ADVERTISEMENT

USC Board // Urban Meyer

THMoore100

Jun 1, 2018
Florence, SC
A member of the board called Urbans agent on Wednesday, no word on what was said, only that they were “optimistic.” Maybe they were optimistic enough to let Will go?? All I can say is this guy is the son of one of the richest men in my hometown. The guy that talked the board member into calling is also, very well off an huge booster for SC, I’ve actually gone to a lot of home and away games with his sons. I just wanted to share this, so please spare me with all the negative stuff, it excited me an I wanted to pass it along. It doesn’t mean it’s happening, but at least we’re swinging for the fences

A member of the board called Urbans agent on Wednesday, no word on what was said, only that they were “optimistic.” Maybe they were optimistic enough to let Will go?? All I can say is this guy is the son of one of the richest men in my hometown. The guy that talked the board member into calling is also, very well off an huge booster for SC, I’ve actually gone to a lot of home and away games with his sons. I just wanted to share this, so please spare me with all the negative stuff, it excited me an I wanted to pass it along. It doesn’t mean it’s happening, but at least we’re swinging for the fences
No chance he’s coming here. Stop the rumors.

Reactions: The Gadfly
I completely agree. I was just passing that along, I want someone young that can build a program up an stays a while, best case scenario with urban is another couple years like Spurrier had, while that was awesome, it doesn’t last, as we found out

Lol you said that in the other thread also. Like I said in the 1st post, even when ctownnat1ve thought I was trying to start rumors, it doesn’t mean it’s happening and I wasn’t trying to say it was, I was just happy to hear we’re going for a homerun here, hopefully we can make a splash this time

Those of you comparing Urban Meyer bolting after a few years to Spurrier forget that SOS stayed here for 12 years. That’s a lifetime these days. Spurrier was not a short gig tacked on to the end of a career. He gave it a real shot, took years to build it, and succeeded more than anyone else who has been here. With Urban, if he came here (which I think would NEVER happen), we would be lucky to get 4 years out of him. But you have to admit that they would be 4 years with a competent coach.

Edit: Ten and a half years for Spurrier, but the point is the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlesslie
Those of you comparing Urban Meyer bolting after a few years to Spurrier forget that SOS stayed here for 12 years. That’s a lifetime these days. Spurrier was not a short gig tacked on to the end of a career. He gave it a real shot, took years to build it, and succeeded more than anyone else who has been here. With Urban, if he came here (which I think would NEVER happen), we would be lucky to get 4 years out of him. But you have to admit that they would be 4 years with a competent coach.
Um, I'm sorry, but how was Spurrier here 12 years?

Reactions: DrMickey
After Muschamp and with Clemson being a juggernaut, swing for the fences. The worst he can say is no. Plus, it's much less stressful at place where the fan base names a field after you for winning the Citrus Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT