ADVERTISEMENT

Well, we crapped in the dough tray when we let Jake get away. But, what the heck, we're use to doing

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
foolish things, so it really doesn't matter.

EDIT: Correction to spelling in the title to reduce confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brace1
He saw the writing on the wall with Hilinski and Doty but Colin Hill thing just threw a monkey wrench in everything

Reactions: jeff2001
Sorry your favorite player transferred!

He wasn't my favorite player but he was a good player. Just look at what he did today on the home field of an undefeated Colorado team.

Had Jake not transferred he would have easily broken a number of school passing recorders. I can't understand why more people or not upset that THE COACHING STAFF let him leave USC. I can't remember the scores in all of our games this year but he could have won the UT game and who knows maybe just maybe ignited the entire team.

Not really. He had some excellent games here. Unfortunately his performance would generally revert to the mean for several games before having another great one. He slashed and gashed Venables‘ D in 2018, then department store bowl happened.
The reversal that was encountered was earned in the face of ample opportunity.

Reactions: Zann77
Too much Eldertonic tonight, OPie. That stuff is actually about 30 proof. Go to bed, Sunday school is at 9 am.

I watched the game Utah/Colorado and was pulling for Jake and the Utes. They used leaf blowers to get snow off of field.😊 He seemed more confident and stronger. Not sure about his happiness meter.

Bet Dad got a kick out of that game.

Jake's problem at SC was mostly due to coaching and play calling. The historical record of quarterback ruination is there for anyone to see.

Did he blow a 21-0 lead or was it the “whole Utah team, and coaching staff that blew a 21-0 lead. The way the Utes defense played I would say the latter.
Hold on now, the OP said Bentley beat the potheads at Colorado. So Bentley blew a 21 point lead. Right ?

He had terrible coaching here. If he played in Spurrier’s era he would have excelled.
“Coaching” was suspect yes. The culture, within the program and without, became equally if not more so damaging.

I’ve said many times and I stand by it, put Bentley on those Spurrier teams and Shaw on the Muschamp teams. It would open folks’ eyes.

I also stand by my assertion that Bentley will play in the NFL.

Reactions: Brace1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT