ADVERTISEMENT

Weather wise, I'm glad I'll be at home at 7:30 rather than freezing in W-B

That Arkansas game when Spurrier was coach that we got behind big and came back to win at the end was pretty cold too.

Honestly both teams suck and will be trotting out a backup QB. Not sure who really is motivated in this one. Maybe no one.

The fans that decide to freeze their butt of for 5 hours with the current state of the program really deserve some sort of reward. Unfortunately the only one they’ll be getting is another donor email.

That Arkansas game when Spurrier was coach that we got behind big and came back to win at the end was pretty cold too.

Honestly both teams suck and will be trotting out a backup QB. Not sure who really is motivated in this one. Maybe no one.

The fans that decide to freeze their butt of for 5 hours with the current state of the program really deserve some sort of reward. Unfortunately the only one they’ll be getting is another donor email.
Except UF is not really trotting out a backup QB. Jones has been their primary starter all season. He is their best passing QB by far and the teams best rusher. And, those are the type of QBs who have destroyed us in the past.

Reactions: PC31
Except UF is not really trotting out a backup QB. Jones has been their primary starter all season. He is their best passing QB by far and the teams best rusher. And, those are the type of QBs who have destroyed us in the past.
Yeah you have a point but let’s be honest even if he sat Florida would still win.

Not that I’m going but temp on my weather app shows 54 at kickoff. I know the wind can make a significant difference but it doesn’t sound like it will be epic. The worst one I’ve been to was the Hall of Fame bowl in Birmingham circa 1978-79. Cold and rainy. And we lost.

Reactions: bascock
The State fair, an ass whipping at A&M, a bye week and now weather issues.

It's 50 degrees with a constant wind in Greenville.

Fans need to prepare to be chilly and somewhat uncomfortable. No rain hopefully.

Best regards, the Weather Guru

The coldest game I can ever remember was when Spurrier came in to WB (2001) and beat the living crap out of us.

I was there at that 2000 game in Section 9. I agree with you. I sat through the 1995 game mentioned above, I sat through the Hurricane game at NC State for Lou's first game and kept sliding down the bank in the endzone, I was at an East Carolina game in the mid 90s where it poured and poured. In fact, I was at every home game from 1993 - 2006 and a lot of the away games. But that 2000 game with that nasty, cold wind was the worst.

It was actually clear but the wind came in that afternoon and was brutal. It was cold- but the wind made it unbearable and I still remember Elijah Williams outrunning everyone on our team.

Yes, I'm glad I'm sitting at home. I thought about going out in the backyard and setting up my projector and playing the game on the back of my house as I do sometimes, but it's just too cold and uncomfortable.

I'm turning on my gas logs and will catch a little of the game that way - at least though the 1st quarter, then when it's out of reach I'll put on a movie.

As far as at WB, the "Rod-ney" game was one of the worst as far as cold that I remember. One of the Mississippi State games had rivers of water running down the tiers (but it wasn't that cold).
Yeah the Rodney game was pretty cold. My buddy and I had already drank our bottles of "antifreeze" by halftime. Worth it tho.

The coldest game I can ever remember was when Spurrier came in to WB (2001) and beat the living crap out of us.
No one has mentioned the Liberty Bowl loss vs Indiana. It was really cold, game time temps in the 30s. Woke up at the hotel the next morning with snow on the ground. Still think weather was part of the outcome. IU team had the big oversized coats to wear on the sidelines to stay warm. Our team was dressed like they were playing in Miami.

Funny thing about that cold weather last night. I put on layers and had the most fun I’ve had at a Carolina Game since about 2014! Those that had tickets and stayed home, the joke is on you. You missed a really good environment at WB last night.

No one has mentioned the Liberty Bowl loss vs Indiana. It was really cold, game time temps in the 30s. Woke up at the hotel the next morning with snow on the ground. Still think weather was part of the outcome. IU team had the big oversized coats to wear on the sidelines to stay warm. Our team was dressed like they were playing in Miami.
Coldest game I ever went to. Only heat was in the bathrooms. All and all it was a miserable trip. Almost forgot, "Papas In The House" those that were there know what I'm talking about. LOL

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
The 1995 Florida game was the coldest I recall in Williams-Brice, but it felt a lot colder once we got down by 50 points. lol

Seriously, some of y'all need to man-up. If a game in the 40s is enough to make you stay home, that's pretty sad. That is normal football weather over a large swath of the country. At the very least, don't complain about noon kickoffs in September any more.

I was there at that 2000 game in Section 9. I agree with you. I sat through the 1995 game mentioned above, I sat through the Hurricane game at NC State for Lou's first game and kept sliding down the bank in the endzone, I was at an East Carolina game in the mid 90s where it poured and poured. In fact, I was at every home game from 1993 - 2006 and a lot of the away games. But that 2000 game with that nasty, cold wind was the worst.

It was actually clear but the wind came in that afternoon and was brutal. It was cold- but the wind made it unbearable and I still remember Elijah Williams outrunning everyone on our team.

Yes, I'm glad I'm sitting at home. I thought about going out in the backyard and setting up my projector and playing the game on the back of my house as I do sometimes, but it's just too cold and uncomfortable.

I'm turning on my gas logs and will catch a little of the game that way - at least though the 1st quarter, then when it's out of reach I'll put on a movie.
I went to the Peach Bowl in 1969 (I think) against West Virginia coached by Jim Carlen. Think we lost. Game was at Georgia Tech. Don't remember it being particularly cold but it rained like hell entire game. Sat through it all and was drenched. I was young and foolish and had on Weejuns (loved them). Next morning the toes of my beloved Weejuns were turned up like elf shoes. Threw them away. Worse game ever.

Lots of pansies on this board. It never got below 45 degrees last night. Just learn how to dress. Layers are your friend and those little handwarmer packets from Walmart last for hours!

You have every right to spend money as you see fit, but as I've always seen it, you only get 7 home games per year, so I never understood why people opt out "because the weather is bad (it's too hot or too cold)" or "the opponent is an FCS team" or "the Gamecocks suck."

I don't like losing but I enjoy going with my kids to see it through their eyes. Not only did you miss a great showing by USC, but you missed an amazing halftime show.

Man up folks!

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT