ADVERTISEMENT

Video: Shane Beamer named co-First-Year Coach of the Year

B

Brian Shoemaker

FROM MIKE UVA

On Monday, Shane Beamer was named a a co-recipient of the Steve Spurrier First-Year Coach of the Year Award. The award was voted by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA). Beamer guided South Carolina to 6 wins int he regular season, tying their win total in the previous two season combined before earning a seventh victory in the USC's first bowl appearance in three years. Beamer shares the award with Tennessee's Josh Heupel.

FROM MIKE UVA

On Monday, Shane Beamer was named a a co-recipient of the Steve Spurrier First-Year Coach of the Year Award. The award was voted by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA). Beamer guided South Carolina to 6 wins int he regular season, tying their win total in the previous two season combined before earning a seventh victory in the USC's first bowl appearance in three years. Beamer shares the award with Tennessee's Josh Heupel.
I wonder how the ol' Muskrat feels about someone coming in and showing him up.

He wasn't DC. That was Dan Lanning.
For some reason I thought Lanning didn’t coach in the playoff, but I was wrong.

But he still did all of the above and is now Co-DC. Hate the bastard but he don’t give a crap about Beamer winning this.

Beamer's first Carolina squad featured four different starting quarterbacks logging wins, a feat that only the 2014 Utah State team has matched.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT