1. Somewhat dysfunctional running game
  2. Dropped passes
  3. Off-target passes to open WR, TE, RB
  4. Decent defense
  5. Penalties
Feeling much better tonight.

Reactions: carolinamyke
Fuente is about to be fired.
I will be highly surprised if Fuente is not fired at the end of the season. How BC only scored 17 points is beyond me, the VT defense and offense was totally inept. I just wonder if VT will come after Shane, I doubt it but it will be interesting to see.

Reactions: PC31
I will be highly surprised if Fuente is not fired at the end of the season. How BC only scored 17 points is beyond me, the VT defense and offense was totally inept. I just wonder if VT will come after Shane, I doubt it but it will be interesting to see.
If any team comes after Beamer this season, we should allow them to buy him out and start over. What would any P-5 (or other FBS team) see in Beamer or his staff that would say, "Yeah, let's bring in that guy."

Shane Beamer is not on their list
Nor should he be.

Let's be honest VaTech has had a lot more recent success than we have, they made a calculated risk when they hired Fuentes which at the time seemed like a good hire. Obviously this has not worked out for either party. With that said it would be insanity for them to now look to SB and think he is the right candidate for that job. So far there is nothing on his resume to suggest he could handle the job at VT.

I don't think VT will approach Shane. They are interested in Curt Cignetti at JMU.

Nor should he be.

Let's be honest VaTech has had a lot more recent success than we have, they made a calculated risk when they hired Fuentes which at the time seemed like a good hire. Obviously this has not worked out for either party. With that said it would be insanity for them to now look to SB and think he is the right candidate for that job. So far there is nothing on his resume to suggest he could handle the job at VT.
Haha. That victory Saturday against UF by Shane Beamer is probably a bigger victory and more impressive victory than in all of Fuentes career. Not saying you were wrong at the time, but it's funny how things can change. If Shane can somehow get us to win 2 out 3 and win a bowl game, he would be valued way ahead of Fuentes by January.

Haha. That victory Saturday against UF by Shane Beamer is probably a bigger victory and more impressive victory than in all of Fuentes career. Not saying you were wrong at the time, but it's funny how things can change. If Shane can somehow get us to win 2 out 3 and win a bowl game, he would be valued way ahead of Fuentes by January.
As it stands right now the game against UF is just one game, and as you suggested the rest of the season is noting more than supposition.
So I am still of the belief that VT would not offer SB the HC position at the end of this season, no matter how we may finish.

As for the UF victory eclipsing any game in Fuentes career that comes off as bit of hyperbole

Last edited:
Fuente(s) has had a lot of good wins and an ACCCG appearance, but when UVa names their score this year (and they better score 70 at least) he’ll be gone that night. He’s still only managed to lose to them only once

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT