ADVERTISEMENT

Vacationing about 10 houses from Spurriers"s beach house

Cue the queue of QUE citizens trolling on here, eh?
I love you troll hunters, y'all are so predictable. Say something you don't agree with and I must be a troll. That's the only explanation right I mean it couldn't have been a harmless joke about the best coach we ever had. Who by the way did quit and leave us in a mess. Oh well at least some people looked past my drunken spelling and got a laugh.

I was wondering today what I would say to him if I ran into him on the beach. I spoke to him a few times during his coaching days here. I would like to be respectful due to the 5 in a row over Clemson and the 3 great seasons but I would love to ask him why he left us with so little talent. What would you say to him in that situation? Just curious.
Go Gamecocks!!!

there goes the neighborhood:-(

I love you troll hunters, y'all are so predictable. Say something you don't agree with and I must be a troll. That's the only explanation right I mean it couldn't have been a harmless joke about the best coach we ever had. Who by the way did quit and leave us in a mess. Oh well at least some people looked past my drunken spelling and got a laugh.

I don't know que you mean.

He is the single most important person in Gamecock athletic history. Whoever is in second place is not even close. Look around the campus and the athletic department...his fingerprints are everywhere. When you get to be his age then come talk to me about quitting...
it makes a difference especially after just giving 10 years of your life to a group of unappreciative, entitled fans.
Standing Ovation

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
From the jump, this post and several other retorts carry a strong stench from Pickens County. Sniff, sniff .... i do believe I smell tigger pooh.

I hope you are not referring to "from the jump" as the original post. I have been a Gamecock since 1969.

I was wondering today what I would say to him if I ran into him on the beach. I spoke to him a few times during his coaching days here. I would like to be respectful due to the 5 in a row over Clemson and the 3 great seasons but I would love to ask him why he left us with so little talent. What would you say to him in that situation? Just curious.
Go Gamecocks!!!
Ask him why he put Lorenzo F. Ward at DC instead of Brad Lawing!

Last edited:
He is the single most important person in Gamecock athletic history. Whoever is in second place is not even close. Look around the campus and the athletic department...his fingerprints are everywhere. When you get to be his age then come talk to me about quitting...
it makes a difference especially after just giving 10 years of your life to a group of unappreciative, entitled fans.

2nd not even close?

frank-mcguire1.jpg

Spurrier has explained publicly many times why he left and goes into more detail in his book.

Go Gamecocks!!!

Be friendly. Ask him how Dabo, Herbie and their families are doing? Steve and his wife were at The Reserve just outside of Clemson several weekends ago with several couples and children. The Herbies think so highly of the Swinney's they make an effort to have their sons around the Swinney boys. There were several other couples (owners of Wheels Up who live there) there for the weekend. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

I hate how it all ended, but how many top 10 finishes would we have today had he not come here? At the very least Spurrier proved that you can win big and have a national contender at South Carolina. That's a big deal. In 2005 there were plenty that thought that wasn't possible....if not for Spurrier we would probably still be wondering if it could be done here.

I'm not saying to build a statue for the guy, but I would at least be appreciative if I ran into him.

Reactions: nikolas22
"Hey Coach! I hope you're having a good vacation."

Nothing more. Either most of your folks are ill-mannered jerks or you like to talk big on anonymous fan forums.

Reactions: jeff2001
Based on your comment tater clempsons had 2 meaningful football seasons in 100 plus years. One followed by an embarrassing 3 year TV and bowl ban. USC should be cheating like hell. Obviously, the NCAA could care less anymore.
Ah haha!!! Excellent rebuttal!!

Go Gamecocks!!!
His wife got her degree from Carolina this past fall. She went to the final 4 to support her Gamecocks.
So I might ask what she got her degree in and if she had a great time at the final 4.

My son ran into Coach at the Charlotte airport. Coach took the time to take a picture with him and talked with him bout USC where he attends for about 15 mins. I would be proud to shake his hand anytime..

I was messing around on Youtube earlier and watched Spurrier's "enemies" presser which was in July of '15. Then I watched his LSU presser (his last game) and it was shocking how fed up and pissed off at our team he was. I know it was mostly his fault but he reminded me of a classroom teacher that is just DONE. It was difficult to realize these clips were fewer than two months apart.

Then I started watching comments from our guys and Clemson's guys after that ass kicking in November and it made me hate them so much more than I was possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT