ADVERTISEMENT

We embarrassed all the national media pundits this season...

TheRoosterGuru

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2009
There is a reason everyone is doing the safe thing and saying we're going to be failures this season. 2014 was probably the only season in the history of our program big name media guys actually gave us some great hype and even some guys picked us to go 12-2. 13-1. They're just trying to save face now. I don't blame them.

That said, I honestly think they were a year off. This year is going to be our year. We will go 10-2. 11-1. Maybe even win the SEC and contend for a play off spot. Just watch. I knew for a fact we were too good to be true last season. Just wasn't until about the 2nd quarter of the aTm game that it actually hit me.

We didn't embarrass them, they embarrassed themselves, but then again they do so every year as they have no idea what they are talking about most of the time. I couldn't care less what they say or predict as they are almost always wrong. It makes you wonder how most of these idiots keep their jobs.

Reactions: jweaks
There is a reason everyone is doing the safe thing and saying we're going to be failures this season. 2014 was probably the only season in the history of our program big name media guys actually gave us some great hype and even some guys picked us to go 12-2. 13-1. They're just trying to save face now. I don't blame them.

That said, I honestly think they were a year off. This year is going to be our year. We will go 10-2. 11-1. Maybe even win the SEC and contend for a play off spot. Just watch. I knew for a fact we were too good to be true last season. Just wasn't until about the 2nd quarter of the aTm game that it actually hit me.
Man I'd love to say I agree and hope Im missing the boat, but I just don't see us as a 10+ win team until recruiting improves a lot, and Im not talking just being in the top 25 in recruiting rankings.

Spurrier, and I know he'd argue this until he took his last breath, is not Rumplestiltskin and can't take the talent level of players we recruit and make us national contenders, which is what you are suggesting with winning that many games.

Im all for us shocking the world, but I think the best case scenario we can expect would be an 8 or 9 win season. If we get to 9 it will be Spurriers best job while at SoCarolina.

LOL. You really think the national media guys feel in anyway embarrassed because our defense was way more terrible than anyone had forseen? Don't be ridiculous. They don't care that much. They have no investment it what kind of season one team had. They're just doing their job.

I think they saw the talent, though young, saw the coaching, and noticed the momentum. What they failed to realize were the growing pains from losing Clowney, Quarles, Bruce, and Shaw to name a few. They also did not know, and neither did we, that the defensive scheme change was going to make it worse.
All that being said, I do not know if we can be that good, but I know we are going to be much better.
GO COCKS!!!

Title of the thread meant to say this past season...or last year.

Everybody who doesn't know it, the poster who starts a new thread can edit the title of that thread. First, go back to the original post. If I recall correctly, there's an dropdown for "Tool" on the righthand side, just above the body of the post. Clicking on it should give you a command to edit the title. I don't think that anyone can change the title of a thread on a reply, though. At least, I haven't found a way to do it.

While I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm for your team and the prospects of a much improved defense I dont think you will win 10 or more games. Next year (2016) this number is a distinct possibility.

Over/Under total regular season wins 9.5 (just to be clear its the 12 games that are on the schedule right now)
You get the over I get the under
Loser pays $50 to a charity chosen by the winner

You in?

Only teams
While I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm for your team and the prospects of a much improved defense I dont think you will win 10 or more games. Next year (2016) this number is a distinct possibility.

Over/Under total regular season wins 9.5 (just to be clear its the 12 games that are on the schedule right now)
You get the over I get the under
Loser pays $50 to a charity chosen by the winner

You in?

I only take one bet per season. I already got a $100 bet with 4forcu that Carolina will win 8 or more games this season.

7 to 8 line likely, would like to see 8 to 9, I don't think 10 is possible this year. Too many question marks all around the ball this year. Carolina will surprise a team or two this year, but i think we stand to loose a close one or two that we should have won.

I dreamed last night that we beat aTm, fwiw.... (which is absolutely nothing - LOL)

Man I hope you are right. I'd be one of the happiest guys around if we won 10+ games this year.....especially with the players we would have coming back for 2016. I think if we can get to 9 wins that would be a fantastic year and set us up for another strong run in 2016-2017.

I think we will all know a ton about the Gamecocks after week three. Come out of the Georgia game 3-0 and you will be poised for a 9 win season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT