ADVERTISEMENT

Watching the Nunez video

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
He throws well on the run. Threw a couple of ropes on a dead run.
Obviously, NCAA (SEC) Vs HS football is apples Vs meatloaf; but he made the D cover the field, screens, WR screens etc...then ran as well

Looks like a real genuine article to me.

If Mitch or Scarnecchia don't take control, I say start Nunez

as a true freshman. Why the hell not? It's worked for other schools.

Re: If Mitch or Scarnecchia don't take control, I say start Nunez

Originally posted by rockingamecock:
Apparently Spurrier's offense needs a year or more to grasp. Has he ever had a true freshman start for him?

If he had came into school this spring, I would say that he would have a chance. You have to remember his high school program was not the greatest in the world.

How hard is it go grasp? Spurrier Jr. calls 2 plays, they get to the line of scrimmage, they all look at Spurrier Sr., who changes the play, and then they run that play. It's not like the QB is audibling plays himself...

Originally posted by coastguardcock:

Apparently Spurrier's offense needs a year or more to grasp. Has he ever had a true freshman start for him?
If heard that Nunez has been told by the coaches to expect to play some his freshman year. Probably be a change of pace QB or wildcat until he learns the playbook.

Just start him full time and run nothing but the zone read out of the pistol formation and run a lot of HB draws.

Originally posted by johnnyplaid:

Originally posted by coastguardcock:

If heard that Nunez has been told by the coaches to expect to play some his freshman year. Probably be a change of pace QB or wildcat until he learns the playbook.
I think this is what we'll see a lot more of. He'll come in and play some but won't be a starter early in the season. He'll get enough reps to warrant burning his redshirt. We don't know how things are going to play out. If he plays well enough he could be the starter by the end of the season.

NEVER heard one of our quarterbacks say how hard it is to learn Coach Spurrier's system. Now, expectation is another thing...SOS wants to win every game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT