ADVERTISEMENT

WBB VS MIZZOU GAME THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit crazy! They flashed Sophie Cunningham on the screen. My first thoughts were - she looks drunk. Then low and behold she raises a ultra lite beer to her lips.

Amihere was awful. Why is she giving the Mizzou player a 3 point shot? Close! Missed an easy layup too.

Reactions: Cockytalk84
We are moving half their speed and they are hitting everything. They clearly wanted this game and we came in not caring. I despise mizz though, they play crappy flop ball

Overconfident team. Letting a much weaker team with half it's players missing beat them. Doesn't mean much on the overall season, but a game we should not lose.

Conference game against a scrappy Mizz team. Non conf wins were great. But my focus always was against our conf foes....those are the ones that always get u.

Come on Henny & Boston bring your team back

Overconfident team. Letting a much weaker team with half it's players missing beat them. Doesn't mean much on the overall season, but a game we should not lose.
Maybe will wake them up and know it’s not always going to workout in the end when you give half effort

Well that absolutely sucks!! (Somewhat mutes an otherwise spectacular Gamecock day….. :( )

Thats what happens when you waltz in overconfident and cocky.
Fashion seems more important than performance
Next game had already postponed vs Ole Miss due to the flu.

Those girls weren't ready to play tonight. Dawn seemed to take the night off also. Time & time again we allowed them to get to the rim for layups without changing up the defense. Even on the basket that won Mizzou the game in OT was a layup. I mean come on coach, they've beaten us before a couple years ago when we didn't stop the drives to the basket. You would have thought we would have learned our lesson by now.

Reactions: Cybercock
Those girls weren't ready to play tonight. Dawn seemed to take the night off also. Time & time again we allowed them to get to the rim for layups without changing up the defense. Even on the basket that won Mizzou the game in OT was a layup. I mean come on coach, they've beaten us before a couple years ago when we didn't stop the drives to the basket. You would have thought we would have learned our lesson by now.
Come one say it louder baby - she ain't hear you.

But, breathe - it's conf play. I'm not surprise by any win/loss during this time of the year. The young ladies will get it right. They'll be fine.

Reactions: ansoncock
Coming off the break is always dangerous and the uncertainty of the game being played and such. Sucks that it had to be against Missouri though. I don't think this team looked any bit cocky but underwhelming play. Cooke has to be better, Henderson has to be better and Boston has to stay out of foul trouble. I'm not too concerned. Just like in the 2019-2020 season we lost to Indiana and we never looked back. I think we'll see much of the same.

Congrats Mizzu playing short handed and still winning it, obvious they played much harder and wanted it more.

No, you gotta give Mizzou props. Yes we shot horrible, that’s on us. They played off of our weak shooters to jam the lane. I said pregame in WBB Thread that Mizzou runs a five out with a sophisticated passing and pick offense. We never matched up with Frank. We adjusted somewhat but they countered.

We killed them on the offensive boards but missed too many wide open shots; down low, medium range, and three pointers. Very disappointed. Cant use we weren't ready, they had a plan and we played crappy.

I hate this. But possibly things will happen later in the season that I will hate even worse. That would make this a warmup.

Anyway! Seriously, f...ing Mizz beat us again, and we have to wait til next year for the get back, unless we meet them in tourney. First damn game of conf play. Shessh!!! It will be alright though. Losses only helps in the long run.

I wish that Henny would shoot the damn ball more. Especially when she knows that your third shooter can buy a basket of late.

I can't stand Sophie Cunningham. Never will.

Beast at rebounding as always with 8 turnovers - there's the plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamekem
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT