ADVERTISEMENT

Watson a Superstar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevestrat2

Jun 12, 2010
South Carolina
The announcers called D Watson a "superstar" last night. Got me to thinking about how that is all I have heard about this guy- what a stud and incredible football player he is. He actually hasnt played a ton of college football yet, so I really dont know how awesome (or not) he is. As I was watching last night, I was thinking that he didnt look any better than Perry Orth vs UK to me- probably worse. I am not sure I am buying that Watson is anything special. Not yet anyway. What say you?

had two INT's against, and beat a BAD (winless) Louisville team (only scoring 20 and could only win by three points),. The same Louisville team that gave up 31 to Houston (I didnt even realize Houston had a college football team). Like the announcers said, he is the front runner for the heisman, if he can only keep it up against that "Gauntlet: left (which includes Weak Forest, Syracuse, not basketball and Boston College). He was very impressive verses the Mighty defenses of Wofford and App st teams!

He tried to get a suit made for him in clemsux with some fabric his mom sent him. He was told by three tailors in clemsux that there was not enough material there to make him a suit. He was disappointed. He took it to Louisville with him and stopped by a tailor in the city there. He was told no problem that a suit could be made with the fabric with some left over. Watson was confused and said, "Hey I went to three different tailors in clemsux and they said there was not enough fabric there to make a suit." The Louisville tailor then said..."Son, you are a lot bigger in clemsux than you are here in Louisville ".......

He looks pretty good to me for a true sophomore. He will be a superstar...if he stays healthy. That's the big IF.

Reactions: NetworkX
He's exactly like Clemson's former QB.... throws a great toss sweep pass, he's on the money with the quick WR screen pass, he delivers a great ball within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, BUT he struggles complete a ball that is thrown more than 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

The announcers called D Watson a "superstar" last night. Got me to thinking about how that is all I have heard about this guy- what a stud and incredible football player he is. He actually hasnt played a ton of college football yet, so I really dont know how awesome (or not) he is. As I was watching last night, I was thinking that he didnt look any better than Perry Orth vs UK to me- probably worse. I am not sure I am buying that Watson is anything special. Not yet anyway. What say you?

Come on man. Our walk on qb is better than a 5star kid? Long as we beat them I don't give a fukt

Reactions: cockofdawn
He looks pretty good to me for a true sophomore. He will be a superstar...if he stays healthy. That's the big IF.
looks like hes put on some weight and muscle....that will definitely help...he was a stick figure last year

Didn't he beat you all with one leg?
last time i looked he had 2....now if he were hopping around on 1 leg yeah id be impressed....according to the doctors (also known as the pickens county propaganda machine) he was fine to play, so dont give me that one leg crap....didnt we beat clemson with a backup quarterback in your own stadium....better hope superman stays healthy

Watson is not a superstar. Didn't look very accurate last nite with pressure put on him. And everybody on here and all the Clemson fans made all kinds of fun of Connor Mitch for playing better than Watson did against UL when we played unc. If Mitch had thrown 2 INT's some of these people on here would be wanting to burn him at the stake. Personally I think Perry Orth has looked better than Mitch or Watson

You have to separate the Clemson Hype Machine from reality.

Watson is a decent little player whom the usual suspects have made out to be Tom Brady with talent.

It is the same with every Clemson player....they are always greatest to ever take the gridiron...Nuke Hopkins and Sammy Watkins were both going to catch 8000yds and 45TDs a piece in the NFL their rookie season and Spiller was Walter Payton with better speed and moves. Kyle Parker could start for 28 NFL teams in his junior year at Clemson and Vic Beasley was going to have 45 sacks a game and cause NFL teams to punt on 2nd down.

Clemson leads the nation in delusional hype.

Reactions: Tigerof66
Watched the first half of their game last night and he looked horrible. I can not believe that he is in the Heisman talk after this week unless he really shows out against Notre Dame. I think that ND loses this weekends to GT and then he will not even have a national audience to even try to prove himself.

Reactions: asnelli
Watched the first half of their game last night and he looked horrible. I can not believe that he is in the Heisman talk after this week unless he really shows out against Notre Dame. I think that ND loses this weekends to GT and then he will not even have a national audience to even try to prove himself.

He took himself out of it last night. Wait until FSU, GIT and ND get a hold of him.

Watson is not a superstar. Didn't look very accurate last nite with pressure put on him. And everybody on here and all the Clemson fans made all kinds of fun of Connor Mitch for playing better than Watson did against UL when we played unc. If Mitch had thrown 2 INT's some of these people on here would be wanting to burn him at the stake. Personally I think Perry Orth has looked better than Mitch or Watson

Perry Orth? C'mon, man. Watson looks pretty good for a true sophomore. But he's not the best player in the ACC; he's not even best sophomore in the ACC. That title belongs to Dalvin Cook. Now that dude is the real deal.

Reactions: Tigerof66
Didn't he beat you all with one leg?

In all honesty, he didn't do anything during that game that Stoudt couldn't have done. But Dabo was so afraid of losing a 6th straight game to SC that he knew he couldn't risk NOT playing Watson. He was so desperate for that win that he couldn't chance playing Stoudt.
Hell, I'm 40 years old and haven't even thrown a football in years, and I could've played QB for Clemson and gotten the W against SC last season. We'll see what Watson does this year, but even those with orange glasses on should be able to see that he looked less than impressive last night.

Reactions: stevestrat2
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT