ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today bowl projection...have we fallen that far as a program?

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
They have us as an at large bid to the New Mexico Bowl on Dec 19 against Middle Tenn St. to open bowl season. Granted we may need to be happy making a bowl but that is really bad. Have we really fallen that far?

5-7 teams don't go to bowls and New Mexico bowl is a joke, just stay at home if we can't do any better then that.

They have us as an at large bid to the New Mexico Bowl on Dec 19 against Middle Tenn St. to open bowl season. Granted we may need to be happy making a bowl but that is really bad. Have we really fallen that far?

We haven't even played the 3rd game of the season. Get off the ledge. Clemson is still national champions during week 3, at least until they beat themselves tonight.

Based on our first 2 weeks and having the #2 hardest schedule in the nation, that may be the sad reality of where USC truly is. (However, anything can happen and we may see a fire in the belly of our Gamecocks and run the table.)

In a word, Yes.

Football, men's baseball, men's basketball. Currently, your school is mediocre or worse in all 3 of those. Your athletic jewels are women's sports; basketball and horse riding. Just embarrassing
Men's basketball is on the rise, has been every year since we hired frank Martin, football is a year and three games removed from our best years ever, and baseball we have declined a great deal from our back to back national championships that we won in 2010 and 2011 but I wouldn't go calling us mediocre or worse. And yeah we do have women programs that actually draw revenue to our school instead of cost us money to operate like a lot of other schools. I don't exactly see the point of you posting your comment other than being a troll attempting to get a rise out of the Carolina fan base. But none the less you are entitled to an opinion.

Football, men's baseball, men's basketball. Currently, your school is mediocre or worse in all 3 of those. Your athletic jewels are women's sports; basketball and horse riding. Just embarrassing

But we are fans of our beloved Gamecocks no matter what, and the majority of our fan base does not let their whole life's value and existence ride on how 18-20 year old kids perform on an athletic field. It has been my experience that the vast majority of clem fans base the value of their life around the accomplishments of kids on the field they don't even know. Pretty sad and empty.

Reactions: Pruittmatt44
But we are fans of our beloved Gamecocks no matter what, and the majority of our fan base does not let their whole life's value and existence ride on how 18-20 year old kids perform on an athletic field. It has been my experience that the vast majority of clem fans base the value of their life around the accomplishments of kids on the field they don't even know. Pretty sad and empty.
Unfortunately, it seems like the majority of the members of this board do.

I don't value any facet of my life to my teams performance. However, it surely does enhance my life when my team doesn't lose to a sorry ass team like Kentucky. Like I said, South Carolina is not good at important sports.

Reactions: kingcat7
Unfortunately, it seems like the majority of the members of this board do.

I grant you that the most passionate fans are usually on sports forums. And there are some USC fans who let college football take a larger role in their life than they should. However (and just to reiterate this has been my personal experience) I find many more clem fans struggle with the proper place college football plays in their life. It truly seems that there are far more clem fans see their life as having no value when their team loses. I want our Gamecocks to win, but I will not lose sleep if they lose.

A lot of money is spent on football Saturdays so a good product should be expected and when it's not delivered then everyone has there right to make comments. We have slipped below Kentucky and even with Vandy.

I don't value any facet of my life to my teams performance. However, it surely does enhance my life when my team doesn't lose to a sorry ass team like Kentucky. Like I said, South Carolina is not good at important sports.

Any clem fan taking time from their life and spewing hatred for Carolina on a Gamecock board is not only obsessed with the Gamecocks, he struggles with bitterness in other areas of his life as well. Life is too short to hate like you do, my friend.

Reactions: BigTomE
You must have been under a rock the last 6 years. Yes the football team is not that great. But our programs this decade has been 1 of the tops in the SEC.

Says the person taking time out of his life to spew hatred on a rival fan site. Promise to come back tomorrow if Clemson's craps the bed @Louisville tonight?

Damn! I'm flattered that they have us in a bowl game at all.

Let's assume that we do make it to 6-6...why would you NOT want to go to a bowl? A few more weeks of practice and one more game for the young guys can't hurt...or am I in the minority here?
Exactly. Either people forget about the extra practice, of are just dimwits...

Reactions: RobbieMacc
Guess you don't remember the Music City Bowl in Nashville. Let me refresh your memory. Kentucky 28 and Clemson 20.

Yeah, sure, just like the extra practice last year helped us this year and the year before that.

Reactions: TigerinLA
Not sure if you heard, but we won back to back CWS in 2010 and 2011. I'd say that's within the past 5 years. When did klempsun win the CWS????

Kentucky 8 klempsun 5
South Carolina 17 Kentucky 9

Looks like your life wasn't enhanced 8 times.

Yup. And after this year you lose an abnormally large number of starters. "Wait 'til Next Year" is taking on a whole new meaning!

i believe a bowl game is more for the players and not the fans....although i think that bowl game sucks out loud, if the players wanna go bowling, then let em....ill watch it on tv and still pull for em

I don't need to worry about my team, but I'm very worried about yours . . . and amused.
One of those bandwagon fans that has never attended clemsux in any way. Your team ??? Only because you say.."That's my team"...lol....It's like saying.."That's my girlfriend" when she doesn't even know who the Hell you are...lol..but have your fantasy fun....your team...hahahahaha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT