ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: UCONN @ South Carolina Feb1

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
Get your tickets before they are all gone...Just giving true Gamecocks a heads up...

ore time - THANK YOU #Gamecocks fans for staying on top of this list and for keeping @CLAmktg LOUD! @dawnstaley http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/080917aaa.html…

DGzuu3cWsAAG_vn.jpg

Should be interesting. I get that they always play the UCONN game after football season for TV, but it's a shame that it always takes away a needed "bye" for USC in their conference schedule. Should be fun though. USC will certainly be talented, but probably has more un-proven talent compared to UCONN at this point. Big shoes to fill with the loss of Coates, Davis and Gray. Hopefully several of the freshman will be impact players in year one. A'ja will likely carry a bigger load this year. UCONN on the other hand, I think returns 4 starters, and after watching last year, I thought their back up point guard was a tougher matchup than the starter who graduated. SC's growth has been amazing, as is this four year SEC championship run. And UCONN's run over the last... well, decade... is beyond words.

Should be interesting. I get that they always play the UCONN game after football season for TV, but it's a shame that it always takes away a needed "bye" for USC in their conference schedule. Should be fun though. USC will certainly be talented, but probably has more un-proven talent compared to UCONN at this point. Big shoes to fill with the loss of Coates, Davis and Gray. Hopefully several of the freshman will be impact players in year one. A'ja will likely carry a bigger load this year. UCONN on the other hand, I think returns 4 starters, and after watching last year, I thought their back up point guard was a tougher matchup than the starter who graduated. SC's growth has been amazing, as is this four year SEC championship run. And UCONN's run over the last... well, decade... is beyond words.

I like the game late in the season...It primes both programs for the stretch run...This will be a great match up for both teams...Both teams are loaded and championship worthy...I do think UCONN will be improved over last season...But that doesn't mean they will be better than the Gamecocks

I like the game late in the season...It primes both programs for the stretch run...This will be a great match up for both teams...Both teams are loaded and championship worthy...I do think UCONN will be improved over last season...But that doesn't mean they will be better than the Gamecocks

True. A lot of basketball to be played between now and then! Let's just win that first game... Maryland, I think? Until then, I'll still enjoy Dallas!!!

Reactions: lawcalcock
Does MissSt own UCONN? Just how does this ownership deal work? I always believed the National Champions were king of the hill...I guess you gents undermine that in favor of some UCONN entitlement deal:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:o_O

In this particular case, their ownership of us simply means they have not lost to us....ever.

Reactions: king ward
We should wait until halftime of this game to officially raise the women's national title banner in the CLA.

Do the men's final four banner for the Florida game.

I've stated this before on several threads and will continue to do so on many more until rectified: I'd like to see both hoops teams schedule 2-3 SEC games in December and have 2-3 non-SEC games (one being Clemron) in Jan/Feb.

Does MissSt own UCONN? Just how does this ownership deal work? I always believed the National Champions were king of the hill...I guess you gents undermine that in favor of some UCONN entitlement deal:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:o_O
We've had several shots and not beaten them. They own us.

They own us until we beat them.

Well they had to win 6 in the tournament and only won 4. Champions win 6!!!
Better luck next time uconn
So does Pitt own the taters in football? They have never beat them. Try running that one by a tater.

Well they had to win 6 in the tournament and only won 4. Champions win 6!!!
Better luck next time uconn
So does Pitt own the taters in football? They have never beat them. Try running that one by a tater.
They own them until UPC beats them. I don't have to run it by anybody.

In this particular case, their ownership of us simply means they have not lost to us....ever.

Too bad for them they weren't good enough to give us another chance last year. USC won a National Title! It was Uconn's job to defend it and they failed. So if they want to own us in February so be it. But make it to April and beat us or you aren't the best.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Can you say that again? I couldn't hear you. I had my national championship hat pulled over my ears.
If you didn't hear me the first time, you won't hear me the second, either. But the non-ostriches know it's true: as long as they keep beating us, they own us. I'll bet Dawn feels the same way. She's a competitor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT