ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: 2018 Gamecocks

Tennessee will be the consensus pick to win the conference. We will be picked anywhere from 2nd to 4th. We will be preseason top 10. My guess somewhere around 8th.

This can still be a final four team and will be much better in February but to make noise all the freshmen especially Grissett need to grow up fast.

I don't care where they pick us..We still have A'ja, Tyasha, Cuevas, Cliney, Harrigan, Jennings and some very impressive young chicks coming in as freshmen...A'ja is by far the best player in the nation...If we don't incur any major injuries we can still win the SEC and maybe get to the final four and see what happens...Gray and Davis bailing is a big deal for UCONN

Why do teams "tank" in the NBA? Because you can't win a title without a superstar. The superstar is the most difficult piece to find when putting together a championship puzzle. We have that piece; maybe the only bona fide superstar (Gabby Williams is certainly in the conversation, but she was only the 4th best player on a championship team). It's up to coach to find appropriate roles for the supporting players. We aren't gong to be the favorite to win our conference, much less the national title. But It's actually my hope that everyone else underestimates Dawn Staley and A'ja Wilson.

Why do teams "tank" in the NBA? Because you can't win a title without a superstar. The superstar is the most difficult piece to find when putting together a championship puzzle. We have that piece; maybe the only bona fide superstar (Gabby Williams is certainly in the conversation, but she was only the 4th best player on a championship team). It's up to coach to find appropriate roles for the supporting players. We aren't gong to be the favorite to win our conference, much less the national title. But It's actually my hope that everyone else underestimates Dawn Staley and A'ja Wilson.

This might surprise you but there were people that didn't pick us to win our conference this season...How many people picked us to win this national title outside of a few Gamecock faithful...I was lampooned on this forum for saying we would win it without Coates..I get your point...But there is a lot more to our program than Dawn and A'ja...Dawn is a great HBC...A'ja is the best player in the nation...Our supporting cast even without Gray and Davis will be better than many of our fans seem to think...I don't know how fast the freshmen will adapt..I don't know how much progress Tyasha, Kiki and Cliney will make in the off season..But i do know that before mid January 2018 we will be good enough to win our conference...We might not get it done...But we will be there with shot

I read on this forum that we would be lucky to reach the sweet 16 after Coates was lost...I read on this forum that we couldn't replace Tiffany Mitchell and Sessions...Now i hear the same defeatist perspective on Gray and Davis leaving early...I know we will overcome it...That's what this program does..I don't know the hows and whys yet...But i have no doubt we will win the SEC next season...That's what this program does

The problem in Columbia is there has always been someone there telling all our talented underclassmen they should leave early. Numerous kids were given bad info. If they got their degree then you have to be happy for them they are set up either way

The problem in Columbia is there has always been someone there telling all our talented underclassmen they should leave early. Numerous kids were given bad info. If they got their degree then you have to be happy for them they are set up either way

Both Gray and Davis are 4th year juniors that will get their degrees this spring. This isn't a very deep WNBA draft - they made the right decision.

Both Gray and Davis are 4th year juniors that will get their degrees this spring. This isn't a very deep WNBA draft - they made the right decision.

I wish them both well...We are not National Champions without them...But this is a horrible decision for both...There is no money in the WNBA...Being drafted high means nothing...If you saw KD3 before post season play began, she was awful and one would think free agent at best...In post season play, she looked like a top draft pick...If the WNBA ignores the entire season, she might go no too far behind Coates(who will go #1)..Gray is a tweener in college...But Allisha will have to play 2 in the WNBA...I think she is a top 10 pick...But again there is no money in it..

Honestly, both would have been better served playing another season at a high profile program to increase their market value overseas(where the best WNBA players go to earn money)...Unless they are fortunate enough to wind up on a championship contending team in the league, they will be out of sight/out of mind...Playing at USC next season would get them far more exposure...A year of free graduate school would not have hurt either...

I appreciate them both...I respect them both...They will always be Gamecock legends...But i will not pretend they made the right choice because we all love their contributions to our historic season...It's a very bad choice no matter how much we love them..But it's their choice to make no matter how bad it is

Reactions: nikolas22
I wish them both well...We are not National Champions without them...But this is a horrible decision for both...There is no money in the WNBA...Being drafted high means nothing...If you saw KD3 before post season play began, she was awful and one would think free agent at best...In post season play, she looked like a top draft pick...If the WNBA ignores the entire season, she might go no too far behind Coates(who will go #1)..Gray is a tweener in college...But Allisha will have to play 2 in the WNBA...I think she is a top 10 pick...But again there is no money in it..

Honestly, both would have been better served playing another season at a high profile program to increase their market value overseas(where the best WNBA players go to earn money)...Unless they are fortunate enough to wind up on a championship contending team in the league, they will be out of sight/out of mind...Playing at USC next season would get them far more exposure...A year of free graduate school would not have hurt either...

I appreciate them both...I respect them both...They will always be Gamecock legends...But i will not pretend they made the right choice because we all love their contributions to our historic season...It's a very bad choice no matter how much we love them..But it's their choice to make no matter how bad it is

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. These ladies will graduate with degrees from SC and with a National Championship also while not having a serious injury. It is a weak WNBA draft this season and these ladies have dreamed of playing in the Pros. You can't relate because you've never been in their shoes. A year of graduate school means very little if you never return to finish the graduate program. Also, by staying another year they risk injury and depreciating their draft stock. These women ended their collegiate career on top, their stock rising, and degree in hand. Stop being a selfish blowhard and just wish them well. They brought USC a National Championship and are doing what's best for them and not you.

Blowhard? Please. that post was a clear and concise synopsis of their decision and its effects. Lawcalcock has proven on multiple ocasssions his/her knowledge about basketball. For instance, when Coates was throwing up double doubles, it was he who was posting that we could be a better team if we limited her minutes. When everyone else was crowning UConn, he was constantly posting that they could be beaten. Turning pro to avoid an injury? In WBB? like to see the statistics on career ending injuries in that category. These girls will make maybe 100k for what, 10 years, and then what? I support them now that the decision is made, but once again, lawcalcock is spot on.

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. These ladies will graduate with degrees from SC and with a National Championship also while not having a serious injury. It is a weak WNBA draft this season and these ladies have dreamed of playing in the Pros. You can't relate because you've never been in their shoes. A year of graduate school means very little if you never return to finish the graduate program. Also, by staying another year they risk injury and depreciating their draft stock. These women ended their collegiate career on top, their stock rising, and degree in hand. Stop being a selfish blowhard and just wish them well. They brought USC a National Championship and are doing what's best for them and not you.

Blowhard? Please. that post was a clear and concise synopsis of their decision and its effects. Lawcalcock has proven on multiple ocasssions his/her knowledge about basketball. For instance, when Coates was throwing up double doubles, it was he who was posting that we could be a better team if we limited her minutes. When everyone else was crowning UConn, he was constantly posting that they could be beaten. Turning pro to avoid an injury? In WBB? like to see the statistics on career ending injuries in that category. These girls will make maybe 100k for what, 10 years, and then what? I support them now that the decision is made, but once again, lawcalcock is spot on.

Thank you..And you are right...It's their choice...I respect it and i love their contributions to our program...But the fact is they are hurrying up to go no where...Rushing to the WNBA makes no sense...They will both wind up with a minimum contract...1 month ago Kaela Davis would have been a free agent...She made her mark after Coates went down in the post season...A year of graduate school and another year in a high profile program would have done more for them in the long run...KD3 doesn't even need any money...I don't know Allisha's financial situation or the motive for her choice...

Diamond DeShields would have been drafted 2nd behind Coates...She went back to Tennessee because there is no money in the WNBA...Mercedes Russell is likely a top10 pick but went back to Tennessee...Very few players leave until they have no eligibility left because the WNBA is not a viable financial option yet...It might be in 10 years...But it's not now...Somebody gave these young ladies bad advice...But i wish them both nothing but the best

Lawcalcock is an awesome poster. And you're correct he was the only one confident we could beat UCONN. But I have to respectfully disagree about Davis. Here's a post I wrote back in November:

A'ja is really a center. That's the position she plays on Team USA and that's the position she'll play professionally. She's never truly reached her true potential here because she's been surrounded by non-shooters and she's played along side bigs who take up space in the lane (Coates, Welch). And despite those limitations, she was still the SEC Player of the Year.

I don't enough about the roster makeup to tell you what the team will look like next year; ideally, though, she would play the 5 and be surrounded by shooters. She would be completely unstoppable: too big for a quick defender; too quick for a big defender.

And with Wilson at the 5, we won a national championship. And Davis was able to flourish without two centers on the court. She is not her best when she's regulated to being a spot-up 3 point shooter. She needs floor spacing to be able to drive, which will happen for her at the next level. Plus, she's an excellent defender (she completely owned Vivans this season). I think of Davis being like Julio Jones on the 2009 Bama team, he was an outstanding receiver on a team that ran the ball. The fit wasn't right. The fit wasn't right for Davis until Coates went down. Davis is ready to be WNBA player, IMO

As for the money issue, let's say she makes a million dollar over the next ten years. She can always go back to school. And her father's wealth made actually be a factor in her decision to leave. He may have told her that he will pay for her education if pro ball doesn't work out.

Also, next season's draft will include A'ja, DeShields, Mercedes Russell, Kelsey Mitchell, Lexi Brown, Azura Stevens. I'm not sure she's better than those players, but I would take her over Kelsey Plum.

I wished she would have stayed, but I get why she chose to leave. And we all agree it was her decision to make.

Lawcalcock is an awesome poster. And you're correct he was the only one confident we could beat UCONN. But I have to respectfully disagree about Davis. Here's a post I wrote back in November.

A'ja is really a center. That's the position she plays on Team USA and that's the position she'll play professionally. She's never truly reached her true potential here because she's been surrounded by non-shooters and she's played along side bigs who take up space in the lane (Coates, Welch). And despite those limitations, she was still the SEC Player of the Year.

I don't enough about the roster makeup to tell you what the team will look like next year; ideally, though, she would play the 5 and be surrounded by shooters. She would be completely unstoppable: too big for a quick defender; too quick for a big defender.

With Wilson at the 5, we won a national championship. And Davis was able to flourish without two centers on the court. She is not her best when she's regulated to being a spot-up 3 point shooter. She needs floor spacing to be able to drive, which will happen for her at the next level. Plus, she's an excellent defender (she completely owned Vivans this season). I think of Davis being like Julio Jones on the 2009 Bama team, he was an outstanding receiver on a team that ran the ball. The fit wasn't right. The fit wasn't right for Davis until Coates went down. Davis is ready to be WNBA player, IMO

As for the money issue, let's say she makes a million dollar over the next ten years. She can always go back to school. And her father's wealth made actually be a factor in her decision to leave. He may have told her that he will pay for her education if pro ball doesn't work out.

Also, next season's draft will include A'ja, DeShields, Mercedes Russell, Kelsey Mitchell, Lexi Brown, Azura Stevens. I'm not sure she's better than those players, but I would take her over Kelsey Plum.

I wished she would have stayed, but I get why she chose to leave. And we all agree it was her decision to make.

We don't know she will be drafted high this year...She only played great ball for a month...It just depends on how the WNBA scouts feel about her futility in January and most of February...But she proved to be a big time baller in post season...If she came back next season, the only players on your list that would be drafted ahead of her are A'ja, DeSheilds and Azura Stevens

Reactions: DarkCock
Herbert Harrigan is a great talent..She will mature and get more consistent and better...She will play a lot for us next season in a pivotal role...Alexis Jennings is better and will probably be a starter...The question is whether Coach Staley will dare break up her excellent point guard duo of Harris and Cuevas...When Bianca is not on the floor we lose tempo and ball pressure...So Jennings may be the sixth man..But against bigger teams Alexis will start..Jennings can play facing the basket with a very good 18-20 ft jump shot...So she wont clog the paint like playing Coates with A'ja did

I agree with this. I also look for Harris to play faster and Dawn to push her to be more assertive on offense. You saw it down the stretch. Girl gained a ton of experience this year. Harris is going to be very good.

Reactions: lawcalcock
I think we stand a very good chance of beating them in 2017 at CLA, but I think it will be a dog fight. They only lose Chong out of their starting lineup so you know they will still be very talented with the addition of Stevens and they're incoming freshman.

All I'm saying is, proceed with caution. They had an off night against MSU and I personally am glad they did. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to whip them but MSU was a favorable matchup.

UCONN won the last 4 champioships for a reason. I'm looking forward to next season to see how we compete with them.

Add to the equation UCONN has been on the mountain and has taken everybody's shots. If you didn't think the UCONN game was hard enough. UCONN will come with added motivation as if they needed it. To beat the team that beat them trying to show it was a fluke. As long as Geno is there. They have an advantage over whoever they play.

Reactions: nikolas22
roosterbell please...they won the last 4 titles because of Brianna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson, Morgan Tuck. Mosqueda Lewis...Their talent level was down this year...We're a better team than UCONN with a better roster...MissSt beating them was no fluke...They didn't have an off night, they got hit in the mouth..They got beat by a better team

Yes they are a great program..Yes Geno is the best in the business..But we have caught up to them...Whether we can surpass them remains to be seen...We need to beat them a few times and win a few more Championships...Coach Staley is only 46...We have a chance to be the "it" program for quite some time...Stop the 'grass is greener at other schools' stuff

No we have not caught up to them. We have not beat them in three years. The games haven't really been close. We have won one Championship they have a eleven in 27. Yes, they had a tremendous run with Brianna Stewart and company. They lost the first three players in order to the WNBA and went to the final four and lost in OT on a great buzzer beater. This is their down year. This is their rebuilding year. And as you said Geno is the best in the business and until he decides to ride off in the sunset he will remain that.

I remind you that we have been a #1 seed the last 4 years. Losing in the sweet 16 last year and this is the first time we made it past the final four.

We are learning to crawl while they are not walking but running. I'm happy where we are. The future is bright, and as long as we keep taking care of business during the regular season and recruiting at a high level things will take care of themselves.

Once again, these women have their degrees. As for Davis getting bad information I highly doubt that. I'm sure her 10 year plus in the NBA millionaire father may know a thing or two more than the rest of us. Also, 100k over 10 years is a nice set of earnings for someone at 32. Then who knows, they could go into a field in their degrees, go into coaching, or maybe even graduate school. Stop looking at 1 year of grad school as a big deal, it's not. These girls have dreamed of playing professional basketball an they're going to. They ended their careers at the top. You can't guarantee a repeat title run and you can't guarantee they stay healthy. All of you saying they should stay and give up their WNBA dream, how will you feel if they stayed and succumbed to a terrible injury and never made it to the pros? Once again, stop being selfish and put yourself in their shoes or your daughter's shoes.

Last edited:
No we have not caught up to them. We have not beat them in three years. The games haven't really been close. We have won one Championship they have a eleven in 27. Yes, they had a tremendous run with Brianna Stewart and company. They lost the first three players in order to the WNBA and went to the final four and lost in OT on a great buzzer beater. This is their down year. This is their rebuilding year. And as you said Geno is the best in the business and until he decides to ride off in the sunset he will remain that.

I remind you that we have been a #1 seed the last 4 years. Losing in the sweet 16 last year and this is the first time we made it past the final four.

We are learning to crawl while they are not walking but running. I'm happy where we are. The future is bright, and as long as we keep taking care of business during the regular season and recruiting at a high level things will take care of themselves.

Lawd hayah muhcy what the bleep is wrong with you people...Every dynasty starts with 1 Championship...Go back and look at UCONNs trajectory when they overtook UT..We are ahead of Geno's schedule...We haven't passed them yet no...But WE ARE REIGNING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS...They are not...Folks are assuming they will get right back and win next year because they are UCONN...That's as stupid as assuming we will win, because we won this one...Each season takes on it's on dynamics...

This idea that we will take a big step back because Gray and Davis left is just silly and kind of ignorant...We have the best player WBB...Harris, Cuevas and Jennings are big time ballers...We have some young players that will mature and get better...We have some very talented freshman coming in just as UCONN does...UCONN will be very good in 2018 as will we...No one knows who will prove to be the best next season...You have to play the games...

I agree that Geno is the best in the business...But our HBC is not far behind and gaining fast..After the fiasco at Mizzou, she did her best coaching job while here imho

Reactions: gamecockblack
Lawd hayah muhcy what the bleep is wrong with you people...Every dynasty starts with 1 Championship...Go back and look at UCONNs trajectory when they overtook UT..We are ahead of Geno's schedule...We haven't passed them yet no...But WE ARE REIGNING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS...They are not...Folks are assuming they will get right back and win next year because they are UCONN...That's as stupid as assuming we will win, because we won this one...Each season takes on it's on dynamics...

This idea that we will take a big step back because Gray and Davis left is just silly and kind of ignorant...We have the best player WBB...Harris, Cuevas and Jennings are big time ballers...We have some young players that will mature and get better...We have some very talented freshman coming in just as UCONN does...UCONN will be very good in 2018 as will we...No one knows who will prove to be the best next season...You have to play the games...

I agree that Geno is the best in the business...But our HBC is not far behind and gaining fast..After the fiasco at Mizzou, she did her best coaching job while here imho

But you're the one critizing their decision to leave and being melodramatic about it. You're the one showing continued angst in regards to them leaving the program. You're also insinuating that true freshmen are going to be as reliable as 2 experienced and highly talented players who were in Dawn's system.

That we can agree on. Nothing is set in stone like you said. And please don't confuse me for someone who was commenting on Davis and Grey leaving. Yes, each season has it's own dynamics. All I'm saying is. We are heading in the right direction. UCONN has proven they can continually do it. That is where we want to be. It starts with being able to be a #1 seed. Last years team was much better than a sweet 16 team. Dawn is doing an amazing job getting talent year in and year out. Got have the Jimmies & Joe's.

Love your input on all things WBB and look forward to what you have to say. Just don't always agree with your bias or non-bias. And that's what makes this a message board. GO COCK!

Reactions: roosterbell
That we can agree on. Nothing is set in stone like you said. And please don't confuse me for someone who was commenting on Davis and Grey leaving. Yes, each season has it's own dynamics. All I'm saying is. We are heading in the right direction. UCONN has proven they can continually do it. That is where we want to be. It starts with being able to be a #1 seed. Last years team was much better than a sweet 16 team. Dawn is doing an amazing job getting talent year in and year out. Got have the Jimmies & Joe's.

Love your input on all things WBB and look forward to what you have to say. Just don't always agree with your bias or non-bias. And that's what makes this a message board. GO COCK!

I enjoy your post as well...Its good to discuss our great program...You are 100% right...The loss to Syracuse last year was one of Dawns worst coaching jobs ever...All that talent blowing a 13 point 4rth qtr lead was just awful...They almost choked away the ASU game the same way...But they survived an awful last 5 minutes to win the Championship

Reactions: lockcocknroll
We don't know she will be drafted high this year...She only played great ball for a month...It just depends on how the WNBA scouts feel about her futility in January and most of February...But she proved to be a big time baller in post season...If she came back next season, the only players on your list that would be drafted ahead of her are A'ja, DeSheilds and Azura Stevens
If you go on potential, Davis should be a pretty high pick in a fairly week draft. She has loads of athletic ability, is very fast, and at 6'2" has good size and length for a guard. She may have not played well here at times but thats not what scouts are looking at. She has a very high ceiling according to most analysts.

I don't have inside information but I'll bet she's a top ten or better pick. Maybe top 5.

If you go on potential, Davis should be a pretty high pick in a fairly week draft. She has loads of athletic ability, is very fast, and at 6'2" has good size and length for a guard. She may have not played well here at times but thats not what scouts are looking at. She has a very high ceiling according to most analysts.

I don't have inside information but I'll bet she's a top ten or better pick. Maybe top 5.

You may be right...I agree the sky is the limit...She is a bigtime athlete and one heck of a baller...She was an absolute nightmare in the tournament for teams that collapsed on A'ja...I just contrast her to Allisha who brought it all year and always stepped up in crunch time on both ends of the floor...Davis has the higher sealing...Right now Gray is the better player...

Reactions: roosterbell
This might surprise you but there were people that didn't pick us to win our conference this season...How many people picked us to win this national title outside of a few Gamecock faithful...I was lampooned on this forum for saying we would win it without Coates..I get your point...But there is a lot more to our program than Dawn and A'ja...Dawn is a great HBC...A'ja is the best player in the nation...Our supporting cast even without Gray and Davis will be better than many of our fans seem to think...I don't know how fast the freshmen will adapt..I don't know how much progress Tyasha, Kiki and Cliney will make in the off season..But i do know that before mid January 2018 we will be good enough to win our conference...We might not get it done...But we will be there with shot

I read on this forum that we would be lucky to reach the sweet 16 after Coates was lost...I read on this forum that we couldn't replace Tiffany Mitchell and Sessions...Now i hear the same defeatist perspective on Gray and Davis leaving early...I know we will overcome it...That's what this program does..I don't know the hows and whys yet...But i have no doubt we will win the SEC next season...That's what this program does
If a person was sick & full of despair, lawcal could motivate them to get up & run thru a brick wall. Some of his posts are that good.

Well said Captain. Please continue with your logic on FGF. We need more of this in here because the fans swear they are talent scouts and know what's best for a player they've never met and a sport they've never played

I selfishly wanted Gray to stay more than anyone, which is not a knock on Davis. Gray has been such an electric player all season and plays so well on both ends of the court. Loved her style, she could drive to avoid contact and finish, but also time and time again drive with contact to get the 3-point play. The way she was able to rebound and push the ball up the court in transition, sometimes off a defensive play she helped create, goes unnoticed. If you look at her FF4 numbers, in most years they would have won her the FF MVP.

The real money for WBB players is overseas. The WNBA has a short season. If you make 50k/year in the WNBA, you may make 4-5 times as much, elsewhere.

If a person was sick & full of despair, lawcal could motivate them to get up & run thru a brick wall. Some of his posts are that good.

Lawcalcock is that you? Run through a wall? Really? All I read is him presuming he can give better financial advice and predict the players income better than than agents, coaches and the ex NBA millionaire father of Davis. Sounds like a selfish fool to me

Lawcalcock is that you? Run through a wall? Really? All I read is him presuming he can give better financial advice and predict the players income better than than agents, coaches and the ex NBA millionaire father of Davis. Sounds like a selfish fool to me
Aww take it easy. He's just a passionate fan when it comes to the Gamecocks. Not saying everything he says is right but he is genuine.

What WNBA players make is common knowledge readily availible to the public...The financial struggle of the league, the poor TV ratings and shoddy attendance is common knowledge...The high profile players like Candice Parker, Diana Taurasi and Brianna Stewart can make very good money overseas...But most of them dont...If common knowledge is not available to you, find the nearest mirror and deal with your own issues...

It will take Gray and Davis years to build the marketability to make big money overseas...A lot of former NCAA players are overseas making very little money...How much do you think Alleigsha Welch is making overseas?

Our chances have lessened with the loss of Davis and Gray. We will be very competitive but two of our Freshmen have to be impact players. With Davis & Gray we could have been ranked #1.

Our chances have lessened with the loss of Davis and Gray. We will be very competitive but two of our Freshmen have to be impact players. With Davis & Gray we could have been ranked #1.

You are right of course...When you sign the number 7 ranked class you expect all four to make an impact...

I think we'll be a different team...We'll be great offensively...Maybe not as good on defense...The key is the off season...Doniyah Cliney a terrific defender has to upgrade her offensive skills..As fast and as quick as she is, a little work on offense can make her a 10 pts per game scorer...Tyasha can score but will have to be more assertive on offense...Cuevas-Moore is already a machine that can give us 15-20 whenever we need it...Dawn needs to trust her and take the reins off...A huge key is Nikia Herbert-Harrigan...If she will work on her strength and conditioning, she can be the real deal...She is a quick leaping explosive athlete with a beautiful jump shot...I have no doubt she can give us double doubles most nights...The main thing she has to do is improve her footwork on defense..She gets stuck on her heels too often when guarding quick wing players..But her upside is tremendous..The National Championship should inspire her to get to work on being a great player...

A'ja is the best player in WBB to go along with Alexis Jennings a proven force as a post player in the SEC...A starting 5 of A'ja, Alexis, Doniyah, Cuevas and Harris is good enough to win the SEC...Harrigan can give us great minutes...I don't know how much Patrick and Bradshaw will improve...we'll see

Of the freshmen i have no doubts that Daz and Grissett will come in good to go and be major contributers...If Jackson and Troup make the adjustment early watch out...

Reactions: gamecockblack
You are right of course...When you sign the number 7 ranked class you expect all four to make an impact...

I think we'll be a different team...We'll be great offensively...Maybe not as good on defense...The key is the off season...Doniyah Cliney a terrific defender has to upgrade her offensive skills..As fast and as quick as she is, a little work on offense can make her a 10 pts per game scorer...Tyasha can score but will have to be more assertive on offense...Cuevas-Moore is already a machine that can give us 15-20 whenever we need it...Dawn needs to trust her and take the reins off...A huge key is Nikia Herbert-Harrigan...If she will work on her strength and conditioning, she can be the real deal...She is a quick leaping explosive athlete with a beautiful jump shot...I have no doubt she can give us double doubles most nights...The main thing she has to do is improve her footwork on defense..She gets stuck on her heels too often when guarding quick wing players..But her upside is tremendous..The National Championship should inspire her to get to work on being a great player...

A'ja is the best player in WBB to go along with Alexis Jennings a proven force as a post player in the SEC...A starting 5 of A'ja, Alexis, Doniyah, Cuevas and Harris is good enough to win the SEC...Harrigan can give us great minutes...I don't know how much Patrick and Bradshaw will improve...we'll see

Of the freshmen i have no doubts that Daz and Grissett will come in good to go and be major contributers...If Jackson and Troup make the adjustment early watch out...
Well said.

This is good information. I hope Davis and Gray keep this in mind before choosing an agent. The WNBA pays beans. If my stock is not high overseas, I would come back to USC.

This is good information. I hope Davis and Gray keep this in mind before choosing an agent. The WNBA pays beans. If my stock is not high overseas, I would come back to USC.
that's the very point i have been ripped for trying to make...they could do so much more for their overseas market values by spending another year in a high profile program and winning another National Championship..Very few will see them play in the WNBA unless they are on a team in the finals

I bet Gray and Davis sure are happy they didn't take your advice and stay another season. USC just had the 2nd, 4th, and 10th pick in the WNBA Draft. No way that would happen with next year's draft class.

Lawcalcock has been a member for 1 year. He/she has 4300 post. That's 12 post a day. Pretends he knows about things he doesn't. He has a tendency to lie to prove his position. He is on FGF 20 hours a day.

It's obvious he lives in his parents basement and he's special

Reactions: CaptainInsanoCock
Lawcalcock has been a member for 1 year. He/she has 4300 post. That's 12 post a day. Pretends he knows about things he doesn't. He has a tendency to lie to prove his position. He is on FGF 20 hours a day.

It's obvious he lives in his parents basement and he's special

Wow. Really dude? Stalk much. The last two threads I opened had you trashing lawcal as the latest post. He's offering info and insight on USC sports. You?

Reactions: lawcalcock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT