ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: #1 SC vs #8 Maryland Thread

2019 Season, Maryland came to the CLA and beat Carolina, 85-61. Outrebounded USC, 53-29.

not-today-no.gif

Both teams were terrible with assists tonight. But, 61 rebounds. I took a double take when I saw those stats. 15 blocks, turnovers still a work in progress.

Saxton's prowess came up big tonight. Was not expecting Grissett back so soon. Great to see.

It was nice to see Henderson dressed. Hopefully she's back for next week Tues.

Reactions: Gamecock Lincoln
Great game and win for the Gamecocks - dominant rebounding against a team that's pretty decent at rebounding in their own right. Held the Terps to their lowest offensive output thus far this season: 1 point less allowed than NC State allowed them. Turnovers were bad - but they are bad for most game this season, and MD is a strong team at forcing TOs, plus with our top 2 PGs out, it's hard to complain right now. MD out-scored us 17-7 off of those turnovers.

The free-throw shooting was bad - we've not been as awful at the FT line this season as we've been in past seasons, but that needs to improve. MD is a very good FT shooting team, but even they fell a bit from their standard, so we got lucky a bit there.

But another tough, gutsy effort against one of the best in WCBB this season. A little seasoning for the team for when the NCAAT comes along.....

Almost any healthy man can deadlift 1.5x his body weight. It is the best exercise for big numbers.
There’s a film, not sure where I saw it of LeLr knocking out five front grip pull-ups…with. 25!pound weight chained around her waist. Try that. This whole team is strong as hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavcock
There’s a film, not sure where I saw it if LeLe knocking out five front grip pull-ups…with. 25!pound weight chained around her waist. Try that. This whole team is strong as hell.

5 (unweighted) pull-ups is great for a woman and you know LeLe has some serious leg and core muscle mass so that's even more awesome. I just like to keep it real.

5 (unweighted) pull-ups is great for a woman and you know LeLe has some serious leg and core muscle mass so that's even more awesome. I just like to keep it real.
I don’t lie unless I absolutely have to…I can assure I saw it with my own eyes posted by someone. Five….Weighted….and I know what a 25 pound plate looks like. It’s very real usc1855.

Reactions: vacock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT