ADVERTISEMENT

WBB...that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always try to keep telling myself, "go easy on them...they are just southerners from South Carolina.....so as such, they were not educated well, as their parents were not educated well, as their grandparents, and on and on and so forth..."

Here's some wasted wisdom about our nation: men and women in the military HAVE NEVER given ANY US citizens ANY right to do ANYTHING.

I think we've spent too much time and money in making all these John Wayne hollywood war movies and such.

We make so much about SOLDIERS going off to fight wars to protect and preserve our rights and liberties and way of life, that it's taken on a life of it's own: "soldiers go off to fight in wars...." "soldiers do this"......"soldiers do that".

So I guess Soldiers are higher citizens than other non-soldier US citizens, and should be appointed higher standing from other citizens when it comes to the law, when it comes to rights and freedoms and liberties. Like, SOLDIERS have MORE RIGHTS and FREEDOMS than the rest of us, right? Because after all. They are SOLDIERS.

And while I have as much appreciation for those who DID fight in wars and put their lives on the line protecting and defending our rights and liberties. I have to call this out for what it is, simply.

BULLSHIT

Breaking NEWS: SOLDIERS do NOT go off to war to fight and defend our freedoms and liberties and way of life, putting their lives on the line.

UNITED STATES CITIZENS go off to war to fight and defend our freedoms and liberties and way of life.

That is WHAT US Citizens do. That is the WHAT of it. Joining a federal military service, putting on a military uniform, and wielding a military-grade weapon, is just one way HOW US citizens do that. It is not and has NEVER been the WHAT.

We talk about Soldiers and militaries. We prop them up a little too high, for my tastes. The GREATEST war we've ever fought as a nation of people - still to this day the single ONLY war we have a dedicated federally recognized day of remembrance for - was the war that EARNED us our rights and freedoms to call ourselves an independent nation. More than two-thirds of the "patriots" that fought in that war DID NOT wear a military uniform, and did NOT enlist in any federal military service. Sure, there was a Colonial Army and Colonial Navy, but if everything depended on THEM, we'd still be speaking with British accents and toasting tea to the Queen today.

No, that war was won on the backs of the "volunteer republic militia". What we today call simple genuine article CITIZENS.

The Constitution says NOTHING about native United States citizens needing to spend a single minute in military service in order to gain their citizenship. NOTHING about requiring time in a chosen military service in order to gain rights, freedoms, or liberties. We're all the same in that regard, if we spend a 50-yr glorious career in military, or if we don't spend 50 seconds in it.

We're ALL born with unalienable rights, freedoms, and liberties - military service be damned. And we are ALSO born with unalienable RESPONSIBILITIES for those rights. As US Citizens, NOT as "soldiers".

US Soldiers are tasked with fighting foreign threats to our national security and sovereignty. Foreign, as in OUTSIDE our borders. Threats from people who don't speak our language. From cultures that are alien to our own. From governments that seek to steal away our rights and liberties.

But those are NOT the "only" threats to our rights and liberties that exist. Every single day, our rights are UNDER ASSAULT right here at home, within our nation's borders. Under attack by others who call themselves "US Citizens". It's NOT the responsibility of soldiers to defend ourselves against THOSE threats. It is the responsibilities of ALL US CITIZENS.

If the people who kneel/sit/not stand do so for the reasons that they claim they do - to protest unconstitutional and racist abuses and violations against Citizens' rights and liberties - then they do NOT disrespect the flag, the anthem, the Constitution, soldiers, and what they all represent by their actions.

THEY ARE DEFENDING THE FLAG, THE ANTHEM, THE CONSTITUTION, SOLDIERS, AND ALL THAT THEY REPRESENT, by their actions.

By taking responsibility that is unalienable to them as US Citizens. Just as surely as ANY soldiers do on foreign lands in battles. Only, they don't do it as soldiers. They are doing it as Citizens. Just the way the Constitution says it should be done. The ONLY way it says it should be done (minus of course the part about taking up arms).
This thesis is distasteful.....Ever heard of the draft...many CITIZENS did not get to chose to stay CITIZENS!!! and many of those CITIZENS did not make it home!!! Yes, these SOLDIERS who were drafted should have some special status!!!

One thing you may have missed in this thesis, most southerners joined the military to send money back home to feed their families before the 1980's when the south began to boom with industry and high paying jobs...In my judgement, I think the country owes a lot of gratitude to the southerners who made up the vast majority of the military from WW 1 up to Vietnam...So to jab southerners about being uneducated is CRASS...

I think it's just really sad that so many of the soldiers/CITIZENS died to keep our country free to now have open borders and let anyone in...Nancy Pelosi will argue that those who fought and died for our constitution would want to let all these folks in based on the constitution. I however think most VETS are rolling over in their graves to see what America has become....did they die in vain?

Reactions: cockofdawn
IMO sitting during the National Anthem is the equivalent to pissing on, or burning or stomping all over an American flag. I agree with the right to do it. But I won’t stand next to anyone doing it. Basically I guess I’m saying that if you desecrate the National anthem your just going to run me off. I’m not going to be watching you on TV or sharing posts about you on social media, etc....

I’m not talking about being a fanboy son; I’m talking about actually being around at that time. Btw, I’ve been a working musician off and on for 50 years; my band was making $1000 a night at that time, big money in 1970. A couple of us actually planned on going to Woodstock but I got the Hong Kong flu, true story. At any rate, Lennon saying the Beatles were more popular than Jesus back then generated WAAAAY greater backlash than Hendrix at Woodstock.

Not exactly sure what you're on about here, and doubtful if you are as well. He never claimed that the backlash Hendrix received was the "greatest" backlash of all....that seems to be what you're arguing. But it IS a historical record that Hendrix received considerable criticism for his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. So go ahead and argue against history if you prefer.....those arguments always end up the same.

Hendrix wasn't the first time this happened....musician Jose Feliciano performed a soulful, folksy rendition of the SSB during the 1968 World Series in Detroit, and he also got a lot of criticism for that, even though his version was even less of a "protest" version than what Hendrix's was (although I don't think Hendrix' was a true protest effort either - more of an honest interpretation of what was going on in the US during a time of the Vietnam War and Civil Rights protests, etc.), and was just his honest attempt at an artistic rendering of it....

This thesis is distasteful.....Ever heard of the draft...many CITIZENS did not get to chose to stay CITIZENS!!! and many of those CITIZENS did not make it home!!! Yes, these SOLDIERS who were drafted should have some special status!!!

One thing you may have missed in this thesis, most southerners joined the military to send money back home to feed their families before the 1980's when the south began to boom with industry and high paying jobs...In my judgement, I think the country owes a lot of gratitude to the southerners who made up the vast majority of the military from WW 1 up to Vietnam...So to jab southerners about being uneducated is CRASS...

I think it's just really sad that so many of the soldiers/CITIZENS died to keep our country free to now have open borders and let anyone in...Nancy Pelosi will argue that those who fought and died for our constitution would want to let all these folks in based on the constitution. I however think most VETS are rolling over in their graves to see what America has become....did they die in vain?

My point is that the implication is that if there were NO Army, NO Navy, NO Air Force, NO federal military branch of service, and some foreign enemy came to invade the US, that we'd all go, "oh well....we don't have any military...guess we got to let them invade us, take our wealth, rape our women, kill our young men, take away our children to labor camps...oh well..."

NO. We'd fight them just the same. With every breath of our being. Know how I know that?? Because we've ALREADY BEEN THERE DONE THAT. It's been PROVED.

And for all the US Citizens who are Delta Force wanna-be's who never served, but love to show off their AR-15's and other guns, we sure talk the game well like we'd fight them. And that's the point. Even as military soldiers we do it as US Citizens who are military soldiers. What we fight for to protect and defend, we already have as US Citizens - don't get a whip of it by being soldiers.

Again, it is NEVER the "WHAT"...it is just a "HOW". Just one way HOW we go about doing it. But there are MANY different ways HOW US Citizens go about fighting for our rights and freedoms. What African-Americans are doing kneeling/sitting during the flag presentation/anthem playing, is THEIR way "HOW" they are doing it....

Southerners who join a military service as if it is just a job - to earn money to send home to families - is no different than joining any other job for the same reasons. Nothing wrong with that, but it sure isn't exactly joining the service to fight wars and defend the nation's rights freedoms and liberties. But even so, they should know just like ALL citizens who join service during peaceful times, that at any time, those times could turn un-peaceful, and they did train after all to fight.

ALL citizens who join service to fight in wars and military conflicts - not just southerners who did - deserve gratitude, appreciation, and honor from the country. I never stated otherwise. It's the narrative rewrite that it's citizens SOLDIERS who deserve the honors that I have issues with, because it slants the perspective from the truth.

We do not hire Canadians to man our armies. We don't pay Austrians to captain our destroyers and submarines. You HAVE to be a US Citizen to populate our Federal military branches. EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER TO EVER FIGHT FOR THE US WAS A US CITIZEN. I'm just focusing on the bullseye, unlike most who only refer to "SOLDIERS", like it's some universal military police force. When you then regard "soldiers" as US Citizens, that makes it harder to criticize other US Citizens for fighting for their rights and liberties as citizens, and say they disrespect OTHER US citizens - as soldiers - who do the exact same thing. It spotlights the very large hypocrisy in that thinking...

And then your final paragraph to just spout your parroting of racist perspectives: the vast majority of the US population has descended from immigrants who chose to come to this nation to make a new life and future for them and their families. Their sons and grandsons "died to keep our country FREE...." then to follow that up with negative references to open borders that "let anyone in" - which is in fact just the kind of freedom those sons and grandsons died to keep. The blatant hypocrisy escapes you so easily - you're right though, it IS a really sad thing to behold....

Reactions: Forever Fowl
Coming from a military background/family who has served, we believe in what the flag stands for which is 'FREEDOM.' The freedom to stand/sit/kneel, etc... While I may not always agree with people's actions, I do respect their right to do it as long as it does not infringe on the safety/wellbeing/rights of other people.

Now I have been going to games for decades, and have observed all kinds of actions from our fans including puking/scarfing down food, talking, binge drinking liquor/beer, running to take piss breaks, making out, playing on cell phones, watching scores of other games, etc...that have all occurred during the national anthem/prayer, and there has never been so much as an eyebrow raised.

Where was this patriotism when they removed the pledge of allegiance from the schools? What about God Bless America? My Country 'Tis of Thee? Where were you patriots when our elected officials sold out the American people to foreign interest? These do a lot more to hurt America than someone peacefully exercising their rights.

As a matter of fact many of you may want to read up on history, as protesting is one of the most American things one can do. Especially when it is to bring light and help improve our country whether you believe everything is perfect the way it is or not. As mentioned above, what's even more ironic is getting mad when a group of people attempting to bring light to social issues refuse to stand for a song that references slaves running in fear or facing the grave! The U.S. flag code lists the rules for respecting the American flag, and kneeling or standing during the national anthem isn't mentioned.

I hope you guys show as much disdain the next time you see one of these actions which actually disrespects our flag vs someone peacefully protesting....

The flag should never be displayed with the union (the starred blue union in the canton) down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

upsidedown.jpg

The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery", or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general (exception for coffins).

092a0aaedf9b8007c88c3a682ad2fefe.jpg

The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed, or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard.
3716-patriotic-party-supplies-footer.jpg

When a flag is so tattered that it no longer fits to serve as a symbol of the United States, it should be destroyed in a dignified manner.

23480513-standard.jpg

The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
***WE ACTUALLY DO THIS ONE A LOT***

EP-301239929.jpg
Exceptional post. Well done

Reactions: Forever Fowl
USCrown said:
Coming from a military background/family who has served, we believe in what the flag stands for which is 'FREEDOM.' The freedom to stand/sit/kneel, etc... While I may not always agree with people's actions, I do respect their right to do it as long as it does not infringe on the safety/wellbeing/rights of other people.

Now I have been going to games for decades, and have observed all kinds of actions from our fans including puking/scarfing down food, talking, binge drinking liquor/beer, running to take piss breaks, making out, playing on cell phones, watching scores of other games, etc...that have all occurred during the national anthem/prayer, and there has never been so much as an eyebrow raised.

Where was this patriotism when they removed the pledge of allegiance from the schools? What about God Bless America? My Country 'Tis of Thee? Where were you patriots when our elected officials sold out the American people to foreign interest? These do a lot more to hurt America than someone peacefully exercising their rights.

As a matter of fact many of you may want to read up on history, as protesting is one of the most American things one can do. Especially when it is to bring light and help improve our country whether you believe everything is perfect the way it is or not. As mentioned above, what's even more ironic is getting mad when a group of people attempting to bring light to social issues refuse to stand for a song that references slaves running in fear or facing the grave! The U.S. flag code lists the rules for respecting the American flag, and kneeling or standing during the national anthem isn't mentioned.

I hope you guys show as much disdain the next time you see one of these actions which actually disrespects our flag vs someone peacefully protesting....
Pardon me, but the flag does not STAND for the right to disrespect the country, it TOLERATES it without legal repercussion.

Where was patriotism when they did those things you ask? We were in the voting booth in 2016.

The rest of your post is hogwash.

I was drafted and served. When I took the US Army enlistment oath I swore to support and defend the constitution which guarantees free speech. Nothing in that oath regarding the flag or the national anthem which wasn't even adopted until 1931. Sadly the ships that brought so many slaves to this country flew old glory.
so i take it you think ALL SHIPS should be destroyed?? Since Ships brought Slaves?? Riot at the Port, Loot the PORTS!! BURN DOWN THE PORTS!!

Not to the degree and effort put forth by the Democratic Party this election, and you know it; which also begs the question “why.” Your statement is like saying computers were common in the eighties.
Corona maybe? Just a hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT