ADVERTISEMENT

Weather in the Upstate

GoLongT

Dec 31, 2006
It is freakin pouring down rain here lol. I don't think Clemson fans realize just how stupid they will look being at a football game in this mess when they could watch it on tv. If I was a student I would probably go but a grown -ass man should have more sense

More sense?

Other than the eight fumbles, four of which we lost - the blocked kick recovered for a TD in our end zone and the TD we had called back ( we wuz ROBBED!!!) ... ultimately losing 10-0 I've rarely enjoyed a game more than standing up the whole game in Carter-Findley to keep the rain out of my pants watching Lou's 1st game as HBC at USC.

I was 49 at the time, certainly 'full-grown' watching with my then 11th-grader son, his buddy and my buddy who drove up from Florence to meet us.

I was VERY happy to be driving my trusty Chevy Blazer that day/night 'cause as bad as it was 'inside' the stadium it was awful 'outside' ... sedans by the dozens were stuck everywhere trying to get 'out' of there ... it was a regular obstacle course.

MEMORIES! Even got an e-mail from that 'son' last night with the message "think the clemson game will be worse that what we saw?" (He's a UVA grad and actually keeps up with the whole conference)

I don't think so. Now - if they were playing in downtown Charleston - MAYBE. My son-in-law owns a business on Market Street and people were already kayaking by his front doors yesterday. Charleston is getting hammered downtown. I AM feeling guilty (but good) having begged off one of my friend's daughter's 'formal' wedding in 'downtown' Charleston scheduled for later today. I hate wearing a tux to a wedding anyway.

Well, it's 8 AM! Time to start thinking about 'pre-game'!!!

GO 'COCKS! Beat Mizzou!!!

Reactions: bmhood1984
It is freakin pouring down rain here lol. I don't think Clemson fans realize just how stupid they will look being at a football game in this mess when they could watch it on tv. If I was a student I would probably go but a grown -ass man should have more sense
I was in Raleigh in '99 and sat on the that small hill for Lou's first game. I've never seen or sat through anything like that before or since. The closest was the hall of fame bowl in '79 in Birmingham but that is still a distant second.

I was in Raleigh in '99 and sat on the that small hill for Lou's first game. I've never seen or sat through anything like that before or since. The closest was the hall of fame bowl in '79 in Birmingham but that is still a distant second.

I lucked out in Birmingham in '79. We had seats in the lower bowl under the upper deck. Stayed dry as toast, but I really felt sorry for those poor folks sitting out in the open. It's a miracle they didn't drown!

The drive back to Atlanta was pretty miserable after we got beat by a very beefy Mizzou team. Had to go to Atlanta for the night - those yahoos in 'Bumingham' had overbooked every motel in the city.

The Hall of Fame bowl and the East Carolina game in the Brad Scott years was the worst I ever sat through, with ECU being the worst of those 2 by far.
Didn't make the NC State game.

Didn't help that we lost those either.

I have to disagree with you. Anyone who shows up in this is a true fan. So the fans are just supposed to abandon their team because of rain? The job of the fans is to show up and be loud. They are also playing Notre Dame. It doesn't happen often. I'd be out there in it if it was Notre Dame and USC. I'll let the panty waist fans like yourself sit at home with your little snuggie and your tampon.

I have to disagree with you. Anyone who shows up in this is a true fan. So the fans are just supposed to abandon their team because of rain? The job of the fans is to show up and be loud. They are also playing Notre Dame. It doesn't happen often. I'd be out there in it if it was Notre Dame and USC. I'll let the panty waist fans like yourself sit at home with your little snuggie and your tampon.
Nothing panty waist about me. I played sports for years and for that reason my body hurts when its raining and I'm inside. I wouldn't be able to move the next day if I sat out in this. But you keep hiding behind your keyboard Mr True fan

So if nobody showed up you would also be first to make a post how we aren't true fans because we cannot face weather

Reactions: bcs summa
Since when did grown men have sense? It's a ball game, for the love of it.

Reactions: cockynSC66
i live in anderson and it aint doing jack......hardly rained at all

It sure was muddy @ Gameday. The fans will want to go but unfortunately Clemson doesn't have the parking facilties for this type of weather. The fans that want to see the game will have to ride around searching for parking. The university and city will make a fortune writing parking tickets and towing cars....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT