ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer.......

I once thought he was the best coach in the game but honestly I think he either has a serious case of ADD or something going on that requires more attention than his job.

The conversation should go something like this: “Urban, this is Ray. The job is yours if you want it. Let me know what it would take to have this conversation. Take a couple weeks to think it over and get back to me.”

how do you feel about Napier? I kind of like the idea of Fickell. Hate the Freeze idea...
I like Napier. He evidently was very high on Mississippi State's list (at least per their fan site and their insiders). Just have always liked Fickell and the way he coaches. But either I believe would be successful.

Reactions: robertfootball
you ever see the dorky guy with the hot girl? The worst that can come from asking is being told “no.”
My brother was definitely never the dorky guy, but he took our dad's advice MANY years ago when he was in high school and liked a girl. Dad said, "Well ask her out. The worst she can say is no." The next day my brother came home and said in a loud tone, "Thanks Dad! At least before I could imagine she would say yes!"

Urban wouldn’t talk to us for less than $10 million a year. Not kidding.

Urban is the only name out there that makes you feel like we would see an almost instant turnaround and instant MAJOR recruiting uptick... I don’t think it is likely but if we got Holtz, Spurrier and Urban to come here WOW! Maybe we need SOS to give him a call and talk about how relaxing it is to live/ retire here and play golf all the time. That was part of the pitch that helped bring him in after all...

Reactions: 1992Gamecock
What are the thoughts about him? I would take a number 2 pencil and gouge out everyone's eyes on this board to get him.

He left Florida because he couldn't beat Saban. Saban is still at Bama. UM will be at Texas, SoCal or some other bigger named program. It's not even worth the high profile turn-down with a little snicker at the end of it...basically he'd throw us under the bus in turning us down.

He left Florida because he couldn't beat Saban. Saban is still at Bama. UM will be at Texas, SoCal or some other bigger named program. It's not even worth the high profile turn-down with a little snicker at the end of it...basically he'd throw us under the bus in turning us down.

He was 1 - 2 against Saban in the SEC, and 2 -2 overall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT