEMENT

UK player calls for name change for Rupp Arena...but doesn’t know why.

DarnSteph

Jun 8, 2020
In his own words: “Being honest, I haven't educated myself well enough on Adolph Rupp or just the whole situation at hand to really give you my thoughts on it. From what I do know, I would like to see a name change just basically because of what his name is and what that's connected to and what that kind of represents. I would like to see a name change."

So to sum up: he thinks the name should be changed but he’s got no idea why.

At least he was honest enough to admit he’s uneducated on the subject.

I’m sorry, but it’s time for some of these schools to tell these kids if they don’t like the names they can pack their s*** up and leave. This is a perfect example of why you can’t let this cancel culture ball bulls*** start rolling. If you give in once it’ll never be enough. They’re like spoiled children who want more and more.

2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1988, 1987, 1986, 1985, 1984, 1983, 1982, 1981, 1980, 1979, 1978, 1977, 1976, every year, since this arena opened, no call for a name change.

2020–NOW it’s name change time. Okay...

In his own words: “Being honest, I haven't educated myself well enough on Adolph Rupp or just the whole situation at hand to really give you my thoughts on it. From what I do know, I would like to see a name change just basically because of what his name is and what that's connected to and what that kind of represents. I would like to see a name change."

Did he not know the name of the arena when he accepted the scholarship?

Reactions: Zann77
I’m sorry, but it’s time for some of these schools to tell these kids if they don’t like the names they can pack their s*** up and leave. This is a perfect example of why you can’t let this cancel culture ball bulls*** start rolling. If you give in once it’ll never be enough. They’re like spoiled children who want more and more.

There used to be a time when grownups would just roll their eyes when college kids would go on a rant about all their knowledge. You’d just roll your eyes and pat them on the back, knowing that they really didn’t know anything and that you went through the same development when you were younger. Kind of like the kid who comes at Thanksgiving in his first semester and wants to debate geopolitical or social issues.

Now, however, college presidents treat these neophytes as intellectual equals.

Whatever happened to just saying “you’re 20. You don’t know anything yet.”?

Just as with Covid, it is past time for folks to put on their big boy pants on. And per usual, education administrators, are at the front of the panty waist train. Cowering at any uprising to keep their cushy jobs and avoid blame for any decision. I'd tell these unhappy kids, who 95% of them couldn't sniff admittance to a major university if they couldn't carry or shoot a ball, who live like kings compared to the average college student with food service the normal student can only dream of. Advisors and tutors that would cost thousands at their beck and call to hold their hand to graduation, or to keep them eligible. Not to mention living in the nicest digs on every campus in the country. Money in their pocket from thei stipend. Somebody needs to tell these clowns that they are more than free to leave anytime they want to if they don't care fot their surroundings.

Reactions: Zann77 and gcobob
It's the name Adolph that people are bothered by. So now, you only need to share part of your name with a bad person to warrant a desire for erasure.

All you "Nathan","Forrest", "Lee" named folks should watch out.

My dad’s middle name was Thomas. I hear Thomas Clemson owned slaves. I guess that means my dad was a racist (but showed no signs of such while he was alive). I am so thankful to be enlightened by people like that player. This is our education system at its finest

Last edited:
No different than the pro players spouting off about the happenings in Ferguson that were proven to be untrue. Please if you are going to send a message, make it credible. Bad info., takes away from your cause!!!!

Same as their stance.They want change but don’t know how to get there.Well maybe those yelling so loudly should come up with an idea instead of complaining that they want change.Demonstrating boycotting kneeling are all well and good but where is that going to get you ?
Maybe those that are complaining the loudest out to actually come up with something that makes since instead of depending on those they feel aren’t doing enough in the first place to fix it for them ?
Maybe rioting in the streets or martering individuals who don’t necessarily live the type of life they are represented to have lived is the answer ?
Black lives matter yes ! All lives matter even the ones that have been killed for no reason.Policemen that risk their lives matter.They have families too !
In my opinion the way we are trying to combat the problem is just going to make it worse.
When people can’t say in public who they may vote for to be only ridiculed is sad.When our citizens don’t feel safe and nobody wants to be in law enforcement is sad.
In my opinion the only way to create change is truly have an open mind no matter what side your on.Unless those screaming the loudest can recognize that we are all at fault then this is just a waste of time. There is enough blame on each side of this issue.To be effective I think both sides need to be held responsible and look at things from all perceptives.
Maybe a committee represented by both sides of the aisle? As uncomfortable as it may be the only way to make progress is be open to listen to both sides of the issue and then make changes on both sides to find common ground to start meaningful dialogue resulting in things actually changing.
Hey I don’t know the answer but I do know this isn’t working !!

Same as their stance.They want change but don’t know how to get there.Well maybe those yelling so loudly should come up with an idea instead of complaining that they want change.Demonstrating boycotting kneeling are all well and good but where is that going to get you ?
Maybe those that are complaining the loudest out to actually come up with something that makes since instead of depending on those they feel aren’t doing enough in the first place to fix it for them ?
Maybe rioting in the streets or martering individuals who don’t necessarily live the type of life they are represented to have lived is the answer ?
Black lives matter yes ! All lives matter even the ones that have been killed for no reason.Policemen that risk their lives matter.They have families too !
In my opinion the way we are trying to combat the problem is just going to make it worse.
When people can’t say in public who they may vote for to be only ridiculed is sad.When our citizens don’t feel safe and nobody wants to be in law enforcement is sad.
In my opinion the only way to create change is truly have an open mind no matter what side your on.Unless those screaming the loudest can recognize that we are all at fault then this is just a waste of time. There is enough blame on each side of this issue.To be effective I think both sides need to be held responsible and look at things from all perceptives.
Maybe a committee represented by both sides of the aisle? As uncomfortable as it may be the only way to make progress is be open to listen to both sides of the issue and then make changes on both sides to find common ground to start meaningful dialogue resulting in things actually changing.
Hey I don’t know the answer but I do know this isn’t working !!
Well thought out and written post!

They are changing the flag at Mississippi, trying to change the name of the Thurmond center at SC....so I think we need to change something up here....ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!! Damn

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT