ADVERTISEMENT

WBB vs UK thread....

Kiki has really learned how to block shots and she has a pretty damn good jumper. Her good looks might fool you but she's one heck of a competitor.

Watched the replay today and when they were in their zone the only guard getting to the basket was BCM and she couldn't finish the shot. The others kept passing it around and finally throwing up a 3 which didn't go. Why can't our players learn to stop before they run into a player and make the jumper instead of a flop charge call.

Reactions: vacock#
I heard Staley recently say a couple of times why she doesn't play a lot of zone with this team.... long story short, they don't play it very well so even when they do spring it on a team, they don't stay in it long because the team doesn't play it well or sort of relaxes too much. Again, since she sees them in practice every day, I'm assuming she knows what she's talking about. I've also heard some rumblings that there are other reasons Herbert-Harrigan's time has diminished (other than the fact that her level of play has dropped off). From what I've heard, sometimes kids push things past acceptable limits and coaches have to respond accordingly.
I've also been told that there are some behind the scenes issues with Kiki. I of course don't know this for an actual fact, but very much trust the person who shared this with me. There's most likely a degree of friction between Dawn and Kiki that has perhaps just reached a stage where it is boiling over. It makes sense to me in light of how Kiki had been performing so dominantly on the court and now is a mere presence that fills in for short periods of time. I believe that she's an extremely talented player, but if her mind is not in the right place to accept coaching and as well to be a teammate who contributes positively, then all of that talent goes to waste. We all know that a bad attitude can quickly become poison to a team's chemistry, and IF that's the case here, then I can understand her greatly reduced playing time. I really hope this is not the case, but if so, certainly hope that it can be rectified sooner than later.

Reactions: DarkCock
As fast as BCM is, why didn’t she handle the ball and let Henderson hang out at the 3 point line? BCM used to be our point guard

I noticed as the team was preparing to start the 2nd half, BCM wasn't shooting with the rest of the team. She was warming up on the side with a staff member, possibly a trainer.

Maybe that's routine for her; I've haven't paid attention before. Or maybe she's a little banged up. That's the only explanation I have.

I noticed as the team was preparing to start the 2nd half, BCM wasn't shooting with the rest of the team. She was warming up on the side with a staff member, possibly a trainer.

Maybe that's routine for her; I've haven't paid attention before. Or maybe she's a little banged up. That's the only explanation I have.
That is common for her, due to her knee injury.

Reactions: DarkCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT