ADVERTISEMENT

WBB thread

End of 1. Cardosa, Cooke spark a little run. 23-14. They still look out of sorts. 8 turnovers already.

Dawn yelling at those girls. That's what I want to see. Fire.

Dawn put too many bench players to start the 2nd quarter and our decent lead has faded.

Last edited:
Very ugly effort. Got a little run at the end to take a 45-35 lead. Turnovers, sloppy defense, getting shots blocked. This half looked like an average team. Maybe they should not have played all those tough games to start.

Reactions: nikolas22
It was really sloppy but we still finished with a 10 point lead. Saxton, Littleton and Cooke with good offensive performances so far. We need Boston to wake up on offense earlier

Dawn put too many bench players to start the 2nd quarter and our decent lead has faded.
Taking out Boston at all is dangerous to any lead with have. She only made one field goal and we were still +16 with her on the court. She just makes everyone around her better. We need find a lineup that works without her. In at least 3 of the 6 games we've lost since she's been here, she was in foul trouble.

Reactions: vacock# and Gamekem
Taking out Boston at all is dangerous to any lead with have. She only made one field goal and we were still +16 with her on the court. She just makes everyone around her better. We need find a lineup that works without her. In at least 3 of the 6 games we've lost since she's been here, she was in foul trouble.
Without a doubt but it was especially bad with 4 bench players and Henderson when we dwindled the lead, they appeared to have looked lost with that lineup. Thankfully we didn't have foul trouble in the 2nd quarter so it's unlikely we see such a drastic change like that be on the floor.

On a side note, Feagin needs to get out her head, she was automatic before but now she looks like a different person. Hopefully it's just nerves.

Reactions: DarkCock
Just to get it out of the way, tonight Dawn is sporting a $700 Saint Laurent swearshirt from Paris France. 😉😁

I'm glad Saxton is finally having herself a good game, which is ironic since she has no rebounds so far.

Destanni on track for 15 rebounds. State not crashing the offensive boards at all.

Like clockwork: Boston comes out of the game and we bleed points off the lead.

Reactions: Gamekem
Who else had Henderson 13 rebounds and Saxton with 0 in three quarters on their bingo card.

Subs in and giving up scores. A game with a win but a bad look. I don't understand why they can't defend drives to the basket. With that effort they will have to battle to beat LSU. Final 80-68. My opinion is they need to regroup. No rhythm on offense or defense.

Reactions: nikolas22
Another win, but some work to do. After two low turnover games the bug seemed to have returned. We got some good performances out of Cardoso, Russell, Littleton, Cooke and Saxton on offense. Boston again with another slow start but with solid numbers and Henderson almost an unlikely double double in rebounds and assists. Overall good experience for our bench but we got to be better. Our next game will be tough and we'll get exposed if we don't play with purpose and grit.

Last edited:
Subs in and giving up scores. A game with a win but a bad look. I don't understand why they can't defend drives to the basket. With that effort they will have to battle to beat LSU. Final 80-68. My opinion is they need to regroup. No rhythm on offense or defense.

We're awesome when Boston and Cooke are on the floor. Destanni's is only +11 because she seldom comes out the game and has to play with the subs.

USCB1.jpg

The best way to find a rhythm is to cut the rotation. We just play so many players isn't difficult to develop chemistry...and we had 4 players out!

But besides the core of Boston/Cooke/Henderson, no one else is separating herself.

I’m surprised that Henderson has seemed so hesitant to shoot in the past two games after such a great game against Stanford. Really glad to see Zia have a good game!

Reactions: GamecockinBoulder
Another win, but some work to do. After two low turnover games the bug seemed to have returned. We got some good performances out of Cardoso, Russell, Littleton, Cooke and Saxton on offense. Boston again with another slow start but with solid numbers and Henderson almost an unlikely double double in rebounds and assists. Overall good experience for our bench but we got to be better. Our next game will be tough and we'll get exposed if we don't play with purpose.l and grit.
I think they were exposed in Missou. You will see every team make it a point for their players to drive to the basket at every opportunity. I would say 80% of the Bulldogs score was from lay ups.

I think they were exposed in Missou. You will see every team make it a point for their players to drive to the basket at every opportunity. I would say 80% of the Bulldogs score was from lay ups.
We were, but I believe we have the potential to be further exposed and not by a single digit loss. Mulkey has already got her team bought in to her system. In a tight game with her team trailing in the 4th quarter her team stepped up and put up an almost 30 point quarter to win the game. We won't be able to outlast them for a win, we'll have to be prepared for 4 full quarters.

Reactions: DarkCock
We're awesome when Boston and Cooke are on the floor. Destanni's is only +11 because she seldom comes out the game and has to play with the subs.

USCB1.jpg

The best way to find a rhythm is to cut the rotation. We just play so many players isn't difficult to develop chemistry...and we had 4 players out!

But besides the core of Boston/Cooke/Henderson, no one else is separating herself.
Every game is not designed to blow the other team out. You need to try to develop some of your younger players at some point because you never know what the season brings (Foul Trouble, Injuries). Sloppy game, but we got the win. Coaches can get some good film study from this game. Hopefully, we can focus in on conference season now. I don’t know if I like playing these conference games during the holidays. Kids need a break sometimes. This is not the WNBA.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque

USCB1.jpg

I hate that Saniya Rivers has had to miss so many games. I expect big things from her when she can get into a rhythm of playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT