ADVERTISEMENT

WBB

Henderson just Made another critical mistake.

she should be focused on finding open players

This was a huge game for LSU and even though she lost this probably helps in her recruiting.
Apparently everybody in town showed up.

Great win and great response to a poor first half. Wish we can play 4 solid quarters to eliminate the drama. 66-60 win
And calls from the refs. (Not saying they were bad, just that with a big lead, ref calls are less important)

* Love those hard-fought, physical road games. Doubled them up on the rebounds, 48-24, without Cardoso and Amihere. Pointer played 40 minutes, but she began to run out of gas starting in the late 2nd quarter. We don't double, which means the opposing team stars have to beat us. Just too much to ask out Pointer tonight.

* When we turn the ball over, it allows the opposing team to score in transition before we can set our defense. Zia cut down on her turnovers in the 2nd and so did the team as a whole. LSU really struggled to score in the 2nd half against our half-court defense.

Boston continues to show why she is the NPOY front runner and doing whatever it takes to win. Hopefully she gets some rest, she took a lot of shots to face and was banged up.
I got to give Zia credit, she was struggling but she came up big tonight when we needed it. Henderson is struggling some but still hits some key 3s. A good win without some key reserves.

Boston continues to show why she is the NPOY front runner and doing whatever it takes to win. Hopefully she gets some rest, she took a lot of shots to face and was banged up.
I got to give Zia credit, she was struggling but she came up big tonight when we needed it. Henderson is struggling some but still hits some key 3s. A good win without some key reserves.
I've been saying that whatever problems we have, Zia ain't one of them. We lost to Mizou when she wasn't on the floor. Tonight, she played all 40 minutes. One minute less and I'm not sure we win. She's just an absolute warrior.

Reactions: Whiterockcock69
I asked in another post….wonder why Littleton did not play? Is she injured? She was on the bench but dressed

I asked in another post….wonder why Littleton did not play? Is she injured? She was on the bench but dressed
She hasn't played in the last two games because Miss State and LSU don't play zone. Her role is to be the zone buster. Against teams with athletic guards who play man-to-man she's not as effective. And I think Dawn made the right call. Russell, Hall and Rivers lineup cut into the lead just before the half. They were very good defensively.

Knew it was going to be a tough one with all the experienced players in LSU. Good dub for the team.

Aliyah was a beast as always

but those damn free throws. This team has been bad at the line going on three years now. And I don't see that sh*t changing at all.

Knew it was going to be a tough one with all the experienced players in LSU. Good dub for the team.

Aliyah was a beast as always

but those damn free throws. This team has been bad at the line going on three years now. And I don't see that sh*t changing at all.
We still made 15 more for throws than LSU. Getting to the line is often more important than %. Saxton, Beal, Lele and Feagin were 3 of 14 from the line. At the same time, they combined for 20 rebounds and helped foul out LSU's two bigs. Boston is that rare WBB player who can dominate the glass and shoot 70+% from the line. We can either have a great rebounding team or a great free throw shooting team. We can't have both. We've been pretty good the last 3 years, so poor free throw shooting hasn't affected us too badly.

Now, turnovers...not a lot of positives there. We really need to cut down on them.

Reactions: gamecockblack
From the LSU board:

Dawn has to know her days are numbered as the big dog.
I hope they felt that way last year when we beat them only by 4 and 7 points last year. LSU plays us tough and those ladies already felt confident against us due to last season under Fargas. Their fans have gotten awfully confident with a new coach. I guess we'll see when she doesn't have a team full seniors and grad students leading the way, what she's done is impressive but kinda early to call her the top dog.

I hope they felt that way last year when we beat them only by 4 and 7 points last year. LSU plays us tough and those ladies already felt confident against us due to last season under Fargas. Their fans have gotten awfully confident with a new coach. I guess we'll see when she doesn't have a team full seniors and grad students leading the way, what she's done is impressive but kinda early to call her the top dog.
I thought our freshman looked pretty good against their 23 year olds. I particularly liked this play by Feagin. Not rattled at all.

The future is bright.

Good win. Just feels like something is off. Seems like with 11 MCD Americans, we should be better at every position on the floor over a #13 team. Remember, the parity in womens BB is different than the mens. In the mens game, the top 25 teams can prob beat each other on any given night.

IN the womens game, I think its more like the top 2-4 and then everyone else is a full couple steps behind.

Hoping we cans top the turnovers and really jell together. Feels like we are playing more of an NBA style, vs a team style of game.

Reactions: vacock#
Good win. Just feels like something is off. Seems like with 11 MCD Americans, we should be better at every position on the floor over a #13 team. Remember, the parity in womens BB is different than the mens. In the mens game, the top 25 teams can prob beat each other on any given night.

IN the womens game, I think its more like the top 2-4 and then everyone else is a full couple steps behind.

Hoping we cans top the turnovers and really jell together. Feels like we are playing more of an NBA style, vs a team style of game.
You raise a good point about how WBB normally is. I think this year, however, is not normal due to the addition of Super Seniors. Without that extra COVID year, we play last night without Lele and LSU plays without basically everyone who scored a basket. Needless to say, the score would have been much different.

The LSU fans are awfully butt hurt they didn't win. Take a look at tiger droppings.

Last edited:
Those LSU fans have serious issues, manufacturing hidden messages and motivations, and describing Dawn Staley in terms that I haven't seen allowed on any other college sports message boards. With a tip of the hat to UCONN and Tennessee WBB fans, I have now found the absolute worse WBB fanbase in the nation. UCONN and the Vols are just arrogant. LSU fans are nasty.

We still made 15 more for throws than LSU. Getting to the line is often more important than %. Saxton, Beal, Lele and Feagin were 3 of 14 from the line. At the same time, they combined for 20 rebounds and helped foul out LSU's two bigs. Boston is that rare WBB player who can dominate the glass and shoot 70+% from the line. We can either have a great rebounding team or a great free throw shooting team. We can't have both. We've been pretty good the last 3 years, so poor free throw shooting hasn't affected us too badly.

Now, turnovers...not a lot of positives there. We really need to cut down on them.
Yeah, rebounding saves this team. Everyone gets them

Boston is the best at the line with Henny & Cooke bringing up the rare. I won't mention the other 2 starters

Reactions: DarkCock
Those LSU fans have serious issues, manufacturing hidden messages and motivations, and describing Dawn Staley in terms that I haven't seen allowed on any other college sports message boards. With a tip of the hat to UCONN and Tennessee WBB fans, I have now found the absolute worse WBB fanbase in the nation. UCONN and the Vols are just arrogant. LSU fans are nasty.
Could not agree more. I was shocked at some of the things I read on their board. Called Dawn and our players the b-word but they spelled it out.

Reactions: thebigpill
Yeah, rebounding saves this team. Everyone gets them

Boston is the best at the line with Henny & Cooke bringing up the rare. I won't mention the other 2 starters
In both the LSU and Maryland we got an offensive rebound off a missed free throw in the final minute (maybe even final 30 seconds). I know that must drive the other team's coach crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT