ADVERTISEMENT

WBB vs UF thread

Boston with 7 rebounds in the first six minutes is pretty impressive. As is holding Florida to three points in the first quarter, although the lid is on the basket for them (1-19 from the field).

I didn't get to watch it, but from the stats it looked like only a few players were shooting well. What's with Cooke and Henderson and their off shooting? 21 turnovers and get outscored in both 2nd half quarters.

I didn't get to watch it, but from the stats it looked like only a few players were shooting well. What's with Cooke and Henderson and their off shooting? 21 turnovers and get outscored in both 2nd half quarters.
We started out really strong…but couldn’t keep it up.

As evidenced by many wins against a lot of ranked teams already this squad can beat anybody. Our defense and talent level puts us in position to win any game but we can struggle to score sometimes so it’s not always pretty. I still think the canceled playoffs COVID year was the smoothest and most dominant looking team Dawn has put together.

As evidenced by many wins against a lot of ranked teams already this squad can beat anybody. Our defense and talent level puts us in position to win any game but we can struggle to score sometimes so it’s not always pretty. I still think the canceled playoffs COVID year was the smoothest and most dominant looking team Dawn has put together.
Do you have any insight on why we lost to an average Missouri team? I'm afraid we might have a game like that in the tournament against a team that has everything go right for it in the game.
It looked like we were sleepwalking through the Missouri game and only shot 33% or so from the field. I hope it opened the eyes of our players in that any team can beat us if we don't play hard every game.

Reactions: nikolas22
No I don’t have any insight other than you see upsets like that across all sports male and female. I would guess we didn’t get up for a team like Missouri and we have a target on us against any opponent right now and get most teams best effort.

Do you have any insight on why we lost to an average Missouri team? I'm afraid we might have a game like that in the tournament against a team that has everything go right for it in the game.
It looked like we were sleepwalking through the Missouri game and only shot 33% or so from the field. I hope it opened the eyes of our players in that any team can beat us if we don't play hard every game.
Why are we talking Mizzou? We are 8-0 since that game,winning by an average of 20 points, beating 3 top 25 teams and 2 other probable tourney teams. I’d say we have responded pretty well.

We were dominant for 25 minutes being up by 28. The starters were on the bench for the last 5 minutes of the quarter and the subs did not play well. Dawn left them in too long but that is who she is in developing a team. The 4th quarter was basically even.

Am I worried about turnovers? Yes! UF is top 5 in the country in steals, so some of that is them, some of that is us. Credit UF with playing hard but they were never in the game.

Florida put up a better fight than Ole Miss did. Or did we just a bad second half?

Either way - as usual the turnovers. Aimhere, does she try to do the same sh*t every game? Staley's on the bench shaking/rubbing her head - Coach she has been doing the same thing going on 3 years now.

Moving on.... Rivers will be good on both ends of the floor, Hall will give us defense like Beal - but who's not afraid to shot and Feagin will be a leaper like Saxton. Let's go!!!!

Last edited:
Florida put up a better fight than Ole Miss did. Or did we just a bad second half?

Either way - as usual the turnovers. Aimhere, does she try to do the same sh*t every game? Staley's on the bench shaking/rubbing her head - Coach she has been doing the same thing going on 3 years now.

Moving on.... Rivers will be good on both ends of the floor, Hall will give us defense like Beal - but who's not afraid to shot and Feagin will be a leaper like Saxton. Let's go!!!!
I know this is mean but if Amihere and Keyshawn Bryant had a child together... the child would be tall, beautiful/handsome, very athletic with a middle name of Turnover.

Feagin is more gifted offensively than Saxton, what we will miss fromSaxton is D, relentless rebounding and leadership. Three year captain, she was Co-captain with Ty as a Soph on the bench

Good - stifling defense, improved bench play. We have a couple of freshmen that are going to continue to push the starters. Bad- TO's returned. Much like the Arky game, we were dominate and then lost focus. After the last 2 games, it was very disappointing to see these issues return.

If we don’t clean up some things we have no chance of winning the natty. Turnovers, lead the nation in missed layups, free throw shooting. ( no excuse, it’s an uncontested shot from the foul line), outside shooting is poor, and we don’t lose the glass on a lot of missed 2-4 footers. Other than that we are unbeatable😏 when I tuned in it was 45 -17. And I actually got concerned . 62-50. From a 28 point lead. Playing with fire.

Reactions: mavcock
If we don’t clean up some things we have no chance of winning the natty. Turnovers, lead the nation in missed layups, free throw shooting. ( no excuse, it’s an uncontested shot from the foul line), outside shooting is poor, and we don’t lose the glass on a lot of missed 2-4 footers. Other than that we are unbeatable😏 when I tuned in it was 45 -17. And I actually got concerned . 62-50. From a 28 point lead. Playing with fire.
As a team we were 73% free throws against Florida. 80% against OM and 76 against Vandy. Certian players need to do a lot better but as a team we're fine. The TOs are an issue but we can correct those things and we will.

As a team we were 73% free throws against Florida. 80% against OM and 76 against Vandy. Certian players need to do a lot better but as a team we're fine. The TOs are an issue but we can correct those things and we will.
File it under unbelievable facts but since SEC play began we are shooting a very respectable 73%. In this span Cooke 89.5% Boston 80% Henny 72% Cardoso 82%

I know this is mean but if Amihere and Keyshawn Bryant had a child together... the child would be tall, beautiful/handsome, very athletic with a middle name of Turnover.

Feagin is more gifted offensively than Saxton, what we will miss fromSaxton is D, relentless rebounding and leadership. Three year captain, she was Co-captain with Ty as a Soph on the bench
LOL

Saxton can have a good bb career overseas if she wants it. Maybe will get to see Feagin for a few mins against GA

We do need to clean up turnovers!! What is so maddening is we play clean against Ole Miss, long stretches against Stanford and UCONN. Then we just seem to go brain dead at other times.

We are shooting better from the field and 3pt than last year. It is just we are so inconsistent. Cooke is a killer, but is she killing them or us?

This team hangs it hat on D and rebounds. It covers a multitude of sins. Only six teams have scored 60 or mor against us and four of those were, 60, 60, 61, and 63.

We can, but my question is why haven’t we? It’s obvious Dawn if frustrated with the T/O’s. When asked post-game about the great first qtr, she quickly mentioned the six turnovers in that qtr.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT