ADVERTISEMENT

WE BETTER GO GET MONTE LEE NOW !!!!

Hanahan Bill

Aug 15, 2001
Let's not pull a Gregg Marshall here and wait till it's too late. Lee has a great record at CofC and in the top

25 the last couple of years with a SUPER REGIONAL last year. (something we couldn't do). He is one of the

best young coaches out there, but someone is going to grab him up soon. (Let's hope it's not the PUSSYCATS).

Wake up Ray and jump on this opportunity, after all he is one of your BOYS.

smh

bnDrLUt.jpg

This post is funny and stupid at the same time. Monte Lee will not be a head baseball coach at USC, nor should he be. This falls into the same conversation as hiring Calvi who couldn't get out of town fast enough after being abused by Gamecock fans.

Lee would also be a surprise hire at KKKlempson unless the money is outrageous. He hated them as much at Tanner, Toman....

Talk about firing Holbrook after 3 years is insane. Won't happen. Greg Marshall example is different because Hyman had a chance to hire him TWICE when the job was OPEN. This job is not open, nor should it be.

Also, as much as I root for Monty Lee, He's not quite the slam dunk hire that most people knew Greg Marshall would have been.

In addition, if hired Monty Lee and he didn't make it to Omaha in his first 3 years, would you race to message boards to fire him too. If so, why would he want to take the job. He could go to Clemson where expectations have gone down since Leggett is washed up and has been for a while.

Food for thought.

Originally posted by Hanahan Bill:

Let's not pull a Gregg Marshall here and wait till it's too late. Lee has a great record at CofC and in the top

25 the last couple of years with a SUPER REGIONAL last year. (something we couldn't do). He is one of the

best young coaches out there, but someone is going to grab him up soon. (Let's hope it's not the PUSSYCATS).

Wake up Ray and jump on this opportunity, after all he is one of your BOYS.
ok im right behind you....who the hell is we? WE DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT....and no matter how hard yall try your comments here aint changing anything....yall need to relax and let everything play out....but im afraid your feelings are gonna get hurt if you expect a different coach in any sport next year.....it aint happening...and all the time that you guys have spent whining about it is time you will never get back....sorry

every night I get home and see a "we need to replace Holbrook post."

.........I use to watch reruns of Seinfeld, but reading ," fire", "replace" Holbrook topics are more entertaining

Gamecock baseball has been a passion for me since I was a kid and is my favorite gamecock sport. I've never posted to a message board before but I've been listening and reading a lot of different opinions on the recent drop in success of the baseball team and I can't help but feel that the decline is the tip of the iceberg and it is hard watching the one men's program that most others envy and respect go down so far so fast. Take it for what it's worth but a few things I see with this team with Holbrook at the helm are, no discipline at the plate,batters have to have an approach when they enter the box and from what I see they are too quick to chase pitches out of the zone and don't seem to have any idea how to work the pitcher. One of the starting pitchers looks out of shape and several have big problems with location. Defensively it's about putting the pieces together in the right spot and positioning during the game. I watched 2 Lh hitters for miss st get doubles b/c the right fielder was too far off the line, should have been singles. That's coaching. When Holbrook took over he immediately moved Vergason , who had played great at 2b, to 3b and LB dantzler to 1st to make room for shrocks bat. By the time sec play rolled around LB was dh with Martin at 1b and Vergason struggled throughout the season. I heard jay Phillips on the radio making excuses saying the tanner had Roth who was a 1b man turn into a pitcher, and Price, and Wingo. Who does he think put them in a position to help the team be successful ? The head coach did. Holbrook seems in over his head as a head coach and I'm afraid Gamecock baseball fans are going to have to endure at least one more season of the current decline. One bright spot though is Holbrook is a good recruiter so whoever ends up taking over should be able to right the ship fairly quick.

Bushmaster Cock, you make a lot of sense. Baseball is my favorite Gamecock sport also.

It is very sad to see it going down in a spiral and no stop in sight. I am a 35 year member

and will stick with them. I went to the college world series 4 times and would love to go back

with the Gamecocks.

Originally posted by Black Cock Down:
Monte Lee won't ever coach here. Chad gets 6 years regardless.
No way it's even close to 6 years if we keep going down the toilet this bad.

Jim Toman would be a good hire. He can coach, and he's very likeable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT