ADVERTISEMENT

We shocked Missouri

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
They came out all fired up and jumping around expecting a win but they forgot we did too. All that talk about their high powered scoring machine didn't scare our staff they are great at game planning. We are in great condition and apparently deeper at some spots than we thought but Missouri was looking for last years team to show up but they were left in last year. WB will be rocking this Saturday and Kensucky will be put back in their rightful place as a basketball school. This ain't no fluke folks we are pretty good but it's a long season but I like what I'm seeing.

Mizzou and Kentucky both sandbag. Mizzou is a decent team and Kentucky is also. Kentucky is going to try to run it down our throat. We will get to see if we can play physical teams......this is another big test. Looking at Stallworth and co...this is their week to shine.

Who has Kentacky played and beaten this year. Didn't some "experts" pick them as an East Darkhorse this year?

Who has Kentacky played and beaten this year. Didn't some "experts" pick them as an East Darkhorse this year?

Nobody. They beat Sourthern Miss and Eastern Kentucky...barely. However...they will show up to play this game and nothing should be assumed about them based off the first two games. They will come in believing they are more than just capable of winning this game....and the truth is they should feel that way. They have physically beaten us for the last few years. We need to change this dynamic.

Look at the bright side maybe we'll lose and you will be closer to being right. You're mistaking this team with last years team King last years team would be 0-2.
I think we will win. I don't expect a cakewalk unless we can get Kentucky to quit like Mizzou did. It's not likely they will do that.

Mizzou and Kentucky both sandbag. Mizzou is a decent team and Kentucky is also. Kentucky is going to try to run it down our throat. We will get to see if we can play physical teams......this is another big test. Looking at Stallworth and co...this is their week to shine.

KY ain't runnin it down anyone's throat.

Reactions: cocky4
The "wildcat" ate us alive. I don't think they will have similar success this year. We will contain their offense this year. Just a matter if who scores more points. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that Jake is much more settled down at Billy Brice. If he plays the same as he did on the road, I'm predicting 24-21 USC. If he plays spot on, like I've seen him do, then 31-17, USC.

There is no talent pool at Kensucky they were terrible against W Kensucky until Shell just got back in the game.
They have better talent than three years ago, however, they suffered critical injury losses just before the season started. Our talent is at least equal. With home field advantage, we should win. Just don't know if it will be a nail biter.

The "wildcat" ate us alive. I don't think they will have similar success this year. We will contain their offense this year. Just a matter if who scores more points. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that Jake is much more settled down at Billy Brice. If he plays the same as he did on the road, I'm predicting 24-21 USC. If he plays spot on, like I've seen him do, then 31-17, USC.
They'll be lucky to get 17 points and hold us to 31.

I think that we are in physical better shape than the last two teams.
They came out all fired up and jumping around expecting a win but they forgot we did too. All that talk about their high powered scoring machine didn't scare our staff they are great at game planning. We are in great condition and apparently deeper at some spots than we thought but Missouri was looking for last years team to show up but they were left in last year. WB will be rocking this Saturday and Kensucky will be put back in their rightful place as a basketball school. This ain't no fluke folks we are pretty good but it's a long season but I like what I'm seeing.
reading this board you would have thought our season was over and people were actually dumping on Jake. We must be the most manic depressive fan base, or maybe that is just the nature of message boards

Reactions: CMac3428
They've been just good enough to beat us while we were at our worst, (Atleast this century). It's time for that sh%# to stop. Talent pool or not

You are exactly right....that has to stop. I hope the team understands the significance of this game and the particular place that each program see themselves as. There are a number of games we want to win...and I think we will get a number of those this year. This game though we NEED to win. It will not be the end of the world if it does not happen...but it will definitely be a huge kick in the nuts...if we wanting to start talking about us walking upright again as a program.

Our guys are going to have to sack up this game....cause Kentucky believes they are much tougher than we are and are planning on showing that. We been doing good...but this Kentucky team does rely on power play more than the past two teams..and we have had a history of not really wanting to get down and dirty with those type teams. IMO this is when we see how good a coach Will Muschamp will become. He loves that type of football and I bet he is looking forward to this one. I bet he wants to see how much his imprint has been stamped on this team thus far...see if our team will embrace a hard football game.

This is a big one...I want to see how tough we can play.

One of the commentators, near the end of Saturday night's game, said, and I'm paraphrasing, USC has a legitimate shot at the SEC East but said something about our defensive depth being the only hold back but some of those questions were answered in a positive way Saturday night.

Reactions: BigTomE
I think that we are in physical better shape than the last two teams.

reading this board you would have thought our season was over and people were actually dumping on Jake. We must be the most manic depressive fan base, or maybe that is just the nature of message boards
You have to remember; "fan" is short for "fanatic". Can a fanatic be expected to be rational? We're all fans here. :)

I was present at the "coming out" of Alshon against UK his freshman year. For some reason, I have a feeling this game might go that way. I believe we scored 42 that day and Alshon had multiple touchdowns and a 20+ YPC. Of course, I could be wrong and we should be pleased with a win against a team that owns a 3-game streak against us.

Agreed, but we can't afford injuries to Bentley or the D or we are screwed.

NCST is better than KY and we have KY at home, which is our first home game and recognizing a 2-0 team coming home. KY is 2-0 too, but barely won two games at home against cupcakes. Playing on the road in the SEC is extremely tough no matter the opponent.

While one never knows what can happen in a game, I would be shock to see very many KY fans still in the stands during the 4th quarter. I am expecting at least a 2TD margin in the win. Something like 38-20.

NCST is better than KY and we have KY at home, which is our first home game and recognizing a 2-0 team coming home. KY is 2-0 too, but barely won two games at home against cupcakes. Playing on the road in the SEC is extremely tough no matter the opponent.

While one never knows what can happen in a game, I would be shock to see very many KY fans still in the stands during the 4th quarter. I am expecting at least a 2TD margin in the win. Something like 38-20.

My is capable. They knocked off Louisville on the road at the end of last year. They are 9-3 in their last 12 regular season games. They can't be overlooked. The only game they were out of in that stretch was Bama.

My is capable. They knocked off Louisville on the road at the end of last year. They are 9-3 in their last 12 regular season games. They can't be overlooked. The only game they were out of in that stretch was Bama.
Never saying they aren't capable. I think any team is capable of winning or losing each week. Please note KY was 7-6 last year including their bowl win. They were 1-3 in SEC road games last year. The road in the SEC is hard.

I am just saying KY is not any better than us and we are at home. There is a reason we are nearly seven point favorites - home field advantage (3 pts) and better team (3-4 pts) according to Vegas.

But, they play the game because you never know.

DO NOT EXPECT THE WILDCAT!!! When we go to that formation we are one dimensional. IF we line up in that offense you can guarantee a run up the middle between the tackles. Hell we spread 3 WR out and EKU only had one guy covering all three if that tells you anything.

USC will win but it wont be a blow out like Mizzu. At least I hope.

DO NOT EXPECT THE WILDCAT!!! When we go to that formation we are one dimensional. IF we line up in that offense you can guarantee a run up the middle between the tackles. Hell we spread 3 WR out and EKU only had one guy covering all three if that tells you anything.

USC will win but it wont be a blow out like Mizzu. At least I hope.

I expect you to run it. Your coach's statement is misdirection. You will run it til we figure out how to stop Snell - if we can.

Snell is banged up with rib injuries. Jon Toth was our OL general last year. His replacement is good but not great. All his snaps to a 5'11 Snell are high which gives the defense time to key in. Not only that but the game plan of running up the middle is wasteful.

All UK fans are fed up with the gimmick offense and looking for a balanced run/pass game that is successful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT