ADVERTISEMENT

Weigman possibly will get start for Texas A&M vs South Carolina

Just for grins, I thought y'all might like to see what Texas fans (including many stupid jerks) are saying about the Texas A&M-South Carolina game:

I never thought I'd say this, but I hope Spencer Rattler obliterates that defense.

And they’ll promptly lose again to Spencer rattler, cock commander

Damn. The only QB (Weigman) on the roster with any talent, and now they will have to let him play. I was looking forward to more ineptitude.

Rattler is awful. So much so that I think the aggy D can win this one alone.

eh, never thought I would root for Spencer Rattler in my life, but sure will that day. Of course, I would root for The University of the Taliban against those bastards.

True freshmen QBs never play for Jimbo for a reason. His playbook isn't freshman friendly.

This. I’d be SHOCKED if SC didn’t get that win. aggy may not score 10

I been saying it for months. uSC winning.

That would be meltdown of all meltdowns, but I don't see it happening. USoCar just isn't good. Maybe the good (decent) Rattler shows up and they score some points, but I just don't see a W happening. Obviously, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Didn't uSC just beat a Kentucky team minus their starting QB? All in saying is there is a chance of the Cocks beating aggy.

Well, Weigman is practicing with the ones today, so I don't think he's really resting

South Carolina isn't very good

uSC is better than App State.

Didn’t they just go into Kentucky and win? I’m not saying they are good but are we to think a true freshmen, in his first start, on the road, is gonna be better than Haynes king????

If Weigman starts, the offense will be in a 20 yard box. He looks ok on short routes, his deep balls really float.

Thread on texags says King is in a boot and has a broken rib. South Carolina game is on the 22nd

This season SC probably isn’t quit as good as App State, who ran the train in aTm…. so aTm has a chance. This considered it should be a good game.

Last edited:
This season SC probably isn’t quit as good as App State, who ran the train in aTm…. so aTm has a chance. This considered it should be a good game.

They didn't "run the train" on TAMU. It was a fluke 3 point early season win over a TAMU team that was struggling to find a QB. App St has since lost to James Madison and Texas St. App St occasionally gets a "their superbowl" win against a P5 team, but that's it.

They are not better than us. Shiny object syndrome.

App St has since lost to James Madison and Texas St. App St occasionally gets a "their superbowl" win against a P5 team, but that's it.
Texas State is not good. I don't know how they won that game. UT-Austin is big enough, if we took an all star team of their intramural players, I think we could give Texas State a good game. Maybe need a few lineman. Hard to fathom.

They didn't "run the train" on TAMU. It was a fluke 3 point early season win over a TAMU team that was struggling to find a QB. App St has since lost to James Madison and Texas St. App St occasionally gets a "their superbowl" win against a P5 team, but that's it.

They are not better than us. Shiny object syndrome.
Not much of a "fluke". Texas am is ass

app st-315 total yards
Texas am- 180 total yards

app 22 first downs
tex am- 9 first downs

app top- 41 mins top
tex am- 18 mins top

Not much of a "fluke". Texas am is ass

app st-315 total yards

app 22 first downs
tex am- 9 first downs

app top- 41 mins top
tex am- 18 mins top

Stats mean nothing once opinion has been offered.

You must don't know our history involving first time starters against us! He'll be in the Heisman discussions by season's end because of his game against us. Hell it's already happened against us involving A&M before!

Until we beat them once then I'm going to say we lose. They have our number. One ray of sunshine is that we usually are beat up pretty bad going into this game every year. We are in better health this time.

Reactions: gamecockblack
I've watched A&M a lot. They have massive talent, but many of those talented players don't seem to really care much. Their offense is poorly coached. Now starting a freshman who has never played. This is a real opportunity for SC. Their defense is much better coached and tries harder. A&M's Defensive backfield is A+

Stats mean nothing once opinion has been offered.

They mean nothing because they don't prove it wasn't a fluke. The fact that they turned around and lost to James Madison and Texas St proves it was.

Nobody here would give a flying flip about a win over TAMU if we turned around and lost to those 2 teams. Everyone would say it was luck or just a fluke win.

They mean nothing because they don't prove it wasn't a fluke. The fact that they turned around and lost to James Madison and Texas St proves it was.

Nobody here would give a flying flip about a win over TAMU if we turned around and lost to those 2 teams. Everyone would say it was luck or just a fluke win.
Or maybe...just maybe...Texas A&m is not a good football team. That's what it proves.

So, facts mean nothing because they don't back up your opinion.

This sentiment does not surprise me in the least coming from you.

Those fact mean nothing because they aren't relevant to the argument.

They could have beat TAMU by 30 and racked up 800 yards of offense, but it will still be a fluke win if they turn around and lose to Texas St and James Madison.

Kinda like when we beat #3 Georgia in 2019, and then proceeded to lose 5 of the next 6 games. We weren't a better team than Georgia that year, or even a good team period. Just got a fluke win.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Those fact mean nothing because they aren't relevant to the argument.

Them dominating those stats are very relevant to the argument. It shows it wasn't a fluke.

But I understand how it's important to you to ignore facts as they get in the way of your overly emotional rants. It's a pretty common pattern for you.

Last edited:
Them dominating those stats are very relevant to the argument. It shows it wasn't a fluke.

But I understand how it's important to you to ignore facts as they get in the way of your overly emotional rants. It's a pretty common pattern for you.

Idiotic. Winning a game, no matter the stats, doesn't prove or disprove the performance being a fluke. It's a sample size of ONE. What proves or disproves it being a fluke is being able to reproduce that performance. Getting your ass kicked by Texas St and James Madison PROVES it was a one game fluke.

You prefaced your own post perfectly.

Ignore the facts, stats be damned. Your opinion is all that matters. Pure idiocy.

It's not opinion. I'm not ignoring the facts, I'm stating them.

They shocked everyone by beating TAMU when they were 17 point underdogs, and when everyone jumped on their bandwagon and started nuthugging, they proceeded to PROVE it was just a FLUKE by losing to James Madison and Texas St.

It's not opinion. I'm not ignoring the facts, I'm stating them.

You're ignoring the facts that these stats show its not a fluke.

app st-315 total yards

app 22 first downs
tex am- 9 first downs

app top- 41 mins top
tex am- 18 mins top

But ignoring facts and stats to continue spouting overly emotional rants is pretty much your MO.

You're ignoring the facts that these stats show its not a fluke.

app st-315 total yards

app 22 first downs
tex am- 9 first downs

app top- 41 mins top
tex am- 18 mins top

But ignoring facts and stats to continue spouting overly emotional rants is pretty much your MO.

The stats are proof IT WAS A FLUKE. Otherwise, they would have been able to reproduce that effort instead of getting their ass beat by James Madison and Texas St.

Nothing emotional about it. Just fact. Perfect example of a fluke win, or either the most epic collapse in football history.

You either dont know what fluke means, or what proof means. Probably both.

But getting overly emotional does that to you.

Not only am I right, I called this exact scenario. I said it was a fluke multiple times and nobody would give a crap about App St in a few weeks when they lose to a couple of teams that nobody has even heard of, and that is EXACTLY what happened. If it wasn't a fluke, they don't lose to James Madison and Texas St.

https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/app-st.437557/#post-8677859

The "overly emotional" folks are the morons that jumped on their bandwagon because they aren't smart enough to recognize a fluke when it happens. Shiny object syndrome.

Not only am I right, I called this exact scenario. I said it was a fluke multiple times and nobody would give a crap about App St in a few weeks when they lose to a couple of teams that nobody has even heard of, and that is EXACTLY what happened. If it wasn't a fluke, they don't lose to James Madison and Texas St.

https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/app-st.437557/#post-8677859

The "overly emotional" folks are the morons that jumped on their bandwagon because they aren't smart enough to recognize a fluke when it happens. Shiny object syndrome.

I'm not sure bragging about predicting your emotional outbursts is a real good defense for having those emotional outbursts.

The game was not a fluke, the stats prove that. Did you need me to post them for you again, so you can hysterically rant while ignoring them? You seem to enjoy that so much.

I'm not sure bragging about predicting your emotional outbursts is a real good defense for having those emotional outbursts.

The game was not a fluke, the stats prove that. Did you need me to post them for you again, so you can hysterically rant while ignoring them? You seem to enjoy that so much.

Wrong, the stats prove it WAS a fluke. And losing the James Madison and Texas St support that fact. TAMU had a bad game where nothing went their way and App St played like it was their Superbowl. A fluke.

TAMU had 180 yards of offense against App St.
TAMU averaged over 351 yards of offense against Arkansas, Miss St, and Alabama.

Or maybe you really believe App St has one of the best defenses in the SEC West. LOL. Fluke.

TAMU had a bad game where nothing went their way and App St played like it was their Superbowl. A fluke.

Nothing like arguing against stats with vaguely unprovable opinions. (Seems the norm for you)

Here are those stats again. Not a fluke.

app st-315 total yards

app 22 first downs
tex am- 9 first downs

app top- 41 mins top
tex am- 18 mins top

And yes, I know you'll ignore them for another hysterical outburst.

Last edited:
Nothing like arguing against stats with vaguely unprovable opinions. (Seems the norm for you)

app st-315 total yards

app 22 first downs
tex am- 9 first downs

app top- 41 mins top
tex am- 18 mins top

In your honest opinion, if they played again, do you think App St would replicate those stats and that performance?

Reactions: gamecockblack
In your honest opinion, if they played again, do you think App St would replicate those stats and that performance?

I'm not sure any game would play out the exact same if replayed. (Like UK fans say about us)

But in general terms, yes, I think they'd still run on them and control the clock.

app st-315 total yards

app 22 first downs
tex am- 9 first downs

app top- 41 mins top
tex am- 18 mins top

I'll ignore them because I understand that anything can happen in one game and that is one data point. When you look at the big picture and see how they perform against other competition, it's easy to see that performance was a fluke, just like our performance against Georgia in 2019. The shiny object syndrome folks are the people that think that performance was anything other than a fluke.

I'll ignore them because I understand that anything can happen in one game and that is one data point.

Well, that sure surprised me. You're actually admitting that you're simply ignoring the facts.

I'd compliment you for actually admitting it, but it's not really a good thing.

I'm not sure any game would play out the exact same if replayed. (Like UK fans say about us)

But in general terms, yes, I think they'd still run on them and control the clock.
I think it is extremely far fetched to think they could do that again. After that A&M beat #13 Miami, #10 Arkansas, and played #1 Bama to within 4 points in Tuscaloosa. Actually, if they had a replay I think the Aggies would destroy them. They are a vastly more talented and better team. They just were not ready to play that game and it bit them in the ass.

Well, that sure surprised me. You're actually admitting that you're simply ignoring the facts.

I'd compliment you for actually admitting it, but it's not really a good thing.

Yes, I'm completely ignoring the stats for that one game because they aren't relevant. You just don't seem to understand that a team can win a game, even with lopsided stats, and it still be a fluke.

So, you think App St would be favored if they were scheduled to play this weekend? You really think that?

I think it is extremely far fetched to think they could do that again. After that A&M beat #13 Miami, #10 Arkansas, and played #1 Bama to within 4 points in Tuscaloosa. Actually, if they had a replay I think the Aggies would destroy them. They are a vastly more talented and better team. They just were not ready to play that game and it bit them in the ass.

Aren't Miami and Arkansas unranked?

I think App St could absolutely go in and run it on A&M, and I'm pretty confident in that because I already watched them do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT