ADVERTISEMENT

USCvs Stony brook.*

Gave up 22 offensive rebounds and missed nearly half their free throws.

The quickness of SB's smaller lineup was too much for our bigs. Tough loss. I expect our team to learn from it and get better. Very impressed with Lawson. Missed a lot of FTs, and SB made most of theirs. Some foul calls early on were head scratchers.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
Some of the worst defense I’ve ever seen under Martin - layup after layup and put back after put back - team looked lazy and uninspired with the exception of the 2 freshmen - pathetic effort in all facets of their game tonight - players STANDING around watching SB rebound - Gravitts or whatever his damn name is couldn’t guard a damn ox dribbling a BB and he is supposedly our best defensive payer. - for real??? His guy had like 28 points in the game

Wow. This is bad. 83 points to Stony Brook and we are a slow it down, half court, defensive-minded team...

Can’t see this ending well for Frank. This loss is unacceptable.

Reactions: sadd66
The quickness of SB's smaller lineup was too much for our bigs. Tough loss. I expect our team to learn from it and get better. Very impressed with Lawson. Missed a lot of FTs, and SB made most of theirs. Some foul calls early in were head scratchers.
Yea if you look past the offensive rebounds we gave up to the much smaller SB team - like 29 offensive rebounds - that’s ridiculous - FT’s were atrocious - my gosh guys NO ONE IS GUARDING YOU - why do we shoot around 50% from the FT line

Was not the reason why we lost this game but the officiating (both ways) reminded me of why its so hard for me to watch college BB - phantom calls all over the place while they let some calls go uncalled - hell they called a foul on Minaya and he NEVER touched the guy- was 2 feet away and the ref on the other side of the SB player called the foul - the SB player actually laughed at the call

Reactions: 92Pony
Your 2 experienced big men look totally lost and you have to rely on your 2 freshmen to win the game.

Look - not defending Martin but when Tanner suspended him for being FM - that is when he changed - RT knew what he was getting when he hired him and then changed him with a suspension for doing what he does best - motivating His players the best way he knows how - he don’t have that anymore in fear of being fired - do not say he deserved the suspension because if you do - you’re part of the problem - the players knew what they were getting into when they committed to him

And to be honest - I the fans at the game would have been as vocal the entire game as they were tha last minute or so - maybe just maybe the team gets motivated enough to win - say what you want to BB teams feed off of their fans - we have to have the quietest fans in college BB - all they want to do is sit their and golf clap on occasions

Frank seems to be a good fellow, but he is not getting the job done. Since that Final 4, this program has been one frustration and embarrassment after another. We are going backwards. There is no excuse and no good reason for that loss to Stony Brook. None. We are not a good basketball program.

Reactions: sadd66
Look - not defending Martin but when Tanner suspended him for being FM - that is when he changed - RT knew what he was getting when he hired him and then changed him with a suspension for doing what he does best - motivating His players the best way he knows how - he don’t have that anymore in fear of being fired - do not say he deserved the suspension because if you do - you’re part of the problem - the players knew what they were getting into when they committed to him
Martin was hired by Eric Hyman. But I agree that he should have never suspended Martin.

Reactions: SumterGamecockGuy

What are you taking about-- Martin took sc to the final four AFTER Tanner suspended him

Now that his assistant that got hammered by the NCAA is gone, Frank can't recruit AT ALL.

Time to get someone new in there methinks.

Reactions: drawplay000
Well as Frank Martin said "if the USC fans knew anything about the game of basketball" then they would see his vision and how his style of losing to high school teams is only a test to our players. A lesson they will learn that will pay off in the post season.

I sure did enjoy that Final 4 run. As we all see now it was a fluke. However that feelimg has faded away quickly. Frank Martin is not a good fit here. I really love the guy and enjoyed the ghost story while he was in the hospital but hes not the coach that can turn this program around.

I guess we need a coach that gets down and dirty at these basketball camps to get us some D1 players. We dont have any playets thst would start at any other SEC program except for Silva.

Losing to Augusta and Stony Brook is pathetic. Martin should pull a Spurrier and just walk aeay

Exactly. Just like Indiana players knew what they were getting when they signed with Bobby Knight. Tanner is way too PC.

That was pathetic. I've said before that I'm a fan of Frank. But this is indefensible. I would love it if someone can defend this crap.

The Insiders Forum has about 5 posters that are defending it. Of course, they defended the exhibition loss and our recruiting. It's the sunshine pumpers forum. They immediately go to insults ("you obviously don't know basketball, etc...") once anyone dares to question Frank or our players.

That was pathetic. I've said before that I'm a fan of Frank. But this is indefensible. I would love it if someone can defend this crap.

The Insiders Forum has about 5 posters that are defending it. Of course, they defended the exhibition loss and our recruiting. It's the sunshine pumpers forum. They immediately go to insults ("you obviously don't know basketball, etc...") once anyone dares to question Frank or our players.

You pay for that info?

1. The many players who left the team or got kicked off the team the last few years is finally hurting us the last couple of years.
2. Martin's up until this year his recruiting has been trouble. Tut, Gueye, Keita, Cudd, Haase, Doumbia, these guys are not Div 1 athletes.
3. Lawson and Bryant are the 2 best players on the team and they are both freshmen. 7 years into a program and your best players are freshmen?
4. If Martin doesn't make the tourney, he needs to be fired. This is his 7 year.

1. The many players who left the team or got kicked off the team the last few years is finally hurting us the last couple of years.
2. Martin's up until this year his recruiting has been trouble. Tut, Gueye, Keita, Cudd, Haase, Doumbia, these guys are not Div 1 athletes.
3. Lawson and Bryant are the 2 best players on the team and they are both freshmen. 7 years into a program and your best players are freshmen?
4. If Martin doesn't make the tourney, he needs to be fired. This is his 7 year.

I worry if Martin is fired, Tanner may use Eddie Fogler to consult on our next coach...

You pay for that info?

I pay for the actual insiders and their information, which is great. This forum has more open debate though, because a few posters hijack any threads over there that offer up any critique of our athletic programs.

What are you taking about-- Sindarius Thornwell took sc to the final four AFTER Tanner suspended him

FIFY.

I'm generally a fan of CFM and have been a defender of his on here (for as much as that's worth). His recruiting ineptitude is what will be his undoing though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT