ADVERTISEMENT

We need a big boddied RB

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008
a BRUISER. Someone who does the long strive gallop down the field! 6’2” or so, about 240lbs... someone like Bama seems to churn out on the regular. If we added a guy like that to iur rotation with Turner, Dowdle and Denson, we would have everything from scar back to bruiser and mutliple sizes in between.. It just feels like all our guys are pretty similar in size and ability. Would be nice to jave someone who can get a little more pish at the LOS..

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Rico Dowdle is a bruiser when he is healthy. He's listed at 5'11 and 220 pounds. I wouldn't be surprised if he has success at the next level.

We're good at running back. Going forward, I think we're good on offense almost everywhere. I wish our QB was less erratic. The accuracy issues are one thing; the willingness to risk the football is another matter.
How can u say we good on offense as long as Roper is here

a BRUISER. Someone who does the long strive gallop down the field! 6’2” or so, about 240lbs... someone like Bama seems to churn out on the regular. If we added a guy like that to iur rotation with Turner, Dowdle and Denson, we would have everything from scar back to bruiser and mutliple sizes in between.. It just feels like all our guys are pretty similar in size and ability. Would be nice to jave someone who can get a little more pish at the LOS..
How about Markway

Pretty damned easy to call a run when you have a dominating OL. Takes a genius to do that.
If you want to know the God's honest truth I think the OL has shown more improvement than any other position on offense. QB hasn't shown any improvement, in fact that position has regressed. Teams aren't stupid, they are smart enough to take a chance at Jake beating them. I can't believe some of the decisions I'm seeing from a second year starting QB. Never used to put the ball in jeopardy, now he puts it in jeopardy all the time. I know people will say his 3 picks last weekend were a first, but they really weren't. He's been throwing the ball into coverage all year, his pocket awareness has been below average all year, his heaving it up on a whim and a prayer has been going on all year. Florida was just the first team that was able to make him pay for it. Someone made the comment that he can't differentiate between man to man and Zone and I think that might be somewhat true. I know he can't read a pre-snap blitz or recognize when he has single coverage. I know that because I'm watching it. They're doubling Edwards and yet he still stares him down.

The reason I know the OL has improved is their pass blocking has become MUCH better.

You are right. It would be very nice. Muschamp has done a very good job with running backs. I am very happy watching the guys we have run. They are fast.

I think you're saying we need George Rogers.

Fenwick will play at close to 220... Seems to have pretty good vision and tough to get clean hit on him. I don't think you can have enough solid RBs. Not sure we have a real "playmaker" here or committed (Valentine is fast but recovering from ACL so probably RS) but we could use one. Its hard to find a player who can get the tough yards but is also a threat to take it to the house.

Takes an idiot to call back to back dive plays when your o line is getting blown up and yet roper continues to do it
You're talking about the ones on 3rd and 4th down? Looked at those a few times. The first looked every bit a called play, but if you watch Jake, the second looked like a RPO that Jake didn't read properly....he should have kept the ball based on what the DE did and ran the ball himself...the DE crashed on the RB leaving a gap outside the tackle.

Takes an idiot to call back to back dive plays when your o line is getting blown up and yet roper continues to do it
I don't like the way teams today attempt dive plays in obvious short-yardage situations without loading up the formation in a manner that increases the chances of success. You almost never see fullbacks and two tight ends anymore.

Focus. I was addressing the personnel side. Roper gets another year. That year will tell the tale. You might as well resign yourself to that.
Yep. U know why Bama is so good? They wouldn’t just give someone another year hoping they would become something they are not. If you always do what you always done you will always get what you always got

Yep. U know why Bama is so good? They wouldn’t just give someone another year hoping they would become something they are not. If you always do what you always done you will always get what you always got
He needs to get us up at least into the middle of the pack on offense. If he can't do that, his need to go will be obvious to all - or should be.

Bama is good because they are absolutely loaded with 4 and 5 star players. Simple as that.

Reactions: funktavious
Focus. I was addressing the personnel side. Roper gets another year. That year will tell the tale. You might as well resign yourself to that.

This. Muschamp's problem at UF wasn't Roper; it was having 3 OCs in 4 years.

We're 7-3 right now because we have some stability in our program while UF and UT are "dumpster fires", as some posters love to point out. At the same time some of the same posters want us to fire coaches, which makes no sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT