ADVERTISEMENT

USC/ TT game thread.**

Coach Martin deserves all of the kudos and praise that he receives for his defensive coaching and attention to detail. I can't remember anyone saying in the past 10-15 years that his offensive schemes are from the mind of a genius.
This isn't about coaching. It's about not having enough solid offensive - dare I say - talent. It just isn't there game in and game out.

Reactions: woodruffcock
8-0 Run fueled by MYERS dumbass choices and stone ass free throws - what a dumbass and then they call a line violation when TT misses a free threw - BULLSHIT refs hand their hands all in the outcome of this game - if I’m Frank I let them have it at the end of the game

Sour grapes. Silva was clearly in the lane early. I called it before the FT was missed. There were some bad calls, both ways, as always. The game was ours for the taking. We just couldn’t finish.

Sour grapes. Silva was clearly in the lane early. I called it before the FT was missed. There were some bad calls, both ways, as always. The game was ours for the taking. We just couldn’t finish.
Probably so - fact is though lane violations could be called on about 50% of all free throws and just P-O’ed that they decided to call it then

Probably so - fact is though lane violations could be called on about 50% of all free throws and just P-O’ed that they decided to call it then

Believe me, no one is more po’ed than I am! I definitely feel your pain! Seems like it’s one step forward and two steps back for us!

Believe me, no one is more po’ed than I am! I definitely feel your pain! Seems like it’s one step forward and two steps back for us!
How about the 3 second violation they called on Silva? I rewound the tube and watched it like 5 times, he was only in the lane for 2 seconds. I swear the refs watch him like a hawk. The first 2 fouls in the game on Silva were total BS.
Not saying the refs cost us the game(though I know I sound like I do!)...we def had a chance the final 2 minutes but blew it taking stupid shots. But everything the refs did throughout the game didn’t help us.

This isn't about coaching. It's about not having enough solid offensive - dare I say - talent. It just isn't there game in and game out.

I'm with you on lack of talent, especially ball-handling guards, but then .... Frank did recruit them! We'll have to 'agree to disagree' on that coaching part. Frank does not stress moving the defense enough (not just moving the ball, we do that), and does not keep his bigs in the low post enough. If you're lacking in quality guard play, the last thing you need is your big guys running around outside and up top to create spacing problems for perimeter players who don't pass or drive well. Bring them both down low to help free up space for guards who lack skill and/or experience so they can work the high post and free throw area. We have three pretty talented bigs who should dominate down low with double doubles every game. Frank's offense needs improvement.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT