ADVERTISEMENT

USC Coaches History & Prediction: Where does mUSChamp finish, "at the end of his day"?

DiamondDave22

Oct 13, 2015
There has been a total of 33 Head Coaches at South Carolina from 1892-2017:
Here are the top Coaches:
Name: Total # of Wins
Spurrier 86
Enright 64
Carlen 45
Dietzel 42
*Laval 39 (*tied)
*Morrison 39 (*tied)
Holtz 32
------------------------------------------------------
I know it is too early... but during this down time of the 'football season', something fun to consider especially since how young Muschamp is.

Muschamp has only coached 2 years and has a total of 15 wins. If he averages 8 wins a year and stays for 9 additional years, he would have a total of 72 wins; then add the current 15 wins and you get a total of 87 wins! Thus, he would become the USC CHAMP of all coaches.

Won't be here 9 years. If he keeps improving from the dumpster fire he took over, he will move on to a program with a higher profile in football than USC. If he hangs around the 7-8 win mark then I can see him moving on to an equal job as the fan base gets restless wanting more success. If he drops below that then see the program looking in another direction. Either way, just don't see him being here 8-9 years from now.

Won't be here 9 years. If he keeps improving from the dumpster fire he took over, he will move on to a program with a higher profile in football than USC. If he hangs around the 7-8 win mark then I can see him moving on to an equal job as the fan base gets restless wanting more success. If he drops below that then see the program looking in another direction. Either way, just don't see him being here 8-9 years from now.

Debating about what may or may not transpire in 8 to 9 years is the very definition of a futile exercise, but hey, it's a slow Monday afternoon, so what the heck.

I would respectfully disagree with midline's comments above. I believe that after CWM's experience at UF, Carolina engendered a lot of loyalty in taking a chance on him when most major programs would not have. CWM was, in many ways, "damaged goods" in 2015 in the eyes of pundits and fans. Muschamp is driven to succeed in a big way at Carolina.

Add to that the fact that his fingerprints are all over our new football operations building, and the fact that Carolina will be equal to or ahead of most in the SEC once that opens from the standpoint of facilities.

I think CWM is happy and very comfortable for the long haul in Columbia. Aside from his alma mater (UGA), and possibly Texas, I don't see him leaving Carolina for anywhere else.

I believe if Will is able to recruit 4-5 star athletes to USC, he's in for the long haul. If he isn't able to pull in some of the top athletes in the next few years, he leaves in 5-6 years and moves on to a consistent top-10 team when a position opens. Of course his track record will have to be high favorable to be considered. I have no doubt in my mind that he wants to win a national championship at some point.

Debating about what may or may not transpire in 8 to 9 years is the very definition of a futile exercise, but hey, it's a slow Monday afternoon, so what the heck.

I would respectfully disagree with midline's comments above. I believe that after CWM's experience at UF, Carolina engendered a lot of loyalty in taking a chance on him when most major programs would not have. CWM was, in many ways, "damaged goods" in 2015 in the eyes of pundits and fans. Muschamp is driven to succeed in a big way at Carolina.

Add to that the fact that his fingerprints are all over our new football operations building, and the fact that Carolina will be equal to or ahead of most in the SEC once that opens from the standpoint of facilities.

I think CWM is happy and very comfortable for the long haul in Columbia. Aside from his alma mater (UGA), and possibly Texas, I don't see him leaving Carolina for anywhere else.
There is no loyalty in college football. If he doesn't win we fire him, if he does win big and we don't pay him the $10 or more million he would get at Bama or daresay Clemson, then he will leave.

Agree! Even Spurrier said publically that South Carolina is ahead of Florida (and the others in the EAST with Georgia as the only exception) regarding operations, facilities, fan base etc. Spurrier knows Florida has some catching up to do... Keep the foot on the gas mUSCHAMP!

If Coach Muschamp builds a program that can sustain success over the long haul, South Carolina should pay him or leave the SEC for the Conference USA. A school should not join an elite conference unless it is committed to playing at the highest level and equipping its student-athletes to win championships, particularly in (what should be) the school's flagship program.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

If he keeps improving USC WILL be a higher profile program actually I see him here over 10 years+. We'd just have to match other offers but we'll cross that contract when we come to it. JMHO:)

Wow. I forgot how short a time Morrison was there. I suspect he would have been near the top of that list had he survived. Certainly would have done better than Sparky and Scott.
If he had survived, he would likely have been fired before he coached another game anyway. I think his death is the only thing that kept the steroid scandal here from being a full blown nightmare.

If he had survived, he would likely have been fired before he coached another game anyway. I think his death is the only thing that kept the steroid scandal here from being a full blown nightmare.
I think that he would have been safe for a while longer had he lived AND had Bob Marcum remained. At any rate, since he wasn't let go following the 1988 season, he was probably good for at least one more year. But things were trending downward and his viability did not appear to be favorable following the 1988 season. And recruiting wasn't going very well, either.

Ah. Didnt know about the steroid stuff. I was only 18 at the time. My mind was more focused on the girl that sat 2 seats in front of me in History than stuff like steroids and rumors.

Reactions: Cock-Vader
I think that he would have been safe for a while longer had he lived AND had Bob Marcum remained. At any rate, since he wasn't let go following the 1988 season, he was probably good for at least one more year. But things were trending downward and his viability did not appear to be favorable following the 1988 season. And recruiting wasn't going very well, either.
I seldom agree with you but on this I do. All of the recruits committed followed through and signed with us. If you look at the signees 13, I think only 1 played much football Cedric Bembo from Fl. Recruiting had fallen off for the last 2 years because of the steroid story in S. I. and issues in Coach Mo's personal life.

Reactions: king ward
I seldom agree with you but on this I do. All of the recruits committed followed through and signed with us. If you look at the signees 13, I think only 1 played much football Cedric Bembo from Fl. Recruiting had fallen off for the last 2 years because of the steroid story in S. I. and issues in Coach Mo's personal life.
I like to generate discussion. I post a lot of things knowing people are going to disagree. I sometimes even argue both sides of the same issue. I occasionally like posts that I don't agree with because I like the way they were written. But occasionally I find consensus. There's no getting a handle on me.

I like to generate discussion. I post a lot of things knowing people are going to disagree. I sometimes even argue both sides of the same issue. I occasionally like posts that I don't agree with because I like the way they were written. But occasionally I find consensus. There's no getting a handle on me.
I don't care about your opinions... I simply appreciate that your posts are always well written. Now, start listening to my podcast.

Reactions: king ward
Coach Muschamp will win National Championships here... There will be no debate... He is young dynamic, hires great assistants, evaluates and recruits very well and is a tireless worker

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT