ADVERTISEMENT

Uniform question

ForeUSC

Feb 16, 2004
We played NC in Charlotte and were the home team. Correct.?
Our jerseys were the Garnet jerseys with “Gamecocks” on the front.
NC was the visiting team and wore their blue jersey with “Carolina” on the front.
Tonight we are home team and have our pin stripe jerseys with “Carolina” on the front.
Did we agree to let NC use the “Carolina” jersey instead of us? If so who agreed to that?

Last edited:
I doubt there was anything to it. Carolina usually doesn't wear the garnet pinstripes during the week. The garnet jersey says "Gamecocks". They don't think like fans.

I think they should have made an exception in this case.
Somebody decided to wear the Garnet home jersey rather than the pinstripes
Considering the long time “dispute” of who is “Carolina” it seemed to be a factor in the uniform. I was just wondering.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
We don't bend and scrape to North Carolina. We can display Carolina anytime we choose, just as much as they can. But it does remind me of what my father used to say. I was raised in Virginia, and my dad was a UNC alumnus. When I decided to attend South Carolina, my dad said "Son, there's only one Carolina and South Carolina ain't it." It was sort of a half-joke, but we had some fun with a family rivalry. And he didn't think much of Clemson either, thought they were a bunch of illiterate inbreds who couldn't understand the sport of basketball.

We don't bend and scrape to North Carolina. We can display Carolina anytime we choose, just as much as they can. But it does remind me of what my father used to say. I was raised in Virginia, and my dad was a UNC alumnus. When I decided to attend South Carolina, my dad said "Son, there's only one Carolina and South Carolina ain't it." It was sort of a half-joke, but we had some fun with a family rivalry. And he didn't think much of Clemson either, thought they were a bunch of illiterate inbreds who couldn't understand the sport of basketball.
So we chose not to display Carolina in Charlotte and chose Gamecocks instead. Wonder why? Surely somebody on our side thought of the “Carolina” dispute. Oh well, no big deal, right?

The big deal was losing to them, not what was written on the jerseys.
This! I don’t care what we wear, that our coaches that are unc alumni, that we play in their state or who gets called Carolina by who, just win the freaking came and all that other stuff takes care of itself!

This! I don’t care what we wear, that our coaches that are unc alumni, that we play in their state or who gets called Carolina by who, just win the freaking came and all that other stuff takes care of itself!
Well it has made a lot of difference to many on both sides for years.

Fashion!!!
I think you missed the whole point, I don’t care if we wore 1940 uniforms...as long as we had garnet or black “Carolina” on the front. I’m 77 years old and I’ve been rooting for my “Carolina” since I was 6 years old.
By fashion, I mean the uniform. Baseball, football or whatever, there is always so much interest in color combinations, scripts and logo’s. Play quality ball and don’t worry about the uniform.

We played NC in Charlotte and were the home team. Correct.?
Our jerseys were the Garnet jerseys with “Gamecocks” on the front.
NC was the visiting team and wore their blue jersey with “Carolina” on the front.
Tonight we are home team and have our pin stripe jerseys with “Carolina” on the front.
Did we agree to let NC use the “Carolina” jersey instead of us? If so who agreed to that?

Just like some have been saying on here recently, with our athletic department there are so many little things they cant get right.

I thought the same thing watching the game. Considering the history, its a no-brainer to wear "Carolina" jerseys. UNC knew better.

Reactions: heavycock
Just like some have been saying on here recently, with our athletic department there are so many little things they cant get right.

I thought the same thing watching the game. Considering the history, its a no-brainer to wear "Carolina" jerseys. UNC knew better.
Exactly my point. Whether it’s true or not we seemed to have caved on the uniform question. And UNC out “Caroline’d” us!

Exactly my point. Whether it’s true or not we seemed to have caved on the uniform question. And UNC out “Caroline’d” us!

I agree. I remember when we played them in football at Chapel Hill in 2007 we were ranked #7 and won 21-15. We took a huge crowd to the game and the athletic department sold "We Are Carolina" t-shirts for the game and even put up billboards saying the same thing along the highway from Columbia to Chapel Hill. I thought at the time that was awesome and the kind of boldness I like to see from us. But, the AD was under different leadership then.

Family has a cabin in NC. Everytime GPS says welcome to nc the response is a big ole **** off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT