ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
Says he does not expect to coach past 2019. Ohio State is going to name Ryan Day the Head Coach in Waiting. Wonder if this is like Jim Boheim at Syracuse. I recall him basically announcing his future retirement 2 seasons in the future or something like that only to stick around past it. Felt it was to soften the blow with the allegations Syracuse faced at the time similar to the Sandusky stuff. I find it hard to believe that OSU will just promote an assistant to that job.

These headaches are probably stress related and it’s obvious why he had so many health issues down in Gainesville now that we know the character of those teams.

Says he does not expect to coach past 2019. Ohio State is going to name Ryan Day the Head Coach in Waiting. Wonder if this is like Jim Boheim at Syracuse. I recall him basically announcing his future retirement 2 seasons in the future or something like that only to stick around past it. Felt it was to soften the blow with the allegations Syracuse faced at the time similar to the Sandusky stuff. I find it hard to believe that OSU will just promote an assistant to that job.

These headaches are probably stress related and it’s obvious why he had so many health issues down in Gainesville now that we know the character of those teams.

He's likely all about the booth. He'll have an upper echelon position waiting on him at one of the networks.

The pay and endorsements probably won't get quite to where he is at OSU. But he doesn't need max $$, and as you mentioned, if you put a price on stress it's a better job by leaps and bounds.

Interesting. Day doesn't surprise me though. His coaching opportunities are about to expand greatly....he's a good coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT