ADVERTISEMENT

WBB - Dawn has a New Commit...

I was hoping it would be Watts as a grad transfer but I see that she is visiting Tennessee this week. I think we need another proven scorer as a buffer for the Freshmen.

I was hoping it would be Watts as a grad transfer but I see that she is visiting Tennessee this week. I think we need another proven scorer as a buffer for the Freshmen.

Maybe she was finishing up her Ewe Tea visit this morning and knew she wanted to be a Gamecock.

Im hoping it's a grad transfer center, but my guess is Karisma Ortiz, the only player we know to visit us so far.

Actually we have a lot of forwards. Kiki, Saxton, Amihere, Grissett. Although I would gladly take Collins because I believe she has a size advantage over everyone else besides Amihere and has nice skill set.
Saxton played under the basket ,lele plays excellent defense and looks for the assist, Amihere has yet played a minute so we don't know how she will do yet. Whomever Dawn gets I just hope their better then the last 2 she got.

Reactions: king ward
I was kinda feeling bummed out when I saw Rivals' 2020 #1 overall just committed to Clemson, but this evens it out.

I agree with another big. Amihere might end up being another Chelsea Bone. Good not great. We are set at guard, which leads me to think we will be predominantly running a 3-2 offense. We need a big to give us the option to change to 2-3 and be able to give Kiki and Saxton a break against good teams.
Yes. I like women’s basketball. I like any sport that has a “Carolina “ across the chest.

I agree with another big. Amihere might end up being another Chelsea Bone. Good not great. We are set at guard, which leads me to think we will be predominantly running a 3-2 offense. We need a big to give us the option to change to 2-3 and be able to give Kiki and Saxton a break against good teams.
Yes. I like women’s basketball. I like any sport that has a “Carolina “ across the chest.
Obviously you do not know enough about Amihere judging by your comment. She was the overall #2 player in this class for years, and because of her injury during her junior year, her inactivity dropped her to 9. She has been on all tourney teams at U19 international tourney and has played with the Canadian Olympic team in qualifying tourneys. Experienced women basketball analysts have stated that when she is healthy, she may be the most talented of our incoming freshmen. She can handle the ball like a wing but it extremely athletic for a post player. She is 6'4.5 as measured at Apex when she arrived in town. I would look up some of her actual international competition games on the net to gauge how good she will be for us.

Obviously you do not know enough about Amihere judging by your comment. She was the overall #2 player in this class for years, and because of her injury during her junior year, her inactivity dropped her to 9. She has been on all tourney teams at U19 international tourney and has played with the Canadian Olympic team in qualifying tourneys. Experienced women basketball analysts have stated that when she is healthy, she may be the most talented of our incoming freshmen. She can handle the ball like a wing but it extremely athletic for a post player. She is 6'4.5 as measured at Apex when she arrived in town. I would look up some of her actual international competition games on the net to gauge how good she will be for us.
Here's some research. If she's healthy, she has a chance to be the best of the freshman. Super athlete with a tremendous upside.

Last edited:
She's not a grad transfer but since there's a new UT coach could she play here immediately?
I believe that's how the new rule works. Because she could play right away makes her an even more enticing prospect to go after, but I'm sure there are other coaches who want her as well. IF it is Collins she must have known she wanted to come here before she asked to transfer as her name just entered the portal 3 days ago.

Hopefully we find out who it is soon.

If its Mimi and she can play right away - that's good. She has great potential. But, I prefer a grad transfer.

Hopefully we find out who it is soon.

If its Mimi and she can play right away - that's good. She has great potential. But, I prefer a grad transfer.
Well, a regular transfer who can play immediately & a grad transfer are essentially the same thing, except Mimi would have 3 years to play vs the grad transfer only having 1. IMO the better investment in this situation would be Mimi by a country mile.

Reactions: SCcocks4ever
Here is a story about it. Former 5 star, Mcdonalds All American...the whole bit. Looks like she will have to apply for a waiver to play this season.

https://www.islandpacket.com/sports/college/article230050329.html
The State said:
As a sophomore at Texas, Littleton averaged 8.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game, playing 33 contests while starting 12 and shooting 39.7 percent from the field and 32.2 percent from 3...Those numbers marked a massive improvement from a quiet freshman campaign in Austin, in which she only played eight games and scored 17 points all season.
Scintillating - simply scintillating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT