ADVERTISEMENT

USC Could Have Had Freeze or Chadwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake4290

Oct 2, 2011
Ray Tanner thought Freeze had too much baggage, and Chadwell was too inexperienced. Five years ago, Ray interviewed Lincoln Riley, and thought he was too young, so he hired Muschamp instead. Go figure. Thank goodness that we didn’t play Liberty, Coastal Carolina or UAB this year, as all three are better coached and would have boat-raced us with lesser talent.

This unfortunate situation that we find ourselves in lies squarely at the feet of our incompetent AD, who hired a loser of a head coach, and a BOT, who only cares about being coddled and pampered by the university and doesn’t give a damn about winning!

Ray Tanner thought Freeze had too much baggage, and Chadwell was too inexperienced. Five years ago, Ray interviewed Lincoln Riley, and thought he was too young, so he hired Muschamp instead. Go figure. Thank goodness that we didn’t play Liberty, Coastal Carolina or UAB this year, as all three are better coached and would have boat-raced us with lesser talent.

This unfortunate situation that we find ourselves in lies squarely at the feet of our incompetent AD, who hired a loser of a head coach, and a BOT, who only cares about being coddled and pampered by the university and doesn’t give a damn about winning!
It's clear to anyone following these coaching searches that Sankey is discouraging SEC ADs from pursuing Freeze, so no, he wasn't an option for us.

Huh?

I see HCSB as a winner waiting to happen. He will NOT be a clone of his dad, Spurrier, Riley or anyone else he worked for or with. He seems more philosophical and analytical than that. I see him as a sponge who soaked up and made notes of everything he saw and learned along the way to sort through and apply to this job where it fits.

Carolina's head football coach is not a stepping stone for Beamer, it's the top floor. Some of the fan base are for him or at least encouraged with what they have seen so far, others are doubters or simply against him. I can promise you this regarding his support or opposition: Winning cures everything and nothing else really matters.

lol ... no words to describe your words ...
I
P ay
T wo
A
Y ear
are always looking for new kin

I see HCSB as a winner waiting to happen. He will NOT be a clone of his dad, Spurrier, Riley or anyone else he worked for or with. He seems more philosophical and analytical than that. I see him as a sponge who soaked up and made notes of everything he saw and learned along the way to sort through and apply to this job where it fits.

Carolina's head football coach is not a stepping stone for Beamer, it's the top floor. Some of the fan base are for him or at least encouraged with what they have seen so far, others are doubters or simply against him. I can promise you this regarding his support or opposition: Winning cures everything and nothing else really matters.

How can anyone be encouraged based on what they’ve seen so far?

It’s been 3 weeks and we have a juco 3 star commit and a ST coach.

Hugh Freeze is a moron. He was lucky his team won tonight. They won in spite of the dumbest coaching move I've ever personally witnessed.

Reactions: CockswilCrow
I'm impressed that HCSB is sticking to his plan regarding hiring and recruiting. He could rush out and scrape up a bunch of 2* players to fill the roster if that was his priority. It seems to me that he has an excellent product to sell that is going to need more than a few rah rah words to overcome not bringing them on campus due to COVID. That goes for assistant coaches also. Go after them privately instead of on social media. Don't put them on the spot or cause them grief with their current jobs.

He needs an ass-kicking video presentation covering every positive associated with USC as a player and a student. Then you go after the ones you need during the next signing period, selling yourself and your staff to the athlete as well as his family and maybe even his best friend. Recruiting is his specialty and that pays huge dividends. Let's see what happens on September 4th when the foot hits the ball. JMHO

Reactions: briceisbest
That you know of. When its time he will let you know.
Yup. Definitely slow playing this for the ratings. Gotta wait until sweeps to make the big reveal, right?

Some of you guys are so ate up with the Garnet Koolaid you don't even see the truth. Hopefully this coaching tenure gets going and goes well. I very much hope Beamer is a guy who can get it done here. But it's not looking too terribly hot ATM.

I think Freeze or Chadwell would have been great hires and I agree that Tanner is over his head as an AD. SC made a major mistake when it hired Tanner as AD. It is hard to fire a baseball coach hero no matter how poorly he does his current job.

All that being said, Beamer is our coach and I have to support him 100%. Its time to put all the what others and what ifs aside and support who we have.

Its all we have.

I think Freeze or Chadwell would have been great hires and I agree that Tanner is over his head as an AD. SC made a major mistake when it hired Tanner as AD. It is hard to fire a baseball coach hero no matter how poorly he does his current job.

All that being said, Beamer is our coach and I have to support him 100%. Its time to put all the what others and what ifs aside and support who we have.

Its all we have.
I agree with this completely. We have our coach now we have to support him and help him do the best he can. Let's see where we stand this time next year.

IPTOTD
tenor.gif

I think so. In what world does it make sense to avoid scoring at the end of a tie game with less than a minute to play?

if he runs the clock down and kicks a field goal he wins the game without coastal having a chance to reply.

it was the right decision by freeze.

Reactions: DeBoer31
if he runs the clock down and kicks a field goal he wins the game without coastal having a chance to reply.

it was the right decision by freeze.
Agree to disagree. You seem as though you're a fan of Freeze, which is fine. I think he showed he's a moron.

Agree to disagree. You seem as though you're a fan of Freeze, which is fine. I think he showed he's a moron.

The fact that Coastal was actually trying to pull the RB into the end zone shows that the right call was made. I think that they should have just taken a knee twice with the QB, run the clock down to 2 seconds, and then kicked a FG. No need to risk a fumble.

Reactions: CoachT13
Yup. Definitely slow playing this for the ratings. Gotta wait until sweeps to make the big reveal, right?

Some of you guys are so ate up with the Garnet Koolaid you don't even see the truth. Hopefully this coaching tenure gets going and goes well. I very much hope Beamer is a guy who can get it done here. But it's not looking too terribly hot ATM.
No koolaid here pal, people like you just wanna bitch BUT "hope it goes well". Coaches ,coach, players play, fans bitch and moan.

The fact that Coastal was actually trying to pull the RB into the end zone shows that the right call was made. I think that they should have just taken a knee twice with the QB, run the clock down to 2 seconds, and then kicked a FG. No need to risk a fumble.
That's different though from what he was choosing to do. Taking a knee is pretty safe. I would've thought that was pretty smart, but he chose to run an actual play and ask the back to avoid scoring. That's where the moronic part comes in.

Personally I dont like it either but literally every coach does it now including Buffalo's the other day. Im of the take the score mindset and play defense. Too much can go wrong by getting cute ot trying a fg. Bad snap, shank, block, etc.

Reactions: kotr
No koolaid here pal, people like you just wanna bitch BUT "hope it goes well". Coaches ,coach, players play, fans bitch and moan.
Sorry, it's just nonsensical to think that they are delaying the announcements of coaches for some nebulous reason rather than releasing the info. Unless any of those coaches are coaching in the playoff, which while a long shot is a fine enough reason to delay so as not to be a distraction. No one is bitching or moaning here. I'm just looking at what I see, and not blindly jumping on the "It's great but we just don't know how great" wagon.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Personally I dont like it either but literally every coach does it now including Buffalo's the other day. Im of the take the score mindset and play defense. Too much can go wrong by getting cute ot trying a fg. Bad snap, shank, block, etc.
You and I agree. It's fine to slow way down to try to milk the clock, but I still think a team should score when given the chance in that situation.

I suspect both Freeze and Chadwell will regret not capitalizing on this season.
I tend to agree, but I just wonder how many opportunities they had. I'm surprised that Tenn, Michigan, TX, and some others seem content to give their current guys another year. As for SC, it seems unlikely that Ray extended an offer to either one and it's uncertain if Auburn did either. I think both guys' stock is probably as high as it will ever be at their particular schools. Freeze is a proven winner, if a school can look past his baggage. Another year at Liberty doesnt seem likely to change that. Chadwell is also a proven winner at this point, but the knock against him as that he's never been part of a P5 program - and that won't be cured by another year in Conway.

Reactions: 3USC1801

Right on

Reactions: rodemi
Hugh Freeze is a moron. He was lucky his team won tonight. They won in spite of the dumbest coaching move I've ever personally witnessed.
The coaching move he made was seen on the previous down. You watched a player make a stupid move....and a teammate make an even dumber play. What the concept done is part of every nfl and college offense to run down clock,leave ball in middle of field and leave as little time as possible. If you watched how quickly either offense moved the ball...it’s obvious you would want minimal time left on clock once scoring. Your hatred for freeze is weird. Are you an MSU fan?
Also/ I’m not a fan of freeze. If he would’ve come to sc - absolutely would’ve been a fan. I have no allegiance to him... but the only thing moronic is not acknowledging that he’s a great coach. It’s hard to believe that was liberty playing last night....he made that team get to that level of play in 2 years at liberty.

The coaching move he made was seen on the previous down. You watched a player make a stupid move....and a teammate make an even dumber play. What the concept done is part of every nfl and college offense to run down clock,leave ball in middle of field and leave as little time as possible. If you watched how quickly either offense moved the ball...it’s obvious you would want minimal time left on clock once scoring. Your hatred for freeze is weird. Are you an MSU fan?
Also/ I’m not a fan of freeze. If he would’ve come to sc - absolutely would’ve been a fan. I have no allegiance to him... but the only thing moronic is not acknowledging that he’s a great coach. It’s hard to believe that was liberty playing last night....he made that team get to that level of play in 2 years at liberty.
Here's an idea: take a knee twice and then run a play to try to score. It accomplishes the same thing without as much risk involved. People defending the way he chose to go about it are just being apologists IMO. It was stupid.

Reactions: Dizzy01

You sir, are on the money. Problem is the issues get compounded. One bad mistake leads to bigger ones if the AD is clueless.

I am genuinely puzzled.

I thought Beamer had a plan and had the coaches lined up. The evidence is underwhelming.The fact he spent the first two weeks after signing at OU and nothing appears to unfold here is not a good sign.

On paper lots if things look good. But success is 80% or so execution. The start is too ominous to sway skeptics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT