ADVERTISEMENT

We helped get Muschamp fired in 2014

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
Came from behind to beat UF in the swamp in 2014 in OT in a game they should have won but found a way to lose. That was a typical outcome for UF under Muschamp. Ray, were you watching that game? We took a big gamble on Muschamp. We'll see if it ever pays off.

Reactions: sadd66
Get a real OC and this team can win some games. Play calling now is like yahtzee.

What is the point of your post?

Get a real OC and this team can win some games. Play calling now is like yahtzee.

What is the point of your post?

Yeah b/c in the 7 years "champ" has been a head coach , he has always needed a "real OC". He needs to be a coordinator he is not head coach material. Not in the SEC at least.

Yeah b/c in the 7 years "champ" has been a head coach , he has always needed a "real OC". He needs to be a coordinator he is not head coach material. Not in the SEC at least.
I totally agree. What part of my post says differently? At Florida he had no say in OC position. He had the decison here, and he hired his Georgia buddy instead of a proven OC. My point is that it appears McClendon is pulling plays out of a hat...this offense has no identity.
This is Muschamp's last chance as HC at a D1 program. Next year won't count because of the brutal schedule, but he needs to make a better choice at OC to secure his job.

I totally agree. What part of my post says differently? At Florida he had no say in OC position. He had the decison here, and he hired his Georgia buddy instead of a proven OC. My point is that it appears McClendon is pulling plays out of a hat...this offense has no identity.
This is Muschamp's last chance as HC at a D1 program. Next year won't count because of the brutal schedule, but he needs to make a better choice at OC to secure his job.
I say McClendon is going nowhere and will remain as OC because Muschamp will be loyal to him.

The whole Mcclendon hire seemed to be a hail marry hire. This whole "next year won't count b/c of a brutal schedule" is the reason we will forever drown in mediocrity. We should expect progress, if your not moving forward your moving backwards.

The whole Mcclendon hire seemed to be a hail marry hire. This whole "next year won't count b/c of a brutal schedule" is the reason we will forever drown in mediocrity. We should expect progress, if your not moving forward your moving backwards.
It was not a "hail mary" hire. It was a "my friend" hire. He had other, proven guys who could do the job.
Next year will be a max 7-win season regardless of the staff.
Lastly, don't expect any more than mediocrity with this program.

It was not a "hail mary" hire. It was a "my friend" hire. He had other, proven guys who could do the job.
Next year will be a max 7-win season regardless of the staff.
Lastly, don't expect any more than mediocrity with this program.
Unfortunately, I think Muschamp was a hail mary hire. Tanner had a 3-4 month head start on finding a replacement for SS, yet was one of the last major HC jobs filled.

The worst thing about Champ being here is we don’t get to play him at Florida every year now . That gave us a fighting chance . Mullen will have them competing with UGA very soon , maybe this year and UT is on the rise too .

Tanner is a hillbilly. Seriously, what did you people expect? Champ is not a head coach. But we have to put up with it for 2.5 more years. However, one thing is certain. My butt won’t be in the seats. It’s the only way to show my displeasure with the people in charge. They are highly paid incompetents.

Reactions: Sumptacock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT