ADVERTISEMENT

We like you Vic Schaefer, but damm, what's the excuse this time?

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
Last year you claimed your team wasn't mature enough. You told TV's Holly Rowe that your team ran out of gas. As least the Starkville sports writers know you simply lost last year to the better team.

Vic, this was your year. With 4 really good seniors and a 6'7'' junior...are you kidding.....

(Actually Vic, you should have lost to Louisville. We all know # 15 fouled the Louisville player while she attempted a last second game winning layup in regulation.. The refs were blind or just didn't have the guts to blow the whistle. The TV announcers saw it...#15 knocked her into the photo gallery.)

A 15 point lead Vic! I feel for your players. I feel for the Miss St. fans. I feel bad for the SEC. I just don't know how I feel about you Vic.

Reactions: danh011
Unfortunately, right after a loss, reporters want to put you on the spot and ask why. Even though they lost, Mississippi St is obviously a good team. Maybe he gave an honest answer.

Ease up man. You obviously had money on Mississippi State. Make smarter bets. That how Vic probably feels about you as he gets a pay increase.

Simply upset that an SEC team that I have followed for the last few seasons lost in such a manner.

Vic did not coach well at the end especially on the last play . But then again, McGowan missed from point blank to seal the deal. She is just so uncoordinated.

Reactions: lawcalcock
The OP is failing to acknowledge that there were 5 players on the court with different uniforms who were trying to win as well.

Were mistakes made, sure, but as I was told long ago, every game is perfect till the referee blows the whistle to begin play.

Vic did not coach well at the end especially on the last play . But then again, McGowan missed from point blank to seal the deal. She is just so uncoordinated.

I hate to say it, but MSU had two flaws...McGowan lumbering (lack of athleticism, really where Asia kills them) and the coach’s kid jacking it up with bricks. Still, I lost no sleep over this game.

She missed 5 or 6 easy shots under the basket. That's the reason they lost the game. Plus the idiot ref's not calling a foul on ND at he end.

She missed 5 or 6 easy shots under the basket. That's the reason they lost the game. Plus the idiot ref's not calling a foul on ND at he end.
Any fan of women's basketball knows you aren't get to get equitable calls vs UConn and Notre Dame.. I posted before the final that MissSt would not get the sweet calls vs ND that they got vs Louisville

Last year you claimed your team wasn't mature enough. You told TV's Holly Rowe that your team ran out of gas. As least the Starkville sports writers know you simply lost last year to the better team.

Vic, this was your year. With 4 really good seniors and a 6'7'' junior...are you kidding.....

(Actually Vic, you should have lost to Louisville. We all know # 15 fouled the Louisville player while she attempted a last second game winning layup in regulation.. The refs were blind or just didn't have the guts to blow the whistle. The TV announcers saw it...#15 knocked her into the photo gallery.)

A 15 point lead Vic! I feel for your players. I feel for the Miss St. fans. I feel bad for the SEC. I just don't know how I feel about you Vic.
Lay off the guy. He drew up a great play for the Big girl and she flat out blew the layup. In the end it all comes down to execution.

Reactions: vacock#
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT