ADVERTISEMENT

WBB VS MIZZOU GAME THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a piss poor effort tonight. We should have pushed tempo and wire them out with 8 players. Ridiculous. Obviously our shooting was off but you can make that up in other ways. Like hustle.
All that aside. Did both teams
Not know the rules?
Mizzu should have called their players to the other end of the court for that inbounds to prevent a dead clock foul. And our players were apparently not told in the timeout huddle that the only hope was to run crazy screens and try to draw a foul off the ball before the inbound and do that twice to get a shot at free throws.
Boston thought she scored. Did no one inform her that you can’t shoot tip or put-back with .1??? Seriously? That’s insane for our team to have no awareness of this.

Reactions: Cybercock
I thought Cardoso did pretty well and probably should have played a little more. She was efficient and she kept us in it while Boston was out, wish her defense was a little better though.

Thats what happens when you waltz in overconfident and cocky.
Fashion seems more important than performance
Next game had already postponed vs Ole Miss due to the flu.
Stop with the dumb shit about “flu”. We can debate appropriate measures and going too far with shutdowns. But don’t call it a flu. You look like a fool

Reactions: winloseortie
Played like crap the second half against Duke. Would have lost to Stanford if it was not at home. Cannot shot free throws and have trouble defending the three. Not the things champions are made of. The 2019-2020 team was far superior. Must have been reading how great they are. Not really that important to go undefeated. Maybe this will be a wake up call.

When you are on top other teams will come gunning for ya. The SEC is too tough to have any lapses. This ain't UCONNs conference where 75% of the games are basically extended practices and you can give the second teamers extensive action and let them learn and grow.

If the free throw shooting does not improve they will not win the title.

Reactions: 92Pony
Well aren’t you just a happy poster
Let them have this moment, they have been sadly waiting for months for this. I'm sure they feel same way about the football team that never comes out for it either or the hundreds of fans that are busy on their phones, talking , trying to buy concessions too.

Stop with the dumb shit about “flu”. We can debate appropriate measures and going too far with shutdowns. But don’t call it a flu. You look like a fool

Sorry Charlie.... omicron is the flu
I am not the fool in this conversation.
However I will not hijack this thread again with a covid argument. My hijack limit is 2.
We all know that those who have bought in to this crap wont take off the blinders.
Carry on.... your choice

Reactions: tngamecock#
The WBB Gamecocks who don’t participate in the Natl’ Anthem LOST to Mizzou?! Oh,no!
I’m with you. I was a supporter but when Dawn did that I’m an aborter. Take a knee. She is all about BLM and when you don’t support our Anthem is like giving the finger to our country that pays you a million a year to coach freaking basketball.

I can see who the idiots are here who think they are virologists and know what type viruses are. I see you. I’m done. I know your brain capacity to think and it aint much. But keep thinking inside your little boxes of stupid.

anyway. Dumb that our players half asses this game and we’re not even aware of their only attempt to score at the end. And that was Not in anyway taking a shot during live clock play. Unacceptable for dawn to not know the rule

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
* Cooke was 4-19 from the field, but we were still +8 when she was in the game. She was our best defender tonight.

* Frank completely outplayed Saxton. No way to sugarcoat it.

* Boston only played 28 minutes. That's the first time she's been in real foul trouble all season. That's what cost us against Stanford last season. Saxton is a nice complement to Boston, but isn't nearly as effective without Boston on the court.

* Lele was missed tonight. We should have been able to beat Mizzou without her, but coach didn't start getting imaginative with the lineup until late in the game.

* Give credit to Mizzou...that's why you don't cancel a game even down your best player. They played hard. The Tigers did an especially nice job on the defensive glass.

* Hopefully coach and the team learned from tonight. This loss could make them better. It's up to them to decide.

Reactions: Gamekem
* Cooke was 4-19 from the field, but we were still +8 when she was in the game. She was our best defender tonight.

* Frank completely outplayed Saxton. No way to sugarcoat it.

* Boston only played 28 minutes. That's the first time she's been in real foul trouble all season. That's what cost us against Stanford last season. Saxton is a nice complement to Boston, but isn't nearly as effective without Boston on the court.

* Lele was missed tonight. We should have been able to beat Mizzou without her, but coach didn't start getting imaginative with the lineup until late in the game.

* Give credit to Mizzou...that's why you don't cancel a game even down your best player. They played hard. The Tigers did an especially nice job on the defensive glass.

* Hopefully coach and the team learned from tonight. This loss could make them better. It's up to them to decide.
I do think the lack of Blackwell played a part. I'm sure they game planned for her and her absence might have hurt us in a unintentional way. A good strategic move to not name the players who were going to be out before the game.

One good thing about this loss is that the pressure is off. No more worry about a perfect season or SEC record. The main goal of a national title is still the ultimate prize. I do wonder what I ranking will be.

Reactions: DarkCock
I do think the lack of Blackwell played a part. I'm sure they game planned for her and her absence might have hurt us in a unintentional way. A good strategic move to not name the players who were going to be out before the game.

One good thing about this loss is that the pressure is off. No more worry about a perfect season or SEC record. The main goal of a national title is still the ultimate prize. I do wonder what I ranking will be.
Great point. It was like Dawn didn't wasn't sure which lineup to use.

The team will still be #1 in the NET rankings. Dropping from #1 in the AP poll wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, IMO, but I would be surprised if it happens.

Reactions: Gamekem
She has to learn to incorporate a zone, which she refuses to use. That would have stopped that last driving lay up. Something is off with Cooke. She commits turn overs and all of a sudden can't shoot. Out of all those girls there should be some wing shooters. When the guards are off, it is bad. They should learn a hard lesson, because Mulkey is up next.

Aimhere is too weak for someone of her size
They said that she deadlifts 450 pounds and leads the team. She's strong but she doesn't know how to use it. She either is too delicate or charging into people, she needs to find that middle ground and learn to finish.

I can see who the idiots are here who think they are virologists and know what type viruses are. I see you. I’m done. I know your brain capacity to think and it aint much. But keep thinking inside your little boxes of stupid.

anyway. Dumb that our players half asses this game and we’re not even aware of their only attempt to score at the end. And that was Not in anyway taking a shot during live clock play. Unacceptable for dawn to not know the rule
Look, I’m all for calling people idiots. I LOVE insulting people, and I go out of my way to make people feel stupid whenever I can. It doesn’t make me feel superior. (I suppose I feel somewhere around average). It just makes me laugh. Now, all of that being said; next time you want to go on a idiot-calling tirade, try to make your post semi-coherent and not quite so chock full of errors. It will help you make your point! Cheerio!

The WBB Gamecocks who don’t participate in the Natl’ Anthem LOST to Mizzou?! Oh,no!

My feelings exactly, not like we lost a football game..its womens basketball who cares…

I’m with you. I was a supporter but when Dawn did that I’m an aborter. Take a knee. She is all about BLM and when you don’t support our Anthem is like giving the finger to our country that pays you a million a year to coach freaking basketball.

Morons.

Our team doesn’t respect our national anthem? It’s alright to disrespect a gov’t when it goes wrong, but to disrespect the emblem of your country that allows you to do what you do is traitorous.

I doubt that. Last week they said that Boston was deadlifting over 300 pounds. (way more than me in my prime). I doubt she's beats Boston there.
Not really disagreeing but I do believe LA is the strongest in the weight room in general. She’s also the fastest from baseline to baseline even faster tha Henny. She’s improving every ear but still a way to go in my opinion.

Last edited:
Sorry Charlie.... omicron is the flu
I am not the fool in this conversation.
However I will not hijack this thread again with a covid argument. My hijack limit is 2.
We all know that those who have bought in to this crap wont take off the blinders.
Carry on.... your choice
I didn't know we had any epidemiologists on this board. In my life I've known 1 person to die of the flu. I know at least a dozen people that have died of COVID-19.

Our team doesn’t respect our national anthem? It’s alright to disrespect a gov’t when it goes wrong, but to disrespect the emblem of your country that allows you to do what you do is traitorous.
So, we live in a country where you're a traitor if you don't stand for a song? Give me a freaking break. We're in the south, which has disrespected the U.S. for 150 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT